The Australian Broadcasting Corporation (ABC) is collaborating with US company Brightcove to bring improvements to the iView video on demand service, including adaptive bit-rate streaming to accommodate low-bandwidth connections and low-powered devic...
I just fell in love with a TV. Unfortunately, it will probably cost around $10,000, so our cohabitation plans are unlikely to come to fruition.
In a comparatively low-key announcement -- none of the glitz and glamour and space-themed music of Samsung’s OLED announcement -- LG told the world that its OLED TV and Ultra Definition TV panels, in 55in and 84in sizes respectively, would be availab...
Samsung is the first big manufacturer at CES 2012 to publicly show off an OLED TV, with today's announcement of the 'Super OLED TV': a 55in screen with supposedly high-end picture quality and some innovative features.
Lenovo on Sunday announced its first smart TV that will recognize voice commands and run Android 4.0 applications, getting a jump over Apple's rumored pursuit of TVs with advanced features.
Among our readers, at least, LG seems to have emerged as the brand to beat in the high-definition television market. Readers gave LG sets high marks for ease of use and reliability (along with Panasonic), as well as for features such as connection po...
2011 was an interesting, if uninspiring year, for the global and Australian television markets: more 3D TVs (and fewer 3D broadcasts), more video and movies on demand, more superfluous features, and not a great deal else. We’re tipping 2012 to be at ...
We found out about Oakley's GASCAN 3D glasses when LG announced a collaboration between the two companies, and we were immediately dubious.
The days leading up to Black Friday always bring door-buster deals on big-screen TVs, and this year is no exception. According to market research firm IHS, U.S. retailers will sell 42in, 1080p LED HDTVs for less than US$400 by Black Friday.
LG has released the results from a test conducted with Australian consumers in Westfield shopping centres around Australia, saying that four out of five Australians prefer its passive Cinema 3D televisions over competitors Sony and Samsung.
"A very limited number" of three 40in Sony BRAVIA LCD TV models sold during 2007 and 2008 could in rare cases "over-heat and ignite", emitting smoking and melting the TV's rear plastic casing. Sony has voluntarily initiated a repair program, with in-...
Polarized "passive" 3D TVs hit the market in the beginning of the year as a response to the bulky, expensive, complicated active-shutter 3D TVs that turned off many would-be buyers. But many home theater enthusiasts (and TV manufacturers) claimed tha...
Long-awaited talking digital TV set-top boxes have finally been made available for sale in Australia, after a lengthy testing and trial period. The boxes are not yet confirmed as part of the Australian Government's Household Assistance Scheme for the...
Samsung is liquidating its stock of 3D glasses for its 2010 range of 3D TVs -- the first generation of 3D models which included the excellent Series 7 LED, Series 7 plasma, and $10000 Series 9 LED -- and giving them away for free to anyone willing to...
Online-only electronics retailer Kogan has started a new campaign to publicise the low cost of its TVs, promising freebies if consumers can find a cheaper equivalent TV advertised by bricks-and-mortar stores Harvey Norman and JB Hi-Fi.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Sony Xperia X Performance review: Sony’s most disappointing product in years
- 2 Huawei P9 review: lifting photography to another level... sometimes.
- 3 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 4 D-Link Taipan AC3200 Ultra tri-band modem-router review
- 5 Dell XPS 13 (2016) review: Making the very best Ultrabook
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- Android TV's universal search feature finally works with Netflix
- Vizio’s latest 4K TVs make eye-popping HDR more affordable
- Netflix flips the switch on eye-popping HDR video streaming
- Sony’s pricey Ultra video-streaming service goes live today, but you'll need a new high-end 4K Sony TV to use it
- Foxconn to pay over $US6bn for a majority stake in Sharp
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- CCContract Programmer (JAVA/SQL) 160621/P/866Asia
- CCProgram DirectorNSW
- CCMidrange Technical ArchitectQLD
- CCServiceNow DeveloperVIC
- CCRelease & Configuration Manager | Defence intelligence application | NV1 clearedACT
- CCOracle Administrators with SiebelACT
- CCSr Java Developer-JSP/Servlet,Hibernate, EJB3, Spring, RESTfulNSW
- CCAgile Business AnalystNSW
- FTSenior Business Analyst - Enterprise DataNSW
- CCSAP Financial Master DataACT
- CCMicrosoft .NET Developer (Server and Applications)SA
- CCSharePoint DeveloperSA
- FTService Desk AnalystNSW
- CCIT Business AnalystNSW
- CCSenior IT Automated TesterNSW
- CCLinux Systems AdministratorVIC
- FTProduct OwnerNSW
- CCProgrammer (IT Security/Website Administration) 160711/P/565Asia
- CCProject Analyst/ CoordinatorVIC
- CCSolution ArchitectNSW
- CCMaster Scheduler - IT Infrastructure ProgramsNSW
- CCWeb Developer (Drupal)SA
- CCTest LeadNSW
- CCMobility Developer (iOS or Android)NSW
- FTAndroid Technical Lead (Work From Home 2-3 Days)NSW