Sony will take its first step into the tablet market later this year when it launches two devices. Prototypes of the two tablets were previewed at a Tokyo news conference on Tuesday, but what are they like to use? On Tuesday evening I had a brief cha...
Tablets & eBook readers
Sony will make its long-awaited entry into the tablet PC market later this year with two models based on the latest version of Google's Android operating system.
I bought a Blackberry PlayBook yesterday, but I'll probably return it.
Telstra has confirmed it will sell the Motorola Xoom Android tablet in Australia from next month following weeks of rumours.
Once offered as a premium device that cost almost $1000, Telstra today slashed the price of the original Samsung Galaxy Tab Android tablet to just $299.
Any IT department hoping to escape the headaches of supporting iPads in the enterprise should realize that they're more than likely already being brought into the workplace.
PC sales in the first quarter of this year suffered, and analysts are placing the blame on the tablet market and the disaster in Japan.
As Research In Motion launched its PlayBook on Thursday evening, Cisco Systems was already accepting orders for its Cius enterprise tablet and shipping it to some customers.
Intel is speeding up the release of tablet chips in an attempt to close the power and performance gap with ARM, which dominates the tablet market, analysts said this week.
Computer manufacturers, makers of video gear and game machines, be nervous. Research from Google's AdMob group shows there's a new Borg in town: Tablet computers.
Kogan has today announced that it has expanded its range of Agora products to include a network video streamer, a 7in tablet and two 12in laptops.
Taiwanese motherboard maker Gigabyte Technology will come out with two Android tablets later this year, including one that can also run Windows, and a Windows 8 tablet next year, the company senior vice president said on Wednesday.
Vodafone today announced that its latest tablet device, the Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1v, has been delayed until May 4 in Australia.
Gartner released a report predicting the state of the tablet market for the next few years. Depending on your perspective, and whether you choose to be a "glass half full" or "glass half empty" type of person, the Apple iPad will either dominate the ...
Gigabyte Technology has begun taking orders for its S1080 Windows 7 tablet in its home market of Taiwan, and expects to start sales in other parts of the world next month.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Huawei P9 review: lifting photography to another level... sometimes.
- 2 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 3 D-Link Taipan AC3200 Ultra tri-band modem-router review
- 4 Dell XPS 13 (2016) review: Making the very best Ultrabook
- 5 Microsoft Surface Book review: The verdict on Microsoft's first notebook
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- Slump continues as tablet markets records worst quarter since 2012
- Acer puts liquid cooling in its Switch Alpha 12 tablet
- Intel's tablet adventure looking more like its netbook disaster
- Display expert: The 9.7-inch iPad Pro's color accuracy is “visually indistinguishable from perfect”
- 9.7-inch iPad Pro teardown reveals iPhone 6s Plus camera and 2GB of RAM
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- CCDigital Business AnalystVIC
- FTSystems AnalystVIC
- CCAEM Backend DeveloperVIC
- CCPMO AnalystVIC
- CCProject Manager | Experimental military technology | NV1ACT
- CCSenior Media AnalystVIC
- CCHybrid Mobile App DeveloperNSW
- CCAnalyst Programmer (J2EE/ SQL*PLUS/PL/SQL/PRO*C) 160617/AP/983Asia
- CCNational Project CoordinatorNSW
- FTNV2 Defence Project Manager | Canberra | Major exciting White Paper projectsACT
- CCProject DirectorWA
- CCTibco DeveloperWA
- FTTechnical COE SpecialistACT
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (J2EE/Oracle) 160704/AP/601Asia
- CCSharePoint Consultant - Office 365NSW
- FTSenior Manager Practice LeadNSW
- CCSr Business Analyst FI/CO, ERP, Procurement, Payroll, HR, SAPNSW
- FTDatabase DeveloperACT
- CCSecurity Engineer - SUMO focusNSW
- CCSalesforce Technical Business AnalystNSW
- CCProgram Test ManagerNSW
- FTContinuous delivery application deployment automation specialist (DevOps)NSW
- FTService Desk AnalystNSW