Do not adjust your screen! Yes, it is 2010. And yes, this is an all-new CRT display from electronics giant LG.
TVs - News
The ABC is set to launch a digital television channel devoted solely to continuous news updates. It will be the first of its kind on free-to-air digital television in Australia.
Foxtel intends to broadcast 3D television signals in 2011, tech blog Gizmodo reports. “Foxtel has been closely monitoring 3D developments since January of 2009 and has an active program for 3D broadcasting in its Engineering Development Labs,” accord...
Samsung plans to release its 3D-compatible LED televisions in Australia, with models expected to be released in mid-April.
3D televisions were being hyped all over the show floor at the Consumer Electronics Show last week, with manufacturers gushing about an "Avatar effect" and hoping for a surge in high-end TV sales. But on the sidelines, even executives with a stake in...
The excitement around 3D TV at the International Consumer Electronics Show (CES) did not appear to be influencing companies at the AVN-Adult Entertainment Expo taking place at the same time, despite the fact that the adult industry is often a first m...
At its press conference at the Consumer Electronics Show this week, Samsung revealed dozens of products, including new TVs, home theater systems, and eBook readers as well as content partnerships with Dreamworks, Google, and others.
Budget online retailer Kogan Technologies has announced the launch of two new televisions using LED backlighting technology. Available in 26in and 32in sizes, the as-yet-unnamed televisions are priced at $599 and $799, respectively — significan...
LG Electronics' connected TVs are getting more connections - including support (with the addition of a Webcam accessory) for Skype video calls on many of its new sets. This expands on LG's introduction, last year, of sets with built-in support for vi...
Yahoo has signed up new partners for its Connected TV effort but also faces new competition from other companies looking to bring movies and applications from the Internet to the TV.
In a press conference almost as packed with product announcements as it was filled with weary members of the press, Samsung took the cover off of dozens products, including super-slim LED TVs, new e-book readers and capped it with content partnership...
3D is the big buzz here at CES, and the company started its press event by exhibiting its commitment to 3D with a live demo of 3D capture and display technology. Sony also introduced its lineup of 3D-capable HDTVs and Blu-ray players for 2010.
As expected, Panasonic's CES press conference dwelt heavily on the company's plans to bring 3D HDTVs mainstream, including model info on five plasma sets slated to ship by midyear, and a Blu-Ray Disc player. Panasonic also became the second CE vendor...
Samsung Electronics unveiled a strong line-up for the International Consumer Electronics Show (CES) on Wednesday, including a complete 3D home entertainment system and LED TVs with screens as thin as a pencil.
At a splashy press event at CES in Las Vegas, Toshiba trotted out its latest and greatest HDTV, the Cell TV, with its companion media center set-top box.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: Phones just got smarter
- 2 Sony Xperia XZ review: turbo-charged last-gen phone
- 3 Hisense Series 7 ULED 4K UHD TV review
- 4 Sony X9300D and X8500D UHD 4K TV review
- 5 Moto X Force review: Leading features from a mid-range phone
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Say goodbye to Apple's third-generation Apple TV
- Japan gears up for 8K TV broadcasting
- NHK's latest 8K display is large, thin and beautiful
- Japan starts 8K TV broadcasts in time for Rio Olympics
- Android TV's universal search feature finally works with Netflix
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: The new best Android phone
- Japan Robot, gadget and car expo slideshow
- Panasonic DX900U UHD 4K smart TV review: Best all-round TV ever?
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- CCBusiness AnalystNSW
- CCApplication Support AnalystVIC
- FTOperations SupportNSW
- CCDevOps/Automation EngineerNSW
- FTBI Analyst - Data and FraudNSW
- FTDynamics CRM DeveloperSA
- CCFront End Developer (UI) - 12 Month ContractNSW
- FTBI Developer-Micro-strategyNSW
- FTBusiness Systems Analyst | Travel IndustryQLD
- CCArcher ConsultantNSW
- CCDigital Marketing StrategistVIC
- FTSenior Service Delivery ManagerVIC
- CCChange ManagerQLD
- CCCisco Voice ConsultantWA
- FTMicrosoft Dynamics AX Manufacturing ConsultantACT
- FTMobile DeveloperAsia
- TPiOS Developer (Mobile)NSW
- CCSenior Siebel DeveloperACT
- FTSenior Architect, Markets and ProductsNSW
- CCSenior Technical SpecialistVIC
- FTOperations SupportNSW
- CCBusiness Analyst - Identity Access ManagementACT
- CCNetApp Storage Specialist required to join global company in SydneyNSW
- FTApplication Programmer - Software - HealthVIC
- FTWebSphere MQ Application SupportVIC