Great deals whether you're back at work or getting ready for school
TVs - Features
It appears Android-equipped devices are enjoying a coming-out party at this week's Consumer Electronics Show in Las Vegas. Major hardware manufacturers, including Dell, HTC, MIPS Technologies, and Motorola, have announced plans to launch consumer pro...
Flash forward to about a year from now, if you will. Envision yourself walking into a consumer electronics store toward the end of 2010. What kinds of HDTV products and features is your retail salesperson likely to tout?
There's little doubt that James Cameron's much-hyped Avatar will be a hit during its theater run, but what impact will the sci-fi epic have on 3D entertainment in the home?
Need last minute gift ideas? Check out this week's tech bargains!
LED televisions grew to maturity during 2009, with both back-lit and edge-lit units providing good incentives for buyers to stick with them instead of plasma. LED televisions provided significantly superior picture quality over regular LCD, and sets ...
There have been some interesting changes in the plasma television market in 2009 — most significantly the shock departure of Pioneer, previously the undisputed leader in terms of picture quality. Panasonic stepped up to fill some very large sho...
Both manufacturers and vendors of televisions can agree on one thing: if you're in the market, now is the right time to buy an LCD or plasma television. It won't last forever, either — despite the combination of the high Australian dollar, stro...
In my quest to replace cable television with Internet video, Clicker's TV Guide approach to what's on the Web seemed like a great idea, until I realized how awful the Web site looks from 10 feet away on an actual TV.
Google's ever-expanding presence could mean trouble for Hulu and iTunes, as YouTube may one day let you buy streaming TV shows the day after they air. If a report by All Things D's Peter Kafka is correct, Apple and Hulu should worry because Google is...
The holiday season is upon us, and now more than ever that means shopping on the Internet.
A robotic forklift picks up a sheet of glass thinner than a credit card and as big as two table-tennis tables, and effortlessly swings it 90 degrees before gently placing it into an oven where it will bake at 200 degrees Celsius. It's a graceful and ...
Grab a Macbook Pro bargain at the Apple store, plus other great deals on a Panasonic LUMIX camera, a Sony camcorder and more!
Pick up an excellent Android smartphone, fast mobile broadband or a ridiculously cheap Sony LCD TV.
LCD, LED and plasma television prices are at the lowest they have been this year. In addition to huge price cuts, big-name manufacturers, including Sharp, Panasonic, Sony and LG, are offering free gifts for anyone buying a TV before Christmas -- with...
Gadgets & Things
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Finally! LG OLED TV 2016 range review
- 2 Google Daydream View VR full, in-depth review
- 3 Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: Phones just got smarter
- 4 Apple iPhone 7 Plus review: including Portrait Mode
- 5 MSI GS70 laptop review
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Say goodbye to Apple's third-generation Apple TV
- Japan gears up for 8K TV broadcasting
- NHK's latest 8K display is large, thin and beautiful
- Japan starts 8K TV broadcasts in time for Rio Olympics
- Android TV's universal search feature finally works with Netflix
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- The top 10 best and worst tech gadgets and products of 2016
- TV of the year award 2016
- Best phone of the year 2016
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- CCSenior Software Engineer Developer | 6mthsVIC
- FTService Desk AnalystNSW
- FTLicensing SpecialistVIC
- CCJDE ERP Technical ConsultantVIC
- CCApplication Specialist (Cerner)QLD
- FTEnterprise Architect - Information ManagementVIC
- CCSenior Automation TesterVIC
- CCProject Manager - Web & Portal Delivery- Government backgroundNSW
- CCSenior Test EngineerACT
- FTService Lifecycle Management LeadVIC
- CCChange ManagerNSW
- TPiOS DeveloperNSW
- CCProject Manager (Network Roll-Out)NSW
- CCSecurity/Server EngineerNSW
- CCSenior Back-end Developer/Database DesignerNSW
- FTEnterprise ArchitectACT
- FTInfrastructure ConsultantQLD
- CCSenior Software Engineer/ArchitectVIC
- CCServicing Financial Planner - CBDNSW
- FTUI DeveloperVIC
- CCProject Manager- Office 365 and Core Azure servicesNSW
- FTBusiness Development Manager | Digital MarketNSW
- FTProject ManagerOther
- CCNetwork Solution Designer/Architect - Finance - Contract - SydneyNSW
- CCSenior Software Engineer/ DeveloperSA