LG has announced the imminent release of its 2011 plasma and LED TV line-up, with TVs that can access the Internet to download new release movies and TV shows, archived video content such as sporting replays and old television series, and content fro...
FOXTEL subscribers will be able to watch Tron: Legacy in 3D, high definition and standard definition on their FOXTEL iQ set top boxes on April 20 -- the same day as the physical DVD and Blu-ray release. A 48 hour rental of the movie will cost FOXTEL ...
Samsung has announced the pricing for its 2011 Australian line-up of plasma, LCD and LED televisions. Most of these TVs will be released in April and May, although some models are already available.
New Samsung TVs and home entertainment products released in 2011 will be able to stream BigPond Movies On Demand, with an adaptive bit rate allowing users to view movies and TV shows almost instantly after they are purchased. A demonstration at Samsu...
Online retailer Kogan has extended its offer of a free HDMI cable to 'tricked' JB Hi-Fi customers indefinitely.
When the BBC announced an international iPlayer Web and iPad application, the possibility of an internationally available ABC iView video-on-demand service looked more promising. Arul Baskaran, multiplatform controller for the ABC, told PC World Aust...
The final stretch of the long-running digital TV switchover has begun for regional Victorian towns like Ballarat and Lorne, with the projected May 5 date for the shut-down of analog TV signals edging ever closer. The Minister for Broadband, Communica...
In the latest of a series of publicity stunts, online retailer Kogan is offering "tricked" JB Hi-Fi TV buyers a free HDMI cable. Anyone who has bought a TV at JB Hi-Fi so far in 2011 is able to redeem a free HDMI 1.4 cable from Kogan by sending proof...
An online store for lightweight "widget" applications built for the Yahoo Connected TV platform will not open to consumers this month, as originally planned.
Seventeen of the 22 new BRAVIA LCD TVs announced by Sony Australia on Tuesday will feature Sony Internet TV, the company's latest extension of the BRAVIA Internet Video video-on-demand service. With a staggered release from March onwards, Sony's 2011...
At an event in Singapore, Samsung has announced that its 'Smart TV' Series 8 (D8000) and Series 7 (D7000) LED TVs set to be released in April 2011 will be able to wirelessly transmit live TV and other video content to Samsung’s Galaxy Tab 10.1 tablet...
A government-funded research institute in Taiwan have kicked off a three-year effort to develop cheaper, longer-lasting LED backlights in mobile phones, notebook PCs and television sets, a project manager said on Friday.
Taiwan's AU Optronics, one of the biggest LCD screen makers in the world, said Thursday it filed two separate lawsuits in the U.S. against Sharp, alleging the infringement of nine LCD screen-related patents in all.
BBC director general Mark Thompson has told attendees of the Financial Times Digital Media & Broadcasting Conference that the BBC's iPlayer video streaming service will be available worldwide in 2011, for a subscription fee less than US$10 per month.
The BBC iPlayer is now offering web users the chance to watch TV shows broadcast on rival channels including ITV and Five.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Huawei P9 review: lifting photography to another level... sometimes.
- 2 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 3 D-Link Taipan AC3200 Ultra tri-band modem-router review
- 4 Dell XPS 13 (2016) review: Making the very best Ultrabook
- 5 Microsoft Surface Book review: The verdict on Microsoft's first notebook
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- Android TV's universal search feature finally works with Netflix
- Vizio’s latest 4K TVs make eye-popping HDR more affordable
- Netflix flips the switch on eye-popping HDR video streaming
- Sony’s pricey Ultra video-streaming service goes live today, but you'll need a new high-end 4K Sony TV to use it
- Foxconn to pay over $US6bn for a majority stake in Sharp
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- CCBusiness Impact AssessmentsVIC
- FTProduct Owner - MarketingNSW
- FTTechnical Business Analyst (Integration background)NSW
- CCOracle iLearning Business AnalystNSW
- CCSystems Engineer | Experimental military technology | NV1ACT
- CCData Warehouse Specialist- Power BI, SSAS DBA, Azure, SQLNSW
- CCTechnology and Security ArchitectACT
- FTBusiness Analyst - Clinical SystemsSA
- FTTechnical Consultant - ServerSA
- CCSenior Systems AnalystACT
- CCBusiness Analyst - Healthcare industryVIC
- FTSenior Manager Practice LeadNSW
- CCSAP PI/PO ConsultantVIC
- CCSecurity Engineer - SUMO focusNSW
- CCSenior Media AnalystVIC
- CCMidrange Technical ArchitectQLD
- CCUX DesignersQLD
- FTIT Senior Business Analyst (12M)NSW
- FTSOE Engineer - End User ComputingQLD
- CCMobility Developer (iOS or Android)NSW
- FTService Delivery Coordinator - ApplicationsNSW
- FTBusiness AnalystNSW
- CCJava Developer with Oracle database experience | Defence intelligence | NV1ACT
- FTLead Tableau Reporting ConsultantNSW
- CCInfrastructure ArchitectACT