The Lenovo ThinkPad Helix is one of the best examples of a Windows 8 tablet that can also be used capably as a Windows 8 laptop. The tablet is excellent in its own right, but when you add the keyboard dock, the Helix feels close to being a regular la...
Tablets & eBook readers - Reviews
The Samsung Galaxy Note 8.0 boasts an 8in screen and includes a Wacom-powered 'S Pen' stylus which can be genuinely useful. However, its expensive price tag and a design that's starting to show its age are letdowns.
The e-book market is only getting bigger, with more and more readers choosing to buy their books digitally every year. Amazon is the company to beat, with the one-two punch of a massive online repository and some of the best e-readers available. Kobo...
If you're worried about dropping your iPad mini, you may want to invest in a heavy-duty, shock-absorbing case such as Cygnett's $40 Workmate. This hard shell case is made of two different materials--a harder, impact-resistant plastic, and a softer, s...
HP's ElitePad 900 is a Windows 8-based tablet that's aimed primarily at business customers. It's a small device that's very light and easy to handle, and if looks count, then it's quite stylish, too. But it lacks built-in ports, and its Intel Atom CP...
Acer's Iconia W700 is the type of tablet you should buy if you're concerned about performance. It's an 11.6-inch tablet with a Core i5 CPU on the inside, and it performs very well as a device for viewing video and browsing media-rich Web pages. Add a...
Dell's Latitude 10 is a Windows 8-based tablet that is aimed at business users who need touchscreen functionality within a Windows environment. It's not a very powerful tablet, but it's useful for running non-CPU-intensive apps and it should benefit ...
Moshi’s $30 Origo is a silicone soft-shell case for the iPad that features a honeycomb design on the inside designed for maximum shock absorption with minimal weight.
It’s no secret that we’ve been keenly waiting for the Surface Pro since it was first announced in June 2012. We know that it's coming to Australia, but we just don’t know exactly when. With that in mind, we’ve got hold of a 64GB version of the Surfac...
The Kogan Agora Mini 8 is one of the cheapest Android tablets on the market. It offers reasonably good performance and runs most apps without issues but its poor quality screen and case design detracts from its overall appeal.
Taiwanese consumer electronics manufacturer ASUS has never been short of a wacky idea. Its latest device challenges the definition of a tablet by morphing smartphone calling capabilities into a traditional slate form factor. The ASUS Fonepad is a 7in...
The ASUS MeMO Pad is a low-cost, 7in Android tablet that will sell for $50 less than the Nexus 7 when it launches Down Under in "early March".
HP is back in the tablet game. Now an official Android partner, the company has just debuted the HP Slate 7, a 7in Android tablet targeted squarely at consumers.
Samsung's latest Android tablet boasts an 8in screen, includes a Wacom-powered stylus called the 'S Pen' and can even make regular voice calls just like a smartphone.
Samsung's Ativ Smart PC 500T (XE500T1C-A01AU) is an 11.6in, Windows 8-based hybrid laptop that's similar in form and function to the ASUS VivoTab 810 and HP Envy X2 hybrid models we've already reviewed. It's an Intel Atom-based tablet that can be eas...
Microsoft L5V-00027 Sculpt Ergonomic Keyboard Desktop
Lexar® JumpDrive® S57 USB 3.0 flash drive
Everki ContemPRO Roll Top Laptop Backpack
Epson EcoTank Expression ET-2500
UE Boom 2 Bluetooth speaker
Linksys AC5400 MU-MIMO Gigabit router
Samsung portable 1TB T3 drive
Smart LED Bulb LB130
Belkin MIXIT Metallic Lightning to USB Cable
Logitech G403 Prodigy mouse
Huawei Mate 9
Google Daydream VR headset
Acer Swift 7
Lexar® JumpDrive® S45 USB 3.0 flash drive
Lexar® Portable SSD
3SIXT Ultra HD Sports Action Camera
Blade 28 backpack by Arc’teryx
HP Pavilion x360 13”
Garmin Fenix Chronos smartwatch
HD Pan/Tilt Wi-Fi Camera with Night Vision NC450
Audio-Technica ATH-ANC70 Noise Cancelling Headphones
Dell XPS 13 laptop
Lexar® Professional 1800x microSDHC™/microSDXC™ UHS-II cards
Surface Pro 4
Lexar® JumpDrive® C20c USB Type-C flash drive
Dell Inspiron 5000 series 2-in-1
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Huawei Mate 9 full in-depth smartphone review
- 2 ZTE Axon 7 review: Is ZTE dumping old stock on Australia?
- 3 Oppo R9s smartphone full review
- 4 Finally! LG OLED TV 2016 range review
- 5 Huawei Nova Plus smartphone review
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Cisco's Spark Board looks like an iPad -- and acts like one
- Lenovo's ThinkPad X1 Tablet modules add features but limit functionality
- Slump continues as tablet markets records worst quarter since 2012
- Acer puts liquid cooling in its Switch Alpha 12 tablet
- Intel's tablet adventure looking more like its netbook disaster
PCW Evaluation Team
I’d happily recommend this touchscreen laptop and Windows 10 as a great way to get serious work done at a desk or on the road.
Ultimately, I think the Windows 10 environment is excellent for me as it caters for so many different uses. The inclusion of the Xbox app is also great for when you need some downtime too!
For me, the Xbox Play Anywhere is a great new feature as it allows you to play your current Xbox games with higher resolutions and better graphics without forking out extra cash for another copy. Although available titles are still scarce, but I’m sure it will grow in time.
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
- How to quit Pokemon Go (or to start enjoying it again)
- Huawei Mate 9 full in-depth smartphone review
- Time to ditch Foxtel and the iQ3: How to replace Foxtel packages with cheaper alternatives
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- TPProject Support OfficerQLD
- TPSenior Business Project ManagerNSW
- CCUser ResearcherNSW
- FTData AnalystQLD
- FTSenior Java EngineerACT
- TPTechnical Support Resource-Skype for BusinessVIC
- TPDrupal Developer - Immediate startQLD
- FTTechnical Consultant - SQL Server programming skillsACT
- FTSenior Software Engineer - JavaQLD
- FTDatabase DeveloperACT
- FTSenior C++ EngineerACT
- FTDynamics AX Functional Consultant (Manufacturing and Trade & Logistics Modules)NSW
- FTSenior Dot Net Backend Orientated DeveloperNSW
- FTMicrosoft Dynamics AX Technical ArchitectACT
- CCProject Manager - Security/Cyber SecurityVIC
- CCSenior Infrastructure EngineerNSW
- FTMicrosoft Dynamics AX Finance ConsultantWA
- CCScrum MasterQLD
- TPScrum MasterVIC
- FTLife/400 Resource - PermanentNSW
- CCLevel 2 IT Service DeskQLD
- FTSenior .Net Developer with Silverlight proficiencyVIC
- CCProject ManagerSA
- FT.Net DeveloperVIC
- FTDynamics AX Functional Consultant (Sales & Marketing Modules)VIC