Apple has a revamped Apple TV dubbed iTV scheduled to launch this September, sources within the company purportedly told Digg founder Kevin Rose.
Canon decided on Tuesday to liquidate a subsidiary developing a flat-panel display technology called SED, effectively bringing to an end once high hopes that the screens would replace LCD panels and plasma displays in living room TVs.
Ruslan Kogan, founder of Kogan Technologies, has declared a "price war" against LCD and LED TV behemoths LG, Samsung and Sony with the release of the company's new Elite LED televisions.
The IPTV market in Australia has increased yet again with a Sony Computer Entertainment Australia and Yahoo!7 partnership to provide PS3 console users with further television content via Yahoo!7's PLUS7 catch-up TV service starting at the end of this...
The Federal Court has found that consumer electronics manufacturer Panasonic misled customers in a 2008 promotion in which it had offered a free Nintendo Wii console for customers who purchased one of a certain range of televisions.
Sony returned to profitability in the second quarter, helped by strong sales of key products, prompting it to raise its profit outlook for the full year on Thursday.
3D TV shipments are on the rise with the availability of more TV models and increasing movie and sports content in 3D, research firm DisplaySearch said on Wednesday.
The ABC's iView catch-up television service is now available on Sony's Internet-connected BRAVIA televisions and Blu-ray players.
Samsung Electronics has launched its latest high-end TV, the Series 9 - a $10,000 55in panel which is a mere 7.98mm thick. The new Series 9 also supports 3D viewing and has a full colour touch-screen remote control.
ATLANTA -- The development of "smart TVs" is also leading, not surprisingly, to the creation of a smart remote as well, thanks to <a Intel.
A leading Australian vision research group has weighed in on the 3D TV health debate, stating that 3D television is unlikely to cause a negative effect if viewed under normal conditions.
Australia's third-largest Internet service provider (ISP), iiNet, has struck a deal with FetchTV to distribute an IPTV service to its customers.
Samsung Electronics, one of the world's largest electronics makers, on Wednesday forecast record operating profit for the second quarter of 2010 on strong sales.
National broadband provider iiNet yesterday held out the possibility that customers would be able to sign up to its internet television (IPTV) offering without needing one of its BoB ADSL routers, in a wide-ranging briefing about the FetchTV-based se...
Hong Kong's Cathay Pacific Airways plans to offer in-flight broadband, cell-phone service and live television on its aircraft from early 2012, it said Wednesday.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Kogan Agora 4G Pro review: the final word on Kogan's best smartphone
- 2 Sony Xperia Z4 Tablet (LTE) review: The tablet of choice for anyone on Android
- 3 Bose SoundLink Mini II Bluetooth speaker review
- 4 Apple MacBook Air 2015 review: Only better with time
- 5 Dell Inspiron 15 7000 Series notebook
Join the PC World newsletter!
Deals on PC World
- Networking, Wireless & VoIP
Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- LG sneaks 4K OLED TVs into stores, from $5999
- Google, Apple streaming devices shake up the TV market
- Dick Smith slashes prices on tech from Apple, Samsung and more
- Panasonic Viera TV range for 2015: 4K, Netflix, and Firefox OS
- 15 Samsung UHD TVs launch with support for Netflix, Stan and Presto
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- CCAccount Strategist | Sales Executive | Global Search EngineNSW
- FTSenior Network EngineerNSW
- CCLead Generator - Software SolutionsNSW
- FTDesktop Engineering ManagerNSW
- FTField EngineerNSW
- FTDevOps Consultant - Microsoft Experience - Digital ConsultancyVIC
- CCMarketing Coordinator - World's largest search engine!NSW
- FTBusiness Development Manager & Account ManagerVIC