The all-black Dell Venue 8 Pro has one of the slimmest profiles of all the Windows 8-based tablets we’ve seen to date, and the most streamlined aesthetics. It's a product that's aimed at businesses as much as regular consumers and students.
Tablets & eBook readers
The Transformer line up by Asus attempts to make the multimedia-savvy tablet a content creation device by coupling it with a custom keyboard dock. The company's latest iteration, the Transformer Pad TF701T, offers many advantages, but can the best of...
The first time I handled the Lenovo IdeaTab S6000, I thought it was worth much more than its asking price. I wasn’t the only one duped by its attractive finish because colleagues around the office thought the same thing too. And that’s the thing abou...
The latest generation of Intel’s Atom processor has really helped make low-cost Windows 8-based tablets an attractive proposition. They are now zippier in their overall performance, and very much a joy to use. So far we’ve seen only 8in models from t...
Asus already has a strong line-up of tablets. Not only does it manufacture the widely-praised Nexus 7 with Google, but the company also offers 7in and 10in versions of the MeMO Pad. What can an 8in MeMO Pad offer that its similarly sized siblings can...
Kogan's Agora HD Mini is, to date, the cheapest Android tablet to feature 3G connectivity we’ve come across. Even with its $199 price, it still manages to feature a quad-core processor. Is the Agora HD Mini a case of exceptional value for money, or d...
The 2014 revision of the Galaxy Note 10.1 rights many of the wrongs of its predecessor, but still has a few issues. While the original version of the tablet introduced the S Pen and more to Samsung’s slate arsenal, we found it lacked in design and bu...
Consumer research has been openly acknowledged by Lenovo as being the driving factor behind the design of its Yoga 8 Android tablet. The company’s users wanted something easy to hold, and also something that could stand on its own for display purpose...
Toshiba's little 8in Encore tablet is perhaps the best alternative there is to an iPad or Android device -- especially if you've never really used a tablet before and if you're coming from a Windows background. It's a is a standard Windows 8.1 comput...
The Kobo Arc 10HD is a solid tablet but it's fairly expensive to be bought purely as a reading device and the heavy build and limited storage capacity are downsides.
Amazon's 8.9" Kindle Fire HDX boasts a stunningly thin and light design and has an excellent screen, but the lack of access to Google's Play Store means there's a heavy reliance on Amazon's limited apps.
If you've ever seen the inside of a police car, you may have noticed a thick-looking notebook or tablet device mounted near the central console (don't go getting yourself arrested if you haven't). Most of the time, that device is a Panasonic Tough pr...
As far as confusing products go, the ASUS Transformer Book Trio gets high marks. It's an 11.6in device with multiple identities that tries to cover off tablet, notebook, and even desktop PC or media centre needs. We know that ASUS loves to innovate, ...
Samsung's new Galaxy Tab 3 Kids is a colourful, well designed tablet. It's a little expensive and is best utilised with an additional cost accessory, but its kids user mode is a concept that hits the mark and will surely appeal to many parents.
This iPad Air cover works as a desktop keyboard, stand, and magnetic screen protector. It's a great option for iPad users that like to keep their device as 'unskinned' as possible, or want a rapidly-removable keyboard for occasional use.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Hisense Series 7 ULED 4K UHD TV review
- 2 Samsung Galaxy Note 7 review
- 3 Portable power: Venom Blackbook 13 Zero review
- 4 Alcatel Idol 4S review: King of the mid-range?
- 5 Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge Review
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Slump continues as tablet markets records worst quarter since 2012
- Acer puts liquid cooling in its Switch Alpha 12 tablet
- Intel's tablet adventure looking more like its netbook disaster
- Display expert: The 9.7-inch iPad Pro's color accuracy is “visually indistinguishable from perfect”
- 9.7-inch iPad Pro teardown reveals iPhone 6s Plus camera and 2GB of RAM
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- CCLAN ConsultantWA
- FTNetApp Storage ConsultantWA
- FTAndroid DeveloperNSW
- CCDigital Solutions ManagerNSW
- CCSenior .NET DeveloperVIC
- FTTechnical Business Analyst | Marketing ServicesNSW
- CCContract Web Developer (160915/WD/vmp)Asia
- CCNetwork and Security EngineerNSW
- CCSolutions ArchitectACT
- CCFull Stack Application Developer - IoT projectsVIC
- CCSenior Business Analyst -Change and SAP ProcurementNSW
- FTDesktop/Application SupportVIC
- CCJava / J2ee ProgrammersACT
- CCSenior Infrastrcture Project ManagerACT
- FTTeam Leader Full Stack, Python, FinanceNSW
- CCSenior Change ManagerVIC
- CCBusiness Analyst with change management experienceACT
- CCContract Junior Programmer (J2EE/SQL) 160927/JP/551Asia
- FTSenior Front End DeveloperNSW
- CCiOS DeveloperNSW
- FTTest Manager (HP Quality Centre / ARIBA)NSW
- FTSenior Project Manager | TelecommunicationVIC
- CCVideo Conference Support Officer- VoIP, LAN, WAN, RemedyNSW
- FTJava DeveloperNSW
- FTLinux Systems AdministratorNZ