ASUS' Eee Pad Transformer gives Android tablet users the option of attaching a separate physical keyboard, but what if you simply can't live without a keyboard at all? Enter the ASUS Eee Pad Slider: a 10.1in Android tablet with a built-in slide-out k...
Tablets & eBook readers
Most Android tablets seem to look and feel like very similar devices, but the ASUS Eee Pad Transformer attempts to add some much needed variety to the market. The Eee Pad Transformer is a 10.1in Android 'Honeycomb' tablet that boasts an optional, det...
Motorola's long-awaited Xoom tablet may have already launched in the US, but has just hit Australian shores. The Xoom was the first tablet in the world to ship with Google's Android 3.0 'Honeycomb' operating system that has been specifically designed...
It has taken a little longer than expected, but Sony has finally joined the rest of the tech world in unveiling an Android tablet. The Sony Tablet S has a 9.4in touchscreen display and runs the Google Android 3.1 Honeycomb platform that is specifical...
Acer is the latest company to jump aboard the tablet wagon with the Iconia A500 Android tablet. The 10.1in Acer Iconia A500 runs the latest version of Google's Android operating system, 3.0 Honeycomb, and has a full-sized USB port for storing and tra...
Acer may be taking on the iPad 2 with its 10.1in Iconia A500 Android tablet, but the Iconia A100 targets a slightly different market: it has a 7in screen so its obviously smaller and lighter than its bigger brother.
Acer has unveiled its iPad 2 competitor, the Iconia A500 Android tablet, which is set to hit Australian retailers in mid-April.
Apple's iPad 2 tablet is finally here. A successor to the original iPad, which created a completely new category of devices and sold almost 15 million units worldwide, the iPad 2 is faster, thinner and lighter than its predecessor and now has dual ca...
Samsung was the first manufacturer to provide a credible iPad competitor with its original Samsung Galaxy Tab and now the company is back with a bigger and better tablet -- the powerful Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1v.
Not to be confused with the Galaxy Tab 10.1v, which is the Vodafone-exclusive tablet launching in Australia next month, Samsung has added two brand new Android tablets to its arsenal, one of which is the new Galaxy Tab 10.1.
After months of rumours, Apple's hotly anticipated iPad 2 tablet has finally been unveiled by Apple CEO Steve Jobs.
The LG Optimus Pad Android tablet is the world's first tablet with a built-in 3D camera, enabling users to capture 3D images and videos that can then be viewed on a high-definition 3D TV.
HTC has announced the launch of its first Android tablet, the Android-powered HTC Flyer.
HP has become the latest technology vendor to launch a tablet device that is set to compete with Apple's iPad, unveiling the HP TouchPad tablet in the US.
ViewSonic is the latest manufacturer to release an Android-powered tablet that will compete with the popular Apple iPad and Samsung's Galaxy Tab. Described by the company as "a smartphone, computer, game centre and e-book all combined in one," the Vi...
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Samsung Galaxy Note 7 review
- 2 Portable power: Venom Blackbook 13 Zero review
- 3 Alcatel Idol 4S review: King of the mid-range?
- 4 Witness a 241% Australian price hike: Dell Latitude 7370 review
- 5 Is this the best value phone on the market? Moto G4 Plus review
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Slump continues as tablet markets records worst quarter since 2012
- Acer puts liquid cooling in its Switch Alpha 12 tablet
- Intel's tablet adventure looking more like its netbook disaster
- Display expert: The 9.7-inch iPad Pro's color accuracy is “visually indistinguishable from perfect”
- 9.7-inch iPad Pro teardown reveals iPhone 6s Plus camera and 2GB of RAM
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- CCContract Senior Web Developer (PHP/Drupal/JAVA) 160808/SWD/vtdAsia
- CCAnalyst Programmer/Snr. Analyst Programmer 20160817/vedAsia
- FTMicrosoft Enterprise Project Management - Technical ConsultantACT
- FTOperations ManagerNSW
- CCContract Systems Analyst (Datacentre Maintenance) 160817/SA/993Asia
- CCSolution Architect - WMS/LogisticsVIC
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (.NET/SQL Server) 160829/AP/267Asia
- CCIT Program Manager - TelecommunicationsNSW
- CCData ModellerACT
- CCSharePoint DeveloperACT
- CCProject ManagerACT
- FTMicrosoft Solution ArchitectACT
- CCFull stack Java Developer- NoSQL database, Amazon AWS productsNSW
- CCChange AnalystVIC
- CCContract Systems Analyst (Windows 7/8/10) 160901/SA/212Asia
- CCTechnical Business Analyst- BABOK,Infrastructure, Banking bkgndNSW
- FTBack End Developer - Java, Spring, RESTNSW
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (Crystal Report/JAVA) 160816/AP/vhsAsia
- CCPorfolio Value Delivery ManagerNSW
- FTSAP Ariba Consultant/ManagerVIC
- CCChange AnalystNSW
- FTStorage EngineerSA
- CCSolution Architect - POSVIC
- CCSystems Analyst (IT Security/Network & Systems) 160826/SA/652Asia
- CCSenior Project Manager - TelecommunicationVIC