Most Android tablets seem to look and feel like very similar devices, but the ASUS Eee Pad Transformer attempts to add some much-needed variety to the market. The Eee Pad Transformer is a 10.1in Android 'Honeycomb' tablet that boasts an optional, det...
Tablets & eBook readers - Reviews
PlayBook may be an odd name for BlackBerry's first tablet, but RIM's 7in PlayBook offers a refreshing interface and smooth performance that live up to its name. However, beyond the great multitasking and intuitive UI, the PlayBook holds little appeal...
ASUS' Eee Pad Transformer gives Android tablet users the option of attaching a separate physical keyboard, but what if you simply can't live without a keyboard at all? Enter the ASUS Eee Pad Slider: a 10.1in Android tablet with a built-in slide-out k...
Most Android tablets seem to look and feel like very similar devices, but the ASUS Eee Pad Transformer attempts to add some much needed variety to the market. The Eee Pad Transformer is a 10.1in Android 'Honeycomb' tablet that boasts an optional, det...
Motorola's long-awaited Xoom tablet may have already launched in the US, but has just hit Australian shores. The Xoom was the first tablet in the world to ship with Google's Android 3.0 'Honeycomb' operating system that has been specifically designed...
It has taken a little longer than expected, but Sony has finally joined the rest of the tech world in unveiling an Android tablet. The Sony Tablet S has a 9.4in touchscreen display and runs the Google Android 3.1 Honeycomb platform that is specifical...
Acer is the latest company to jump aboard the tablet wagon with the Iconia A500 Android tablet. The 10.1in Acer Iconia A500 runs the latest version of Google's Android operating system, 3.0 Honeycomb, and has a full-sized USB port for storing and tra...
Acer may be taking on the iPad 2 with its 10.1in Iconia A500 Android tablet, but the Iconia A100 targets a slightly different market: it has a 7in screen so its obviously smaller and lighter than its bigger brother.
Acer has unveiled its iPad 2 competitor, the Iconia A500 Android tablet, which is set to hit Australian retailers in mid-April.
Apple's iPad 2 tablet is finally here. A successor to the original iPad, which created a completely new category of devices and sold almost 15 million units worldwide, the iPad 2 is faster, thinner and lighter than its predecessor and now has dual ca...
Samsung was the first manufacturer to provide a credible iPad competitor with its original Samsung Galaxy Tab and now the company is back with a bigger and better tablet -- the powerful Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1v.
Not to be confused with the Galaxy Tab 10.1v, which is the Vodafone-exclusive tablet launching in Australia next month, Samsung has added two brand new Android tablets to its arsenal, one of which is the new Galaxy Tab 10.1.
After months of rumours, Apple's hotly anticipated iPad 2 tablet has finally been unveiled by Apple CEO Steve Jobs.
The LG Optimus Pad Android tablet is the world's first tablet with a built-in 3D camera, enabling users to capture 3D images and videos that can then be viewed on a high-definition 3D TV.
HTC has announced the launch of its first Android tablet, the Android-powered HTC Flyer.
Gadgets & Things
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Finally! LG OLED TV 2016 range review
- 2 Huawei Nova Plus smartphone review
- 3 Apple iPhone 7 Plus review: including Portrait Mode
- 4 Google Daydream View VR full, in-depth review
- 5 Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: Phones just got smarter
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Lenovo's ThinkPad X1 Tablet modules add features but limit functionality
- Slump continues as tablet markets records worst quarter since 2012
- Acer puts liquid cooling in its Switch Alpha 12 tablet
- Intel's tablet adventure looking more like its netbook disaster
- Display expert: The 9.7-inch iPad Pro's color accuracy is “visually indistinguishable from perfect”
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- The top 10 best and worst tech gadgets and products of 2016
- TV of the year award 2016
- Best phone of the year 2016
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- FTBrand Marketing Manager - Premium Entertainment BrandNSW
- FTCloud Orchestration SpecialistVIC
- TPAEM DeveloperNSW
- FTLevel 3 EngineerNSW
- FTJava DeveloperNSW
- FTCheckpoint Firewall and VPNNSW
- TPProject Manager - SAPQLD
- FTWeb Front- End DeveloperSA
- FTSenior Linux Systems AdministratorNSW
- FTInformation Security ManagerNSW
- FTService Delivery Manager - EnterpriseACT
- FTTechnical Account ManagerQLD
- CCAnalyst Programmer (Contract) FinanceNSW
- FTMicrosoft Dynamics AX Finance ConsultantACT
- CCAgile CoachWA
- CCFIS Connex Developer (Brisbane Based)NSW
- TPTest ManagerQLD
- FTSystem AdministratorNSW
- CCDigital Business Analyst - Apps DevelopmentNSW
- TPInfrastructure ArchitectVIC
- CCPeoplesoft SpecialistACT
- FTLevel 2 Service DeskNSW
- FTProject Manager (Software product development)VIC
- CCSAP HR/ Payroll ConsultantQLD
- CCIT Risk Specialist (Assurance) - TelcoVIC