50,000 in less than four minutes: that’s how quickly Xiaomi's first tablet, the MiPad, ran out of stock. It is now being shipped in limited numbers and Good Gear Guide has gone hands-on ahead of our detailed review.
Tablets & eBook readers
The Galaxy Tab S is everything we’ve wanted from a Galaxy tablet realised. Superfluous features have been ditched in favour of a greater focus on improving the basics. Samsung’s heritage is in the television market and it takes but a moment to realis...
Since the release of Intel's Atom Bay Trail platform, lightweight Windows-based tablets have received a much-needed boost in speed and endurance. We noticed that first in mostly consumer offerings, such as the ASUS T100 and Toshiba Encore. Lenovo has...
Asus' introductory tablet looks great and has a solid set of features. A $229 price makes it accessible to the masses, but we do worry the Intel-powered tablet might not be for everyone.
With the Surface Pro 3, Microsoft is gunning for the notebook market. The new device is thinner, lighter, and better balanced than the Surface Pro 2, and it has a focus on providing a better typing experience when an optional keyboard cover is attach...
Serial innovator, Asus, is at it again in Computex. The company unveiled its Asus Transformer Book V product, which is a 12.5in laptop that is actually much more than a laptop.
Lenovo’s latest tablet for corporate users makes use of the Intel Atom (Bay Trail) platform and is available in both 32-bit and 64-bit versions of Windows 8.1. It’s a tablet with a 10in form factor and it has a 10-point, multi-touch display that uses...
Microsoft’s acquisition of Nokia has gone through just as Nokia’s first tablet, the Lumia 2520, made its way to Telstra’s shelves. The 10.1-inch tablet will be one of the last products released by the Nokia we know and love. And although it comes wit...
Samsung has super-sized its latest Galaxy NotePro tablet to 12.2-inches. The new size aligns almost perfectly with that of a paper, and it goes oh-so-well with the company's S-Pen stylus. The question remains: is it worth paying more than $1000 for t...
Sony has spent the last three years honing the design and function of its Xperia range. The spec sheet of the company’s latest tablet, the Xperia Z2 Tablet, reveals it is thinner, lighter and more powerful than its rivals. But what sacrifices has Son...
Acer's Iconia tablet is looking to take on Google's Nexus 7 and Apple's iPad Mini for its stake of the low-end tablet market. The 7.9in tablet packs an Intel CPU, a 5MP camera and a sub-$250 price that should pique people's interest.
Panasonic’s 7in Toughpad FZ-M1 is a rugged tablet for enterprise users that runs Windows 8.1. It’s designed for use in conditions that are more rough-and-tumble than the humble office. Mainly, it suits environments such as warehouses, construction si...
The Acer Iconia W4 Windows 8.1 tablet may not look as attractive as some of its competitors, such as the Dell Venue 8 or the Toshiba Encore, but it puts more of a focus on function, rather than form. It runs a current generation Intel Atom CPU, has a...
The all-black Dell Venue 8 Pro has one of the slimmest profiles of all the Windows 8-based tablets we’ve seen to date, and the most streamlined aesthetics. It's a product that's aimed at businesses as much as regular consumers and students.
The Transformer line up by Asus attempts to make the multimedia-savvy tablet a content creation device by coupling it with a custom keyboard dock. The company's latest iteration, the Transformer Pad TF701T, offers many advantages, but can the best of...
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Huawei P9 review: lifting photography to another level... sometimes.
- 2 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 3 D-Link Taipan AC3200 Ultra tri-band modem-router review
- 4 Dell XPS 13 (2016) review: Making the very best Ultrabook
- 5 Microsoft Surface Book review: The verdict on Microsoft's first notebook
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- Slump continues as tablet markets records worst quarter since 2012
- Acer puts liquid cooling in its Switch Alpha 12 tablet
- Intel's tablet adventure looking more like its netbook disaster
- Display expert: The 9.7-inch iPad Pro's color accuracy is “visually indistinguishable from perfect”
- 9.7-inch iPad Pro teardown reveals iPhone 6s Plus camera and 2GB of RAM
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- CCArchitect (AWS)NSW
- CCICT Engineer - SecurityQLD
- CCBusiness System Analyst - FinanceVIC
- CCTenable Security - Technical ConsultantVIC
- CCSalesforce DeveloperVIC
- CCSecurity Solution ArchitectQLD
- FTFull-Stack .NET DeveloperVIC
- CCSharepoint Developer | Air Force project | NV1 clearanceNSW
- FTContract System SpecialistAsia
- CCSenior Applications SpecialistQLD
- CCProject Manager - Digital / MediaNSW
- CCProject Manager | Experimental military technology | NV1ACT
- CCLinux Systems AdministratorQLD
- CCHybrid Mobile App DeveloperNSW
- CCPMO AnalystVIC
- FTProduct OwnerNSW
- FTBusiness Analyst/Data Analyst Capability ManagerVIC
- CCAgile Product Manager/ UX, Web, Digital Project ManagerNSW
- CCSalesforce Technical Business AnalystNSW
- CCScrum Master with Java development backgroundACT
- CCRelease & Configuration Manager | Defence intelligence application | NV1 clearedACT
- FTDevelopment/Architect Capability ManagerVIC
- CCProgram DirectorNSW
- CCPMO ManagerVIC
- CCBusiness Analyst- Process Mapping Specialist- Gov / Bank backgdNSW