The Lenovo ThinkPad Helix is one of the best examples of a Windows 8 tablet that can also be used capably as a Windows 8 laptop. The tablet is excellent in its own right, but when you add the keyboard dock, the Helix feels close to being a regular la...
Tablets & eBook readers - Reviews
The Samsung Galaxy Note 8.0 boasts an 8in screen and includes a Wacom-powered 'S Pen' stylus which can be genuinely useful. However, its expensive price tag and a design that's starting to show its age are letdowns.
The e-book market is only getting bigger, with more and more readers choosing to buy their books digitally every year. Amazon is the company to beat, with the one-two punch of a massive online repository and some of the best e-readers available. Kobo...
If you're worried about dropping your iPad mini, you may want to invest in a heavy-duty, shock-absorbing case such as Cygnett's $40 Workmate. This hard shell case is made of two different materials--a harder, impact-resistant plastic, and a softer, s...
HP's ElitePad 900 is a Windows 8-based tablet that's aimed primarily at business customers. It's a small device that's very light and easy to handle, and if looks count, then it's quite stylish, too. But it lacks built-in ports, and its Intel Atom CP...
Acer's Iconia W700 is the type of tablet you should buy if you're concerned about performance. It's an 11.6-inch tablet with a Core i5 CPU on the inside, and it performs very well as a device for viewing video and browsing media-rich Web pages. Add a...
Dell's Latitude 10 is a Windows 8-based tablet that is aimed at business users who need touchscreen functionality within a Windows environment. It's not a very powerful tablet, but it's useful for running non-CPU-intensive apps and it should benefit ...
Moshi’s $30 Origo is a silicone soft-shell case for the iPad that features a honeycomb design on the inside designed for maximum shock absorption with minimal weight.
It’s no secret that we’ve been keenly waiting for the Surface Pro since it was first announced in June 2012. We know that it's coming to Australia, but we just don’t know exactly when. With that in mind, we’ve got hold of a 64GB version of the Surfac...
The Kogan Agora Mini 8 is one of the cheapest Android tablets on the market. It offers reasonably good performance and runs most apps without issues but its poor quality screen and case design detracts from its overall appeal.
Taiwanese consumer electronics manufacturer ASUS has never been short of a wacky idea. Its latest device challenges the definition of a tablet by morphing smartphone calling capabilities into a traditional slate form factor. The ASUS Fonepad is a 7in...
The ASUS MeMO Pad is a low-cost, 7in Android tablet that will sell for $50 less than the Nexus 7 when it launches Down Under in "early March".
HP is back in the tablet game. Now an official Android partner, the company has just debuted the HP Slate 7, a 7in Android tablet targeted squarely at consumers.
Samsung's latest Android tablet boasts an 8in screen, includes a Wacom-powered stylus called the 'S Pen' and can even make regular voice calls just like a smartphone.
Samsung's Ativ Smart PC 500T (XE500T1C-A01AU) is an 11.6in, Windows 8-based hybrid laptop that's similar in form and function to the ASUS VivoTab 810 and HP Envy X2 hybrid models we've already reviewed. It's an Intel Atom-based tablet that can be eas...
Gadgets & Things
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Finally! LG OLED TV 2016 range review
- 2 Huawei Nova Plus smartphone review
- 3 Apple iPhone 7 Plus review: including Portrait Mode
- 4 Google Daydream View VR full, in-depth review
- 5 Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: Phones just got smarter
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Lenovo's ThinkPad X1 Tablet modules add features but limit functionality
- Slump continues as tablet markets records worst quarter since 2012
- Acer puts liquid cooling in its Switch Alpha 12 tablet
- Intel's tablet adventure looking more like its netbook disaster
- Display expert: The 9.7-inch iPad Pro's color accuracy is “visually indistinguishable from perfect”
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- Time to ditch Foxtel and the iQ3: How to replace Foxtel packages with cheaper alternatives
- The top 10 best and worst tech gadgets and products of 2016
- TV of the year award 2016
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- FTBrand Marketing Manager - Premium Entertainment BrandNSW
- TPDigital Business Analyst | AgileQLD
- CCNetwork Architect / Lead Network EngineerACT
- TPAndroid DeveloperSA
- FTLevel 2 Service DeskNSW
- CCBusiness Analyst Finance & Lending - Brisbane Based RoleNSW
- FTLevel 3 EngineerNSW
- FTBusiness Development Manager - Queensland TerritoryQLD
- FTSAP BW ConsultantACT
- CCNetwork Security Specialist - Palo Alto Firewall ExpertVIC
- TPProject Manager - EnterpriseACT
- TPDigital Business AnalystNSW
- CCProject Coordinator - TelcoVIC
- CCChange Manager l Port Macquarie NSWNSW
- FTSystems Engineer l Citrix NetScalerNSW
- CCProject/ Operational CoordinatorNSW
- FTManager Integration PlanningNSW
- CCBiztalk DeveloperVIC
- CCDevOps Lead - Agile/AWSVIC
- FTBI Report DeveloperQLD
- TPOrganisational Change Manager | CommunitiesQLD
- FTSnr SOC Security Coordinator - Perm - North Ryde areaNSW
- FTEnterprise Account ManagerACT
- FTSenior Learning Specialist - Global OrganisationQLD
- FTLevel 3 EngineerNSW