In all likelihood, Apple's media event on March 7 will introduce a new iPad. We've even speculated what we might expect from next week's event.
TVs - News
A patent filed with the United States Patent and Trademark Office last fall shows that Google is creating a Siri-like voice interface for controlling television via Android phones.
When Apple released Lion (OS X 10.7), Mail received its biggest overhaul ever, gaining many new and noteworthy features. The changes to Mail in Mountain Lion are more subtle, though there are some nice improvements--along with one significant omissio...
Independent British broadcaster ITV has reportedly written to Apple to request that it doesn't use the name 'iTV' for its expected connected TV set.
Reports about Apple's expected television set continue unabated with a new claim that Apple is talking to Canadian telecoms Rogers Communications Inc. and Bell Canada Enterprises about a possible TV set deal. The talks appear so serious that Bell and...
The Australian Broadcasting Corporation (ABC) is collaborating with US company Brightcove to bring improvements to the iView video on demand service, including adaptive bit-rate streaming to accommodate low-bandwidth connections and low-powered devic...
I just fell in love with a TV. Unfortunately, it will probably cost around $10,000, so our cohabitation plans are unlikely to come to fruition.
In a comparatively low-key announcement -- none of the glitz and glamour and space-themed music of Samsung’s OLED announcement -- LG told the world that its OLED TV and Ultra Definition TV panels, in 55in and 84in sizes respectively, would be availab...
Samsung is the first big manufacturer at CES 2012 to publicly show off an OLED TV, with today's announcement of the 'Super OLED TV': a 55in screen with supposedly high-end picture quality and some innovative features.
Lenovo on Sunday announced its first smart TV that will recognize voice commands and run Android 4.0 applications, getting a jump over Apple's rumored pursuit of TVs with advanced features.
Among our readers, at least, LG seems to have emerged as the brand to beat in the high-definition television market. Readers gave LG sets high marks for ease of use and reliability (along with Panasonic), as well as for features such as connection po...
2011 was an interesting, if uninspiring year, for the global and Australian television markets: more 3D TVs (and fewer 3D broadcasts), more video and movies on demand, more superfluous features, and not a great deal else. We’re tipping 2012 to be at ...
We found out about Oakley's GASCAN 3D glasses when LG announced a collaboration between the two companies, and we were immediately dubious.
The days leading up to Black Friday always bring door-buster deals on big-screen TVs, and this year is no exception. According to market research firm IHS, U.S. retailers will sell 42in, 1080p LED HDTVs for less than US$400 by Black Friday.
LG has released the results from a test conducted with Australian consumers in Westfield shopping centres around Australia, saying that four out of five Australians prefer its passive Cinema 3D televisions over competitors Sony and Samsung.
Gadgets & Things
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Finally! LG OLED TV 2016 range review
- 2 Huawei Nova Plus smartphone review
- 3 Apple iPhone 7 Plus review: including Portrait Mode
- 4 Google Daydream View VR full, in-depth review
- 5 Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: Phones just got smarter
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Sony’s Bravia XBR-A1E OLED could be the first flat-screen TV with sound that doesn’t suck
- Say goodbye to Apple's third-generation Apple TV
- Japan gears up for 8K TV broadcasting
- NHK's latest 8K display is large, thin and beautiful
- Japan starts 8K TV broadcasts in time for Rio Olympics
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- The top 10 best and worst tech gadgets and products of 2016
- TV of the year award 2016
- Best phone of the year 2016
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- FTBrand Marketing Manager - Premium Entertainment BrandNSW
- FTLinux EngineerNSW
- TPSenior Test Analyst - TAFEQLD
- CCCloud Solution Architect - Financial Services - Continuous IntegrationNSW
- CCICT Strategy ConsultantNSW
- TPProject CoordintorVIC
- FTSenior Java EngineerACT
- FTProject Delivery Manager | PortfolioQLD
- FTCheckpoint Firewall and VPNNSW
- CCReporting AnalystVIC
- FTJunior-Mid Level Implementation CoordinatorQLD
- CCTest AnalystQLD
- FTInformation / Data Quality AnalystNSW
- FTService Delivery Manager - EnterpriseACT
- FTSenior System AdministratorVIC
- FTInformation Security ManagerNSW
- FTSenior Java DeveloperNSW
- FTTechnical Consultant MS Dynamics AXNSW
- TPLevel 3 Systems EngineerWA
- CCNetwork Security Engineer - Cisco ISEVIC
- CCSenior Developer - Appian/PegaVIC
- TPProgram ManagerNSW
- FTLead Software Engineer - JavaQLD
- FTDevOps EngineerNSW
- FTLevel 2 Help Desk SupportQLD