Research in Motion (RIM) has today announced that its BlackBerry PlayBook tablet will launch in Australia on Monday 20 June, and will start at $579.
Tablets & eBook readers
Motorola's Xoom Android tablet launched in Australia with a disabled microSD card slot, but Telstra has today confirmed that a software update in July will activate the missing functionality.
Mobile movie- and music-makers can add a few new tools to their toolbelts: On Wednesday, Apple released updates for both GarageBand and iMovie for iPad, adding new import options for the first, performance fixes for the latter, and AirPlay and HDMI s...
ASUS has today announced local pricing details for its Eee Pad Transformer Android tablet, pricing it significantly higher in Australia than in the US.
So you're the proud possessor of a shiny new Android tablet. Now what?
The HTC Flyer 7in Android tablet is already available overseas, but U.S. shoppers will be able to find it at Best Buy and Best Buy Mobile starting May 22. I just received a shipping unit, so here are some first impressions.
Users of Apple's iPad and other tablets prefer to spend more time fiddling with their devices in bed than in the bathroom.
Playboy managed to bypass Apple's puritan rule over the App Store and launch a Web app containing all the back issues of the adult magazine.
Component supply issues that left Apple unable to produce as many iPad 2 units as it had planned have reportedly eased.
Apple is tweaking the look of its retail stores in what could be another marketing coup for the consumer electronics powerhouse.
Controlling your PC remotely from your smartphone sounds useful in theory, looks cool as an experiment, and generally proves impractical in everyday use.
Amazon plans to release two new Android tablets before the end of 2011, including one with NVIDIA's forthcoming mobile quad-core chip, according to online rumors. Amazon is purportedly planning an entry-level tablet, codenamed "Coyote," with a dual-c...
ASUS will announce the Australian launch of its anticipated Eee Pad Transformer Android tablet at a media event in Sydney on 24 May.
RIM's hotly anticipated BlackBerry PlayBook tablet is set to officially launch in Australia on 1 June, according to an industry source that has been testing the tablet who wished to remain anonymous.
Google gave Android developers several reasons to cheer on Tuesday with its announcement of new versions of the operating system, as well as the addition of music and movies to the Android Market.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Samsung Galaxy Note 7 review
- 2 Portable power: Venom Blackbook 13 Zero review
- 3 Alcatel Idol 4S review: King of the mid-range?
- 4 Witness a 241% Australian price hike: Dell Latitude 7370 review
- 5 Is this the best value phone on the market? Moto G4 Plus review
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Slump continues as tablet markets records worst quarter since 2012
- Acer puts liquid cooling in its Switch Alpha 12 tablet
- Intel's tablet adventure looking more like its netbook disaster
- Display expert: The 9.7-inch iPad Pro's color accuracy is “visually indistinguishable from perfect”
- 9.7-inch iPad Pro teardown reveals iPhone 6s Plus camera and 2GB of RAM
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- CCICT Security Design & Implementation - NV1ACT
- FTSenior Full Stack .Net Developer - Brand NEW IoT ProjectNSW
- FTApplications Support / Systems Administrator | DefenceACT
- CCICT Security Design & Implementation - NV1ACT
- CCComms project specialistVIC
- CCJunior/Intermediate Drupal web developer - APS Level 4/5 equiACT
- CCCustomer Service SpecialistVIC
- CCSAP ArchitectSA
- CCContract Programmer (JAVA/XML) 160818/P/872Asia
- CCFunctional & System Integration Test AnalystACT
- CCBusiness AnalystNSW
- FTUNIX, LINUX , VM System AdministrationNSW
- FTTest Lead - HP ALMNSW
- FTPython Data EngineerWA
- CCSecurity ArchitectACT
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (JAVA/JBoss/SQL) 160831/AP/994Asia
- CCLean Six Sigma Project ManagerVIC
- CCBusiness Intelligence Business AnalystSA
- CCEnterprise ArchitectNSW
- CCContract Junior Programmer (JAVA/J2EE/SQL) 160902/JP/709Asia
- CCContract Systems Analyst (JAVA/J2EE/SQL) 160902/SA/812Asia
- CCImplementation and Deployment ManagerNSW
- CCContract IT Assistant (SQL/Windows7/8/10) 160901/AP/781Asia
- CCNetwork Engineer - TelecomVIC
- CCCA Gen Model Management-Oracle RDBMS, Oracle Solaris, TTNNSW