There's a strangeness to the HP Envy X2 (15-c001tu) that's hard to overcome. This mostly comes from its detachable keyboard, which features a touchpad on the right side, rather than below the keys. But there are other things, such as the size of the ...
Tablets & eBook readers
To put it simply, the Lenovo ThinkPad Helix 2 is an 11.6in Windows 8-based tablet that ships with a keyboard base so that you can get some work done. It’s a product that’s different to many of the 2-in-1 devices that populate the market, primarily be...
Acer’s Aspire Switch 10 Pro is a hybrid Windows 8.1-based device that’s aimed primarily at the education and business markets. It’s a tablet device first and foremost, but it ships with a keyboard base that allows it to also be used as a notebook or ...
Powerful compact variants of Sony smartphones have garnered general acclaim. Is there room in the tablet space for a powerful tablet modelling the Compact form?
Toshiba's Encore Mini is touted as offering a full Windows PC experience in a 7in form factor. The question is: why would you want a full Windows PC experience in such a small device?
Hiding in the shadows of Apple’s iPad Air 2 announcement was the smaller iPad Mini 3, neglected, with the only improvement made to the year-old tablet being Touch ID.
HP's Pro Tablet 610 G1 is a 10.1in slate that's geared towards small business users who need a highly mobile tablet device that can run regular Windows software. HP's goal with this tablet was to bring 64-bit capability to the market at an affordable...
The small tweaks Apple has made to its iPad flagship have a big impact. The new iPad is thinner and lighter, has a better screen, maintains battery life and is more powerful. It’s also worth noting the original iPad Air was a stellar tablet from the ...
You might scoff at the way the Medion Akoya P2214T (MD99430) looks -- as did some people in our office -- but if you can find another 2-in-1 Windows 8.1 hybrid device with a Full HD screen for under $550, only then will your scoffing be tolerated.
Saying that the Surface Pro 3 is the best Windows tablet on the market isn't a stretch, and it shouldn't come as a surprise. Microsoft has built on the Surface Pro 2 in a big way, starting with the screen size, and ending with the adjustable kickstan...
HP's business-centric ElitePad 1000 G2 tablet picks up the ball where it was dropped by the ElitePad 900. It has a more powerful processor at the helm, along with a larger allotment of RAM, it runs the 64-bit version of Windows 8.1, and it now has a ...
Samsung's flagship tablet leads the market with a stunning display and adds an innovative finger scanner to the everyday slate. Almost everything about the Tab S is perfect. Almost.
Toshiba’s Satellite L30W is designed for those of you who have a need for a big tablet. It’s a 13.3in tablet at its core, but it ships in the shape of a notebook, which means it’s another of those 2-in-1 devices that allows you to pick one form facto...
Xiaomi has made a name for itself in the global market by delivering premium products without the discriminatory price tag. Now the Chinese company is entering the tablet market with the MiPad, a 7.9in tablet with a high resolution screen, powerful G...
Asus has just released an introductory version of its Transformer hybrid, the Transformer Pad (TF103C). The Intel powered Android tablet comes with a functional keyboard, but is it worth buying a hybrid when you can get the real deal?
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 2 D-Link Taipan AC3200 Ultra tri-band modem-router review
- 3 Dell XPS 13 (2016) review: Making the very best Ultrabook
- 4 Microsoft Surface Book review: The verdict on Microsoft's first notebook
- 5 Telstra Wi-Fi 4GX Advanced III review: Testing the world's first 600Mbps wireless hotspot
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- Slump continues as tablet markets records worst quarter since 2012
- Acer puts liquid cooling in its Switch Alpha 12 tablet
- Intel's tablet adventure looking more like its netbook disaster
- Display expert: The 9.7-inch iPad Pro's color accuracy is “visually indistinguishable from perfect”
- 9.7-inch iPad Pro teardown reveals iPhone 6s Plus camera and 2GB of RAM
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- FTBusiness Analyst - Oracle Financials (Procure To Pay)NSW
- CCTechnology DeveloperVIC
- CCSnr IT Project Manager - Contact CentreVIC
- CCBusiness Analyst, LifeNSW
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (J2EE/JAVA/SQL) 160621/AP/082Asia
- CCBusiness Analyst - Healthcare industryVIC
- CCProject CoordinatorNSW
- CCContract Junior Programmer (HTML/JAVA/MySQL) 160613/JP/921Asia
- CCProject ManagerNSW
- CCIT Desktop Support- Travelling in NSW requiredNSW
- CCIntegration ArchitectNSW
- CCApplication Support Analyst and Database AdministratorVIC
- CCLead Solution Analyst - BMC Remedy softwareVIC
- FTSenior Architect, TechnologyNSW
- FTEnvironment ManagerVIC
- CCProgram Test ManagerNSW
- CCProject Manager | Experimental military technology | NV1ACT
- FTSenior Software Developer (Full Stack)SA
- CCProgram CoordinatorNSW
- CCBusiness Analyst - TravelNSW
- FTEnvironments Lead (Linux/ Automation)VIC
- CCProgram Controls ManagerACT
- CCBusiness AnalystVIC
- CCService Desk ConsultantVIC
- CCSystems Engineer | Experimental military technology | NV1ACT