Gartner released a report predicting the state of the tablet market for the next few years. Depending on your perspective, and whether you choose to be a "glass half full" or "glass half empty" type of person, the Apple iPad will either dominate the ...
Tablets & eBook readers
Gigabyte Technology has begun taking orders for its S1080 Windows 7 tablet in its home market of Taiwan, and expects to start sales in other parts of the world next month.
Intel has hinted that is developing another next-generation chip for tablets, called "Cloverview," as part of its ongoing strategy to make its Atom processors more power-efficient.
A French research group has used the iPad 2's front facing camera to enable the tablet to display 3D images without the need to wear glasses.
Intel is working with Google to bring Android 3.0 to tablets running on low-power Atom chips code-named Oak Trail, according to an Intel executive.
Apple admitted on Friday it is looking into a Verizon 3G connectivity issue that some iPad 2 owners are reporting.
Apple is reportedly investigating complaints from iPad 2 owners who say they can't connect to Verizon's cellular network, <a href="http://mobilized.allthingsd.com/20110408/apple-says-investigating-verizon-ipad-3g-issues/">according to a story on the ...
Lenovo, Motorola and Dell are preparing to launch tablets in China. But can the Happy Pad outsell Apple's iPad?
Time Warner has asked a judge to rule on whether it has the right to let customers stream cable content to their iPads, a question that has lit up debate among content providers, cable companies and their customers over the past weeks.
VMware will ship a desktop virtualization client for Android Honeycomb-based tablets at the end of the second quarter or beginning of the third quarter, according to Vittorio Viarengo, vice president of End User Computing at VMware.
Microsoft will try to lure iPad users to its search engine with a new Bing application built specifically for the popular Apple tablet device.
Rsupport this week launched a new application that will let IT departments remotely support and manage their users' Android-based devices.
A Taiwanese producer of plastic lenses said on Wednesday its March revenues shot up because of a surge in orders from tablet PC makers, indicating that cameras will be installed on devices due for release later in the year.
In news that should surprise no one, Dell's Windows 7 tablet may not be ready until September at the earliest.
iPad 2 shortages may have started easing in the U.S. but they're plaguing the afterlife in Malaysia: Chinese families there are scrambling to find paper replicas of the new tablet to burn at the tombs of their ancestors.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 2 BlackBerry Priv review: When old habits die hard
- 3 Dell XPS 13 (2016) review: Making the very best Ultrabook
- 4 Microsoft Surface Book review: The verdict on Microsoft's first notebook
- 5 Google Nexus 6P review: An outstanding multimedia machine
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- Apple might show off iPhone 5se and iPad Air 3 at March 15 event
- Tablet shipments down, but detachables catch on
- 34 per cent of global online transactions made mobile: Adyen
- Apple's Q1: Record $US18.4 billion profit, but iPhone sales are slowing
- CES 2016: Top 10 trends
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- FTSenior Business ConsultantNSW
- CCMicrosoft Dynamics CRM DeveloperSA
- CCService Delivery Manager - Infrastructure/ApplicationsNSW
- CCTechnical Lead - .NET TechnologiesACT
- CCOracle Applications Projects Functional ConsultantSA
- CCFront End DeveloperVIC
- FTProgram ManagerNSW
- CCService EngineerVIC
- CCLevel 2 Helpdesk, Service Support- Remedy or SAP backgroundNSW
- CCIT Hadoop DevelopersQLD
- FTSolution ArchitectNSW
- CCProgram Master SchedulerNSW
- FTFraud AnalystVIC
- CCHybris Developer - Global Digital AgencyNSW
- FTJava Web Development OpportunityVIC
- CCEnterprise ArchitectNSW
- CCSenior Agile Business Analyst - Online/Mobile experienceNSW
- CCApplication Support AnalystNSW
- CCIT Security EngineerNSW
- CCProject Manager - Managed Print ServicesNSW
- FTSenior Consultant | Project work | National Systems IntegratorNSW
- CCSolution Architect - .NET environmentACT
- FTJava DeveloperNSW
- FTChange LeadNSW
- CCInfrastructure ConsultantNSW