The ongoing launch period of Windows 8 has brought about a renaissance in small form factor computing. Over the last few months, we’ve seen Windows 8 and Windows RT tablets in a variety of innovative designs, most notably the keyboard-dockable-tablet...
Tablets & eBook readers - Reviews
It may not run a fast Core i5-based processor, but the ASUS VivoTab 810 and its Intel Atom CPU is a great choice for anyone who wants a lightweight Windows 8-based tablet with long battery life. It's an 11.6in model that can be used for basic Web bro...
Kensington's KeyFolio Expert for iPad provides reasonable protection and features a stand that can prop up your iPad at various angles. However, small keys hinder the overall typing experience.
Samsung's Ativ Smart PC Pro 700T (XE700T1C-A02AU) is a Windows 8-based tablet that ships with a keyboard dock. It can be used either as a stand-alone tablet, or as a notebook if you need to do lots of typing.
The 10.1in Xperia Tablet Z has a 1920x1200 display and is just 6.9mm thick, making it thinner than the Apple iPad mini.
The Kobo Arc is an Android tablet with a 7-inch, 1280x800pixel IPS LCD screen, coming from e-book and e-reader e-retailer Kobo. It’s a huge upgrade from the mediocre Vox tablet, with much more up-to-date hardware, software, and a well-implemented mul...
The Samsung-manufactured Nexus 10 is a thin and lightweight device with an exceptional screen and a competitive price. It's only let down by a lack of expandable memory and the fact there's not enough third-party apps optimised for the larger screen ...
The unimaginatively-titled Telstra 4G Tablet is a 4G Android tablet that claims to be Australia's cheapest. It's a solid product that provides reasonable value for money and is only really let down by a less than average display and awful quality cam...
While the idea of the detachable keyboard dock remains innovative, the ASUS Vivo Tab RT has build quality issues, a cramped physical keyboard and the Windows RT platform is limited and often frustrating.
Microsoft has created a wonderful tablet in the Surface RT. It feels well made, it's light, it's highly usable and it contains things that many tablet users have considered to be essential elements for a great overall user experience, such as a built...
Apple's new 4th Generation iPad is an iterative upgrade that should only interest those who don't already own a 3rd Generation model.
The iPad mini's exceptional iOS app catalogue, outstanding build quality and super light weight are only let down by an expensive price tag and a screen that can't match Apple's stellar retina displays.
Kobo’s Glo is the company’s first e-reader with integrated ComfortLight front-lighting, letting you use the screen in the dark without a bulky external LED lamp. It’s a very refined and exceedingly simple device, coming as close to a seamless book-bu...
Google has unveiled its first 10in Nexus tablet, simply called the Nexus 10. Manufactured by Samsung, the key feature of the Nexus 10 is an impressive PLS screen with a resolution of 2560x1600.
The creatively-titled Telstra 4G Tablet is exactly that, a 4G Android tablet that claims to be Australia's cheapest 4G tablet.
Gadgets & Things
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Finally! LG OLED TV 2016 range review
- 2 Huawei Nova Plus smartphone review
- 3 Apple iPhone 7 Plus review: including Portrait Mode
- 4 Google Daydream View VR full, in-depth review
- 5 Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: Phones just got smarter
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Lenovo's ThinkPad X1 Tablet modules add features but limit functionality
- Slump continues as tablet markets records worst quarter since 2012
- Acer puts liquid cooling in its Switch Alpha 12 tablet
- Intel's tablet adventure looking more like its netbook disaster
- Display expert: The 9.7-inch iPad Pro's color accuracy is “visually indistinguishable from perfect”
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- Time to ditch Foxtel and the iQ3: How to replace Foxtel packages with cheaper alternatives
- The top 10 best and worst tech gadgets and products of 2016
- TV of the year award 2016
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- FTBrand Marketing Manager - Premium Entertainment BrandNSW
- FTCheckpoint Firewall and VPNNSW
- TPProjects Planning ManagerQLD
- CCDigital Business Analyst l SalesforceNSW
- FTChange ManagerACT
- FTSolutions Architect - Data Centre/ NetworkACT
- FTLevel 2 Service DeskNSW
- FTBI Tech Lead l SQL/RDMS/ DB2/ ETL/ UML/ XML/ Big Data technologiesNSW
- FTSolutions Architect - Data Centre/ NetworkQLD
- FTBI Tech Lead l Informatica ETL , Microstrategy, Big Data TechnologiesNSW
- TPSystem AdministratorQLD
- FTInformation / Data Quality AnalystNSW
- CCNetwork Security Specialist - Palo Alto Firewall ExpertVIC
- CCDigital Business Analyst - Apps DevelopmentNSW
- CCSenior Murex DeveloperVIC
- TPSenior Business AnalystQLD
- TPSenior Test Analyst - DETEQLD
- CCReporting AnalystVIC
- CCProject SchedulerQLD
- FTLife/400 Developers / Programmers - Permanent - North Ryde areaNSW
- FTSalesforce Technical Business AnalystQLD
- CCJunior Business AnalystNSW
- FTSecurity Solutions Architect - Consultancy - Permanent - Sydney CBDNSW
- TPTest AnalystQLD
- FTSalesforce Technical Business Analyst (Brisbane based)NSW