Few tech categories have managed to innovate over the past 10+ years like TVs. Perhaps there was a slight lull in 2015 but otherwise every new year brings a big advance in TV technology.
Panasonic's latest 4K UHD smart TV is the best overall TV we've tested so far. But it's not by much and it's very expensive indeed!
Good Gear Guide Editor talks to Matt Summerill on 2UE's Smart Shopper radio show
We’ve tested most of the TVs on the market recently and were keen to see how an “affordable” Home Theatre projector compared in day to day usage. Would it really be a viable TV-alternative for an Aussie home? Or does it only operate optimally in a cinema environment?
Samsung chops its 2016 TV range into affordable and expensive product lines which come with, sometimes-haphazard, price increases. At the top are the 8000 and 9000 series models.
Samsung chops its 2016 range into affordable to expensive models which come with, sometimes-haphazard, price increases. So what do you get and is it worth paying for?
The ULED Series 7 TVs come in the following sizes (all flat): 50in ($1,499), 55in ($1,999), 65in (3,499), 70in ($3,999), 75in ($4,999).
Sony’s new 4K TVs have launched and pose a threat to LG’s OLED technology with their High Dynamic Range (HDR) technology and relatively-low price.
Flat screen: 55-inches Curved screen: 65-inches
Over the past few months we’ve reviewed most of the best TVs on the market. Here we summarize which you should buy next and why. All of these are 4K Ultra High Definition TVs which support High Dynamic Range (unless otherwise stated). They will last you for years. All prices listed are for the 55-inch variants for the sake of comparison and also because it represents both a “sweet spot” price point and size for what TV you should buy.
While the price of some premium 4K TVs is falling rapidly, there are some ‘less premium’ models hitting the market that are dramatically cheaper. And they’re pretty good too. TCL’s $1799, 55-inch C155US is one of them and, coming in at less-than-half of the price of the latest Sony flagship equivalent we wondered, is it really worth paying more?
Sharp has approved an offer from Hon Hai Precision Industry and related companies to acquire over 66 per cent of the company’s voting stock, making the Taiwanese contract manufacturer the new parent of the venerable Japanese firm.
Samsung has developed a big-screen OLED screen that's transparent, and plans to put it on show at this week's IFA consumer electronics expo in Berlin.
Should you buy a UHD TV? What about OLED? Which ecosystem do I want to belong to? Will it work with my smart TV? Does size matter? All this and more answered in our comprehensive TV buying guide.
Retailer Dick Smith is reducing prices on select items to mark the end of financial year.
Gadgets & Things
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Finally! LG OLED TV 2016 range review
- 2 Huawei Nova Plus smartphone review
- 3 Apple iPhone 7 Plus review: including Portrait Mode
- 4 Google Daydream View VR full, in-depth review
- 5 Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: Phones just got smarter
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Foxconn to pay over $US6bn for a majority stake in Sharp
- Samsung to show transparent OLED at IFA
- Dick Smith slashes prices on tech from Apple, Samsung and more
- The rise and fall of Sony
- Samsung begins mass production of 3D TV LCD panels
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- Time to ditch Foxtel and the iQ3: How to replace Foxtel packages with cheaper alternatives
- The top 10 best and worst tech gadgets and products of 2016
- TV of the year award 2016
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- FTSolutions Architect - Data Centre/ NetworkACT
- CCEnterprise ArchitectQLD
- FTJunior-Mid Level Implementation CoordinatorQLD
- CCDevOps Lead - Agile/AWSVIC
- TPProgram ManagerNSW
- CCBusiness AnalystNSW
- TPBI Report Developer - SSRS SSIS SSASNSW
- CCJunior Project ManagerQLD
- TPDrupal Developer - Immediate startQLD
- FTSystem EngineerVIC
- CCBusiness Analyst Finance & LendingQLD
- FTApplication Developer - FileNetWA
- CCData Centre Design Engineer - Data Centre - TelcoVIC
- FTDevOps EngineerNSW
- FTLevel 2 Service DeskNSW
- CCInfrastructure ArchitectVIC
- FTTechnical Business AnalystVIC
- FTTechnical Services Engineer - Spanish speakingNSW
- FTSolutions Architect - Data Centre/ NetworkNSW
- FTApplication Developer - FileNetQLD
- FTTechnical Consultant MS Dynamics AXNSW
- FTChange ManagerACT
- FTFront End DeveloperQLD
- FTSenior Java Developers (Several positions available)QLD
- CCFIS Connex Developer (Brisbane Based)Other