The big-screen HDTV is looking more like an oversized smartphone every day--only without the mobility. Not only are Internet-enabled models that run Web applications becoming commonplace, but HDTV apps stores from top manufacturers like Samsung are ...
From 1am on Thursday, Australian PlayStation 3 owners will be able to rent or buy 600 movies using the PlayStation Network. The video-on-demand service was unveiled today by Sony Computer Entertainment Australia.
LG has announced a range of promotional offers for purchasers of its 2010 television models. Buying either of LG's 3D TVs -- the LG LX6500 and LG LX9500 -- will earn purchasers a '3D Bonus Pack' consisting of a Fujifilm 3D digital camera and two pair...
A report from GfK Temax indicates that the financial crisis and rising interest rates resulted in overall spending on consumer electronics being down by 1.6 per cent in Q1, but digital TV set-top box sales have bucked the trend and grown since last y...
SBS has revealed it will broadcast full live free-to-air coverage of all matches during the 2010 FIFA World Cup.
Work has begun on a new digital television broadcast facility in Adelaide. Senator Stephen Conroy has marked the start of construction of the Para Escarpment development in Adelaide by turning the first sod.
Fox Sports stole Channel Nine's thunder yesterday by announcing that it will broadcast the first 3D sporting event on Australian television next week.
Dupont has developed a printing process that can produce large OLED displays in less than 2 minutes.
Panasonic will be will begin touring its VIERA plasma 3D TVs around the country, beginning this week.
Fujitsu demonstrated on Tuesday a meter-square, full-color display panel that is curved so it can be mounted around corners and pillars.
LG will launch its 47in and 55in 3D LED-backlit LCD televisions in mid-May.
The modern big-screen, high-definition television is not only taking on the PC for basic Web access. It's now becoming a social networking device serving Twitter and Facebook users -- as they watch TV.
Sony remained in the red last year but managed to more than halve losses thanks to a better-than-expected end to the financial year, the company said Monday.
Santiago Alfaro hopes to one day use the Surround Vision technology he created at the MIT Media Lab and work with famous director James Cameron to incorporate it into a film.
Taiwan's AU Optronics plans to seek an injunction in the U.S. against the import and sale of LCD panels made by South Korean rival LG Display that infringe on four of its patents, a ban that could hurt consumers because LG accounts for over a quarter...
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Kogan Agora 4G Pro review: the final word on Kogan's best smartphone
- 2 Sony Xperia Z4 Tablet (LTE) review: The tablet of choice for anyone on Android
- 3 Bose SoundLink Mini II Bluetooth speaker review
- 4 Apple MacBook Air 2015 review: Only better with time
- 5 Lenovo ThinkPad T550 laptop
Join the PC World newsletter!
Deals on PC World
- Networking, Wireless & VoIP
Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- LG sneaks 4K OLED TVs into stores, from $5999
- Google, Apple streaming devices shake up the TV market
- Dick Smith slashes prices on tech from Apple, Samsung and more
- Panasonic Viera TV range for 2015: 4K, Netflix, and Firefox OS
- 15 Samsung UHD TVs launch with support for Netflix, Stan and Presto
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- CCAccount Strategist | Sales Executive | Global Search EngineNSW
- CCMarketing Coordinator - World's largest search engine!NSW
- FTDesktop Engineering ManagerNSW
- FTBusiness Development Manager & Account ManagerVIC
- FTDevOps Consultant - Microsoft Experience - Digital ConsultancyVIC
- FTField EngineerNSW
- CCLead Generator - Software SolutionsNSW
- FTAccount Manager - PR AgencyNSW
- FTTechnical Sales Support Representative - The Worlds largest Search Engine!NSW
- CCInternal Communications ExecutiveNSW