Although the new OS for the iPad and iPhone is largely a collection of refinements, users will still want it
Tablets & eBook readers
For the first time ever, Microsoft is designing, manufacturing and selling a computer - the ARM-based tablet called Surface. Here's what we know about the Surface tablet.
Best browsers for Android tablets
Amazon has made a splash with its introduction of several upgrades to its existing tablet lineup, and threw down the gauntlet to the rest of the tablet world with its brand-new Kindle Fire HDs
When Windows 8 finally comes out in October, there will be many new types of notebooks on the market that will be able to take advantage of the new operating system's touch features. There will be plenty of notebook styles to choose from, and we're starting to get a glimpse of what some of the manufacturers will be offering.
Samsung has taken the wraps off its premier Sydney 'experience store', only a block from the glass-fronted Apple store on George Street.
We unbox the Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 Android tablet
You have a shiny new Google Nexus 7 Android tablet. Now it's time to make it your own with some valuable mobile applications. We share our favourite Nexus 7 tablet apps for entertainment, social networking, remote-PC access, instant messaging, sports, gaming and more. Best of all: They're all free.
The Google tablet's advantages in flexibility, usability, and form factor might make you ditch your iPad
We unbox Google's Nexus 7 Android tablet.
With demand for Apple products seemingly at an all-time high in Australia, the company behind the wildly popular iPhone, iPad and MacBook products unveiled another dedicated Apple Story in Sydney's Broadway district.
First images of the brand-new Google tablet
Google’s rumoured upcoming release of a low-cost Nexus tablet has sparked rampant speculation.
Android 4.0 (Ice Cream Sandwich) is the latest version to show up on smartphones and tablets
A broad screen, and that keyboard is like something you've never seen
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 2 D-Link Taipan AC3200 Ultra tri-band modem-router review
- 3 Dell XPS 13 (2016) review: Making the very best Ultrabook
- 4 Microsoft Surface Book review: The verdict on Microsoft's first notebook
- 5 Telstra Wi-Fi 4GX Advanced III review: Testing the world's first 600Mbps wireless hotspot
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- Slump continues as tablet markets records worst quarter since 2012
- Acer puts liquid cooling in its Switch Alpha 12 tablet
- Intel's tablet adventure looking more like its netbook disaster
- Display expert: The 9.7-inch iPad Pro's color accuracy is “visually indistinguishable from perfect”
- 9.7-inch iPad Pro teardown reveals iPhone 6s Plus camera and 2GB of RAM
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- CCNetwork Access Specialist - Telecommunications (Apply now)!!NSW
- FTWeb & Mobile Solutions DeveloperNSW
- CCTransition Manager / Project ManagerQLD
- FTNetwork SpecialistVIC
- CCProject Manager NetworksNSW
- CCChange manager/Change LeadNSW
- FTAzure ConsultantQLD
- CCSoftware Licensing AnalystVIC
- FTSenior .NET DeveloperWA
- CCTechnology Team Lead / Senior Developer - JavaNSW
- CCSr. Net DeveloperVIC
- CCSenior Programmer (Data Engineering)NSW
- CCContract Systems Analyst (Linux/Orcale/MySQL) 160531/SA/253Asia
- CCSenior Business AnalystVIC
- FTDynamics Project ManagerNSW
- FTSenior Developer - .Net, MVC, C#NSW
- FTNetwork Engineer | Routing & switching | Design, implementation, L3 supportNSW
- CCFront end and Full Stack DevelopersNSW
- CCDigital Business Analyst (iOS & Android / Web Projects)NSW
- FTMid-Level Full-Stack Java DeveloperVIC
- CCDelivery Manager - Integration SpaceVIC
- CCTechnical Specialist - IP Network Design - Juniper MXNSW
- CCSenior Business Analyst, Marketing SystemsNSW
- CCSystems Engineer - Wintel, VMWare and CitrixNSW
- CCSenior Systems AnalystSA