Hiding in the shadows of Apple’s iPad Air 2 announcement was the smaller iPad Mini 3, neglected, with the only improvement made to the year-old tablet being Touch ID.
Tablets & eBook readers
HP's Pro Tablet 610 G1 is a 10.1in slate that's geared towards small business users who need a highly mobile tablet device that can run regular Windows software. HP's goal with this tablet was to bring 64-bit capability to the market at an affordable...
The small tweaks Apple has made to its iPad flagship have a big impact. The new iPad is thinner and lighter, has a better screen, maintains battery life and is more powerful. It’s also worth noting the original iPad Air was a stellar tablet from the ...
You might scoff at the way the Medion Akoya P2214T (MD99430) looks -- as did some people in our office -- but if you can find another 2-in-1 Windows 8.1 hybrid device with a Full HD screen for under $550, only then will your scoffing be tolerated.
Saying that the Surface Pro 3 is the best Windows tablet on the market isn't a stretch, and it shouldn't come as a surprise. Microsoft has built on the Surface Pro 2 in a big way, starting with the screen size, and ending with the adjustable kickstan...
HP's business-centric ElitePad 1000 G2 tablet picks up the ball where it was dropped by the ElitePad 900. It has a more powerful processor at the helm, along with a larger allotment of RAM, it runs the 64-bit version of Windows 8.1, and it now has a ...
Samsung's flagship tablet leads the market with a stunning display and adds an innovative finger scanner to the everyday slate. Almost everything about the Tab S is perfect. Almost.
Toshiba’s Satellite L30W is designed for those of you who have a need for a big tablet. It’s a 13.3in tablet at its core, but it ships in the shape of a notebook, which means it’s another of those 2-in-1 devices that allows you to pick one form facto...
Xiaomi has made a name for itself in the global market by delivering premium products without the discriminatory price tag. Now the Chinese company is entering the tablet market with the MiPad, a 7.9in tablet with a high resolution screen, powerful G...
Asus has just released an introductory version of its Transformer hybrid, the Transformer Pad (TF103C). The Intel powered Android tablet comes with a functional keyboard, but is it worth buying a hybrid when you can get the real deal?
50,000 in less than four minutes: that’s how quickly Xiaomi's first tablet, the MiPad, ran out of stock. It is now being shipped in limited numbers and Good Gear Guide has gone hands-on ahead of our detailed review.
The Galaxy Tab S is everything we’ve wanted from a Galaxy tablet realised. Superfluous features have been ditched in favour of a greater focus on improving the basics. Samsung’s heritage is in the television market and it takes but a moment to realis...
Since the release of Intel's Atom Bay Trail platform, lightweight Windows-based tablets have received a much-needed boost in speed and endurance. We noticed that first in mostly consumer offerings, such as the ASUS T100 and Toshiba Encore. Lenovo has...
Asus' introductory tablet looks great and has a solid set of features. A $229 price makes it accessible to the masses, but we do worry the Intel-powered tablet might not be for everyone.
With the Surface Pro 3, Microsoft is gunning for the notebook market. The new device is thinner, lighter, and better balanced than the Surface Pro 2, and it has a focus on providing a better typing experience when an optional keyboard cover is attach...
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Motorola Moto X Style review: A no compromise flagship
- 2 Oppo R7 Plus review: a stellar sub-$600 phablet
- 3 Samsung Galaxy Tab S2 (9.7) 4G review: Samsung does a lot more with a lot less
- 4 Motorola Moto G (3rd gen) review: Is it worth an extra $100?
- 5 Jawbone UP3 review: 3 months with Jawbone's best fitness tracker
Join the PC World newsletter!
Deals on PC World
- Networking, Wireless & VoIP
Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- Samsung's flagship tablet and 4GB of Internet from $42 a month
- The iPad mini 4's display shrugs off ambient light like a champ, says DisplayMate
- Apple’s neglected iPad gets the upgrade it deserves
- iPad Mini 4 teardown: Shrunken battery, double RAM
- Apple iPhone 6s, iPad Pro & Apple TV: The bullet points
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- FTDatabase Marketing ManagerNSW
- FTSenior Account Manager - PR AgencyNSW
- FTSenior Consultant | Project work | National Systems IntegratorVIC
- FTField EngineerNSW
- FTAndroid DeveloperNSW
- FTSystems Administrator - Managed ServicesNSW
- FTProduct Marketing ManagerNSW
- FTSystems Administrator | National commercial law firm | MS, AWS & eDiscoveryNSW
- CCMilitary simulation programmer with C# and Unity - 3 monthsNSW
- FTMid level IT consultant | Systems Integration & Managed ServicesNSW
- FTManual Test Engineer | Financial Institution | Web testingNSW
- FTAccount Manager | Client Side - Previous Agency Experience Welcome!!NSW
- CCE-Commerce - Senior Web Application DeveloperNSW
- FT1st & 2nd level IT support all-rounder in beautiful rural BathurstNSW
- FTAccount Manager | Music IndustryNSW
- FTDigital ManagerNSW
- FTSales SpecialistNSW
- FTLevel 2 IT Support TechnicianVIC
- FTLinux Administrator with AWS & DevopsNSW
- FTBusiness Development & Account ManagementNSW