A spokesperson for the Australian government's Digital Switchover Taskforce has confirmed that television transmission infrastructure in Queensland was not significantly affected by Cyclone Yasi and recent flooding in the area.
The Australian Communications and Media Authority (ACMA) has concluded a review of consumer, reception, interference and technical issues surrounding the broadcast of 3D TV in Australia. The Australian regulatory body has released a new set of guidel...
Mitsubishi Electric Australia has confirmed the availability of its latest Diamond Vision OLED screens, aimed at digital signage and indoor advertising. The 384x384mm screens can be interconnected to create even larger panel sizes -- a 100in version ...
Engineers at Japanese public broadcaster NHK (Nippon Hoso Kyokai) have developed a system that can overlay Google Earth-like labels over live TV images from helicopters.
Stiff price competition in the flat-screen TV market and the strong Japanese yen hurt profits at Sony in the last three months of 2010, the company said Thursday.
Panasonic has announced the Australian availability of its 103in and 85in Full HD 3D plasma TVs. The professional-grade plasma TVs were showcased at the 2010 Integrate exhibition in Sydney, with the 103in model currently the largest 3D plasma panel a...
Online-only electronics retailer Kogan has announced what it calls a 'massive success' for the first day of its LivePrice early-bird pricing system, with $329,965 of orders placed since its launch on the morning of February 2.
Online electronics retailer Kogan has launched its LivePrice dynamic pricing system in Australia, with 20 products available to purchase early in their production cycle for a lower-than-retail price on the Kogan Australia Web site.
TV manufacturer Sharp will sell some of its LCD TVs under the Pioneer brand in the USA and Canada after a deal between the two companies, but Australia will miss out.
Australian online retailer Kogan has drawn the covers off a new set of LED TVs in its online store.
In an otherwise underwhelming keynote speech at this year's CES tradeshow, Microsoft made a play to control the biggest screen in the house.
Having to wear glasses is one of the big drawbacks of current 3D TVs. They can be uncomfortable, they're often expensive, and they make you look like a dork.
World trade authorities have ordered the European Union to scrap tariffs on three types of consumer electronics from Taiwan, Japan and the United States no later than June, ending a 3-year-old trade dispute.
Philips has a solution to the button-laden madness of today's remote controls, and it behaves a lot like the motion controllers of Nintendo's Wii.
This year's Consumer Electronics Show attracted around 140,000 people, easily surpassing pre-show estimates and beating the two prior events, the event's organizers said late Sunday.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Witness a 241% Australian price hike: Dell Latitude 7370 review
- 2 Is this the best value phone on the market? Moto G4 Plus review
- 3 Sony Xperia X Performance review: Sony’s most disappointing product in years
- 4 Huawei P9 review: lifting photography to another level... sometimes.
- 5 Huawei Mate 8 review: probably the best all-round Android phone you can buy
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- Android TV's universal search feature finally works with Netflix
- Vizio’s latest 4K TVs make eye-popping HDR more affordable
- Netflix flips the switch on eye-popping HDR video streaming
- Sony’s pricey Ultra video-streaming service goes live today, but you'll need a new high-end 4K Sony TV to use it
- Foxconn to pay over $US6bn for a majority stake in Sharp
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- FTSocial Media AssistantQLD
- CCBusiness AnalystNSW
- CCProduction Manager / Digital ProducerNSW
- FT1st Level IT Support - Microsoft EnvironmentNSW
- CCData Entry - TelecommunicationsNSW
- CCIncident ManagerSA
- FTSenior .Net Applications SupportACT
- CCMessaging EngineerNSW
- CCBPM Solution ArchitectVIC
- CCLead Business AnalystNSW
- CC.Net Developer Application DesignerACT
- CCBusiness Analyst - Microsoft Active DirectoryNSW
- FTPortfolio Governance ConsultantNSW
- CCApplication Tester - Windows 10 ProjectWA
- FTJava DeveloperVIC
- CCDevOps EngineerVIC
- CCDatabase developer/ModellerACT
- FTSAP ESB Service Management SpecialistVIC
- CCProject Services CoordinatorACT
- FTFull-Stack .NET DeveloperVIC
- CCHelpdesk OfficersNSW
- FTAndroid Technical Lead (Work From Home 2-3 Days)NSW
- CCTechnical Specialist - EUCNSW
- FTAppian DeveloperVIC
- CCSenior Business AnalystNSW