If Bill Gates is hoping for a quiet retirement he may find it interrupted by technology.
TVs - News
Cisco Systems will buy a Chinese set-top box maker as the country works to digitize all cable television by 2015, creating market opportunities for Cisco, the company said late Monday.
Panasonic has announced a choice of free "high-definition" products for purchasers of Full HD Viera plasma televisions. Buyers can choose from a digital camera, a Blu-ray home theatre system, or a digital television recorder.
Sony is offering a PlayStation 3 Slim games console free with the purchase of selected Bravia LCD televisions.
The Advanced Television Systems Committee (ATSC), which oversees TV standards for the U.S., said Friday it has approved a standard for mobile digital broadcasts.
iPhone users will be the first to gain access to a new video streaming service running over Telstra’s NextG network.
Toshiba has released three new television ranges, including the premium ZV600A series, which uses a 200Hz frame rate to display smooth on-screen motion.
Toshiba has become the first major television manufacturer to release small-screen LCD TVs with integrated DVD players in Australia: the DV615Y series of televisions. The series includes 19in, 22in and 26in models.
If YouTube streams a billion videos a day, does that make it the world's biggest waste of people's time? The billion videos announcement was made by YouTube's CEO in a blog marking the third anniversary of its acquisition by Google.
The number of visitors to Ceatec, Japan's largest consumer electronics exhibition, fell by roughly a quarter compared to last year, organizers said on Sunday.
Ceatec, showcased many new technologies and prototype gadgets. We take you through our favourite tech products.
The latest Panasonic plasma televisions -- the 42in and 50in panels in the G15 series -- offer access to online services including YouTube, Picasa and the Bloomberg weather service.
Hoping to set itself apart from other television makers, Toshiba will soon put on sale in Japan the first television based on the powerful Cell multimedia processor, the same chip that's used in the PlayStation 3. The Cell Regza TV boasts several adv...
Mitsubishi Electric hopes to soon see buildings, trains, and buses in Japan plastered with its flexible OLED displays.
Yamaha has developed a prototype speaker that's made of cloth and just 1 millimeter thick.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: Phones just got smarter
- 2 Sony Xperia XZ review: turbo-charged last-gen phone
- 3 Hisense Series 7 ULED 4K UHD TV review
- 4 Sony X9300D and X8500D UHD 4K TV review
- 5 Moto X Force review: Leading features from a mid-range phone
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Say goodbye to Apple's third-generation Apple TV
- Japan gears up for 8K TV broadcasting
- NHK's latest 8K display is large, thin and beautiful
- Japan starts 8K TV broadcasts in time for Rio Olympics
- Android TV's universal search feature finally works with Netflix
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: The new best Android phone
- Japan Robot, gadget and car expo slideshow
- Panasonic DX900U UHD 4K smart TV review: Best all-round TV ever?
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- FTOperational Integrity ManagerNSW
- CCContract IT Assistant (UNIX/Windows) 161028/ITA/003Asia
- CCICT Project Reporting Planning CoordinatorNSW
- FTIntegration SpecialistSA
- CCManager of Pricing and AnalyticsVIC
- FTIntegration Solutions ArchitectNSW
- FTScrum MasterNSW
- CCSenior Business Analyst - experience in IDAM a MUSTNSW
- CCSitecore DeveloperNSW
- CCSystem & Network EngineerVIC
- FTNetwork and Security Engineer - Checkpoint, Firewalls, VPNNSW
- FTSOE ConsultantACT
- CCApplication Support DeveloperVIC
- FTEnterprise ArchitectNSW
- CCSenior Project Specialist - SchedulingVIC
- CCChange Manager - Telco projectsNSW
- CCSenior Solution Designer, Wealth ManagementNSW
- CCService Desk ConsultantTAS
- CCIT Manager - ANZNSW
- CCContract Management SpecialistNSW
- CCSenior Project Manager (Marketing Automation)NSW
- CCCloud Security Services SpecialistVIC
- CCTest Lead with HP ALMACT
- CCSAP Finance Business AnalystNSW
- CCIT Data AnalystACT