Apple's iPad mini went on sale across Australia this morning. We were at the flagship Sydney store to capture the first sales.
Tablets & eBook readers - Slideshows
The Samsung-designed device is the first in the Nexus line to directly challenge the iPad.
Microsoft's Metro environment in Windows 8 and Windows RT takes the iPad approach to apps, but is it better?
Is this tablet the iPad killer?
Microsoft today launched Windows 8 in Australia, showcasing the new operating system's interface, apps and social features to a room full of journalists at Sydney's Hordern Pavilion.
The best 7-inch tablets available today, including tablets from ASUS, Samsung, Lenovo and HTC. And all 7 of these 7-inchers cost less than Apple's brand new iPad mini tablet.
The small iPad is just what the official name – indeed called iPad mini – suggests. It’s recognizably the iconic iPad tablet, only it’s smaller. Here's a closer look at what you get.
Microsoft's Windows 8 launch on October 26 is nearly here, and new device announcements are coming so fast you need a scorecard to keep up. One of the big themes with this touch-centric Windows release is touchscreens on everything including Ultrabooks, tablets with keyboard docks, or new all-in-one convertible PCs. Some critics aren't buying the hybrid device craze that Windows 8 is inspiring, but if you ever wanted to a touch-enabled laptop, there's never been a better time to buy.
A broad screen, and that keyboard is like something you've never seen
Intel's hardware partners recently showed off their mid-range Windows 8 hybrid devices at a Clover Trail coming-out party. Now we reveal the hardware in all its photographic splendor.
Designers and others take their best guesses at what Apple might have up its sleeve with smaller iPad tablet
At a Clover Trail coming-out party, Intel showed off its mid-range Windows 8 hybrid devices. Here's a look at the features of some of the new Clover Trail devices that make them a winning choice for your next travel PC.
Be sure to have these apps to get the most office productivity possible from your iPad
If staying organized is difficult at your desk, it's nearly impossible when you're traveling. These 10 apps will help you manage your to-do list, keep tabs on the office and find your way to that lunch meeting.
Whether you plan to buy the rumored Apple iPad Mini, a Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1, the Google Nexus 7 or another top-of-the-line tablet, these 10 accessories will most certainly improve your experience.
Gadgets & Things
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Finally! LG OLED TV 2016 range review
- 2 Google Daydream View VR full, in-depth review
- 3 Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: Phones just got smarter
- 4 Apple iPhone 7 Plus review: including Portrait Mode
- 5 MSI GS70 laptop review
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Lenovo's ThinkPad X1 Tablet modules add features but limit functionality
- Slump continues as tablet markets records worst quarter since 2012
- Acer puts liquid cooling in its Switch Alpha 12 tablet
- Intel's tablet adventure looking more like its netbook disaster
- Display expert: The 9.7-inch iPad Pro's color accuracy is “visually indistinguishable from perfect”
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- TV of the year award 2016
- Best phone of the year 2016
- Google Daydream View VR full, in-depth review
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- PTService Management Analyst (Part-Time)SA
- FTSenior Software EngineerWA
- TPOffice 365 Technical ConsultantQLD
- FTSenior UX DesignerVIC
- CCProject ManagerWA
- CCBusiness AnalystNSW
- CCPerformance TesterVIC
- CCTechnical Business AnalystNSW
- CCInfrastructure Security SpecialistNSW
- CCFacilities Coordinator - Multiple RolesVIC
- FTDelivery LeadNSW
- FTSolutions Architect - Data Centre/ NetworkQLD
- CCSenior Network ConsultantVIC
- CCPerformance Test AnalystVIC
- CCJunior Data Centre Support Technician - Sydney CBDNSW
- TPSenior Business Analyst - HRISQLD
- CCNetwork Support EngineerNSW
- FTPMO Coordinator - Permanent Opportunity!NSW
- CCTechnical Security LeadNSW
- FTMarketing Automation DeveloperVIC
- CCTest Lead : Perth BasedSA
- FTPMO Lead/ ManagerNSW
- CCConsumer Social Specialist (Digital)VIC
- FTDevOps/L2 Support EngineerVIC
- FTSoftware Developer - .NETNSW