The Apple iPad 2 improves on the original iPad with more processing and graphics power, and some nifty features like a built-in gyroscope and accelerometer. The best way to show off these new features is by playing a bunch of fun games — we've ...
Tablets & eBook readers
Intel expects tablets running its power-efficient chip code-named Oak Trail to become available next month, the company said on Friday.
Some Android tablets have unique features that set the devices apart from Apple's iPad 2. Toshiba is offering its Tablet with a replaceable battery option, which users can buy for US$89. Keyboards for Motorola's Xoom and Samsung's Galaxy Tab are avai...
Asus will continue to build Window 7 tablets, calling Microsoft's OS a worthy competitor to the Apple iPad and the army of Android tablets on the market. An Asus official told TechRadar that the company gets a lot of inquiries from the consumer and b...
Hewlett-Packard is giving developers early access to the webOS 3.0 SDK (Software Development Kit), hoping that they will start working on applications for the company's upcoming TouchPad tablet, the company said in a blog post on Wednesday.
A year after its initial release, the iPad tablet has made Apple the undisputed leader in the tablet space and created a whole new market niche, but strong competition is emerging, a prominent Apple iOS application developer said on Wednesday afterno...
According to analyst firm Garner, tablet sales will be in part responsible for 5.6 per cent growth in global IT spending this year. According to Garner, IT spending should hit US$3.6 trillion this year, up 5.6 per cent from last year.
One of the founding fathers of the original IBM PC, Mark Dean, says competition in the smartphone and tablet markets today is as wild as the early microcomputer battles between Apple, Commodore and IBM almost three decades ago.
Woe is the rival company that predicts failure Apple and its products, particularly the iPad.
Can you bring your iPad to work? Or will you get in big trouble? With a nod to David Letterman's Top Ten list Signs You've Purchased a Bad iPhone, here are our signs that grease the wheels for iPads to roll into the enterprise.
With tablets invading the enterprise, IT departments are facing new challenges around controlling mobile connectivity expenses.
In an event in Sydney today, Acer unveiled its iPad 2 competitor: the Iconia A500 Android tablet. It's set to hit Australian retailers in mid-April.
Semiconductor companies in Taiwan plan to hire thousands of new employees on the island this year to meet the fast-growing global consumer demand for smartphones and tablet PCs.
Chinese PC maker Lenovo said it launched its first tablet computer, the LePad, in China on Monday, marking the company's entrance into one of the hottest emerging areas of the gadget sector.
Asustek Computer will hold production of netbooks at last year's levels as sales of tablets eat into the market for portable PCs, a company product specialist said on Friday.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Samsung Galaxy Note 7 review
- 2 Portable power: Venom Blackbook 13 Zero review
- 3 Alcatel Idol 4S review: King of the mid-range?
- 4 Witness a 241% Australian price hike: Dell Latitude 7370 review
- 5 Is this the best value phone on the market? Moto G4 Plus review
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Slump continues as tablet markets records worst quarter since 2012
- Acer puts liquid cooling in its Switch Alpha 12 tablet
- Intel's tablet adventure looking more like its netbook disaster
- Display expert: The 9.7-inch iPad Pro's color accuracy is “visually indistinguishable from perfect”
- 9.7-inch iPad Pro teardown reveals iPhone 6s Plus camera and 2GB of RAM
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- CCData Centre Solutions Architect - Red Hat, Wintel & VMware - CanberraACT
- CCContract Programmer (JAVA/J2EE/SQL) 160902/P/743Asia
- CCChange / Project ManagerVIC
- CCChange AnalystNSW
- FTOrchestration Engineer - DevOps - PuppetVIC
- CCContract Programmer (Data/File Backup Technology) 160826/P/283Asia
- CCData/ Business AnalystVIC
- CCProject Manager XPLANNSW
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (IT Application/Web) 160825/AP/183Asia
- CCTesting Resource ManagerVIC
- FTIT Manager - Infrastructure Strategy and OperationsNSW
- CCContract Systems Analyst (Cognos/JAVA/J2EE) 160831/SA/122Asia
- FTTest Lead - HP ALMNSW
- CCQuality AnalystNSW
- CCMurex Developers x 2NSW
- CCNetwork Technology SpecialistVIC
- FTSenior Front End Developer (UX/UI)SA
- CCBI-Business Intelligence Technical LeadNSW
- FTIT Infrastructure EngineerSA
- CCFacilities ManagerACT
- CCContract IT Assistant (SQL/Windows7/8/10) 160901/AP/781Asia
- CCSoftware Engineer - Linux with NV1 clearanceVIC
- CCLinux EngineerVIC
- CCSenior Business AnalystACT
- FTInfrastructure Engineer - Cloud computingAsia