The e-book market is only getting bigger, with more and more readers choosing to buy their books digitally every year. Amazon is the company to beat, with the one-two punch of a massive online repository and some of the best e-readers available. Kobo...
Tablets & eBook readers
If you're worried about dropping your iPad mini, you may want to invest in a heavy-duty, shock-absorbing case such as Cygnett's $40 Workmate. This hard shell case is made of two different materials--a harder, impact-resistant plastic, and a softer, s...
HP's ElitePad 900 is a Windows 8-based tablet that's aimed primarily at business customers. It's a small device that's very light and easy to handle, and if looks count, then it's quite stylish, too. But it lacks built-in ports, and its Intel Atom CP...
Acer's Iconia W700 is the type of tablet you should buy if you're concerned about performance. It's an 11.6-inch tablet with a Core i5 CPU on the inside, and it performs very well as a device for viewing video and browsing media-rich Web pages. Add a...
Dell's Latitude 10 is a Windows 8-based tablet that is aimed at business users who need touchscreen functionality within a Windows environment. It's not a very powerful tablet, but it's useful for running non-CPU-intensive apps and it should benefit ...
Moshi’s $30 Origo is a silicone soft-shell case for the iPad that features a honeycomb design on the inside designed for maximum shock absorption with minimal weight.
It’s no secret that we’ve been keenly waiting for the Surface Pro since it was first announced in June 2012. We know that it's coming to Australia, but we just don’t know exactly when. With that in mind, we’ve got hold of a 64GB version of the Surfac...
The Kogan Agora Mini 8 is one of the cheapest Android tablets on the market. It offers reasonably good performance and runs most apps without issues but its poor quality screen and case design detracts from its overall appeal.
Taiwanese consumer electronics manufacturer ASUS has never been short of a wacky idea. Its latest device challenges the definition of a tablet by morphing smartphone calling capabilities into a traditional slate form factor. The ASUS Fonepad is a 7in...
The ASUS MeMO Pad is a low-cost, 7in Android tablet that will sell for $50 less than the Nexus 7 when it launches Down Under in "early March".
HP is back in the tablet game. Now an official Android partner, the company has just debuted the HP Slate 7, a 7in Android tablet targeted squarely at consumers.
Samsung's latest Android tablet boasts an 8in screen, includes a Wacom-powered stylus called the 'S Pen' and can even make regular voice calls just like a smartphone.
Samsung's Ativ Smart PC 500T (XE500T1C-A01AU) is an 11.6in, Windows 8-based hybrid laptop that's similar in form and function to the ASUS VivoTab 810 and HP Envy X2 hybrid models we've already reviewed. It's an Intel Atom-based tablet that can be eas...
The ongoing launch period of Windows 8 has brought about a renaissance in small form factor computing. Over the last few months, we’ve seen Windows 8 and Windows RT tablets in a variety of innovative designs, most notably the keyboard-dockable-tablet...
It may not run a fast Core i5-based processor, but the ASUS VivoTab 810 and its Intel Atom CPU is a great choice for anyone who wants a lightweight Windows 8-based tablet with long battery life. It's an 11.6in model that can be used for basic Web bro...
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Samsung Galaxy Note 7 review
- 2 Portable power: Venom Blackbook 13 Zero review
- 3 Alcatel Idol 4S review: King of the mid-range?
- 4 Witness a 241% Australian price hike: Dell Latitude 7370 review
- 5 Is this the best value phone on the market? Moto G4 Plus review
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Slump continues as tablet markets records worst quarter since 2012
- Acer puts liquid cooling in its Switch Alpha 12 tablet
- Intel's tablet adventure looking more like its netbook disaster
- Display expert: The 9.7-inch iPad Pro's color accuracy is “visually indistinguishable from perfect”
- 9.7-inch iPad Pro teardown reveals iPhone 6s Plus camera and 2GB of RAM
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- CCContract Systems Analyst (Infrastructure/JAVA) 160901/SA/486Asia
- CCSolution Architect, Funds Management, Part time roleNSW
- CCCustomer Service RepresentativeQLD
- CCData Centre Solutions Architect - Red Hat, Wintel & VMware - CanberraACT
- CCSAP Program Manager - CBDNSW
- FTApplication AdministratorACT
- CCData Centre Solutions Architect - Red Hat, Wintel & VMwareACT
- CCETL DeveloperACT
- FTClient Engagement ManagerVIC
- FTPrincipal Business Consultant- Wealth ManagementNSW
- FTAutomation Tester- C#, Selenium | Cloud Based Finance SolutionsNSW
- FTJava DeveloperNSW
- CCSenior Technical Specialist - Active DirectoryVIC
- FTData AnalystsWA
- CCMurex Developers x 2NSW
- CCDevOps Engineer - Php, LAMP, XML, scripting, JavaNSW
- CCAsset Transfer Specialist | TelecommunicationVIC
- CCInfrastructure Project Manager (12-month renewable contract)Asia
- CCChange AnalystNSW
- CCFunctional & System Integration Test AnalystACT
- FTOperations ManagerNSW
- CCProject Manager - Expense Management SystemVIC
- FTCyber Security Sales Executive / Account DirectorNSW
- FTNational ICT Senior Technical Support EngineerACT
- CCProgram CoordinatorVIC