Mitsubishi expects its 92-inch 3D TV to be the largest consumer television on the market when it launches mid-year -- even if very few consumers can afford it.
The "Avatar effect" that was supposed to make 3D TV so popular last year failed to materialize, but manufacturers, ever optimistic, say a wider selection of films and some modest technology improvements should make 2011 a better year.
Cisco this week unveiled a suite of video products designed to combine digital TV, online content, social media and other communications applications into an all-inclusive home and mobile video session.
Sharp is thinking big with its newest round of HDTVs, led by a whopping 70-inch LED back-lit HDTV.
LG Electronics showed it's serious about 3D in mobile devices on Wednesday, introducing a new 4.3-inch glasses-free 3D screen for mobile devices and a similar prototype 7-inch 3D screen on a mobile TV.
In what may turn out to be a sneak peek of CES 2011 HDTV trends, LG announced the newest entry to their 2011 HDTV lineup--and it's a 3D TV that doesn't use the heavy, expensive active-shutter 3D glasses.
Australia’s transition to digital free-to-air television has continued with analog TV signals permanently switched off this week in regional South Australia and Broken Hill.
Samsung Electronics, the world's largest TV maker, announced the one millionth download of apps aimed at high definition TVs on Thursday.
Apple has been awarded a U.S. patent for a display system that would allow multiple viewers to see a high-quality 3D image projected on a screen without the need for special glasses, regardless of where they are sitting.
At a London press conference broadcast over the Internet, Ruslan Kogan -- founder of cut-price technology retailer Kogan Technologies -- has announced the launch of the company's 'LivePrice' incremental pricing scheme, which allows customers to purch...
Possibly leapfrogging today's touch-screen technologies, Microsoft has figured out a way to make the computer displays themselves change in shape under a person's touch.
Samsung Electronics and LG Display have developed prototype flexible displays that can be gently bent while continuing to show images. The displays are the latest in a line of research projects from major display makers that point to growing interest...
Communications minister Senator Stephen Conroy has announced a $34 million partnership with regional commercial broadcasters to provide full digital TV services to remote areas across Australia.
Chip makers IPWireless and ST-Ericsson said Wednesday that they have joined forces to develop a platform designed to lower the cost of building Integrated Mobile Broadcast (IMB) technology into smartphones.
Samsung Electronics has developed see-through flat-panel screens intended to be used as high-tech windows. They could overlay news or the time on office windows, or flash special offers on store windows while still allowing shoppers to see inside.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Huawei P9 review: lifting photography to another level... sometimes.
- 2 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 3 D-Link Taipan AC3200 Ultra tri-band modem-router review
- 4 Dell XPS 13 (2016) review: Making the very best Ultrabook
- 5 Microsoft Surface Book review: The verdict on Microsoft's first notebook
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- Android TV's universal search feature finally works with Netflix
- Vizio’s latest 4K TVs make eye-popping HDR more affordable
- Netflix flips the switch on eye-popping HDR video streaming
- Sony’s pricey Ultra video-streaming service goes live today, but you'll need a new high-end 4K Sony TV to use it
- Foxconn to pay over $US6bn for a majority stake in Sharp
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- FTService Desk AnalystNSW
- CCService Desk ConsultantVIC
- CCProject/ Program AnalystVIC
- CCSenior Business Analyst- BPMN, Testing backgroundNSW
- CCBusiness System Analyst - FinanceVIC
- CCJava DevelopersACT
- FTEnvironment ManagerVIC
- CCApplication Support Analyst and Database AdministratorVIC
- CCTenable Security - Technical ConsultantVIC
- CCMiddleware Developer - BaselineACT
- CCContract System Analyst (Renewable Contract)Asia
- CCEngineering Lead - InfrastructureVIC
- FTProject Coordinator / AdministratorNSW
- FTTechnical Business Analyst (Integration background)NSW
- FTIT Project ManagerAsia
- CCContract Programmer (JAVA/SQL) 160621/P/866Asia
- CCApplication Support Analyst and Database AdministratorNSW
- CCIT Assistant (Lotus Notes/Technical Support) 160616/ITA/991Asia
- CCBusiness Analyst, InsuranceNSW
- CCSalesforce Project ManagerQLD
- FTTechnical COE SpecialistACT
- CCMobility Developer (iOS or Android)NSW
- CCSolution Architect / Designer - Cyber SecurityNSW
- CCSAP Application Delivery LeadVIC
- FTTechnical Services ManagerACT