At a press event in Sydney today, Australian company Kogan revealed plans to release 19in and 22in LED TVs within the next two months.
TVs - News
AU Optronics, the world's third largest make of LCD screens, is planning two new investments this year, one in solar panels and another in an LCD module venture in China.
LG Electronics has announced the launch of its LH50 LCD television, which uses a 200Hz refresh rate for high quality motion handling.
A recently formed group has proposed a standard for high-definition video surveillance systems that allows HDTV signals to be transmitted digitally over conventional closed-circuit TV media without packetization.
Anyone familiar with LCD HDTVs expects their prices to decrease, and for TVs from established companies to cost more than models from upstarts like Insignia and Vizio -- but no one expects the top-shelf brands to come down in price faster than the va...
The alpha test version of Boxee's online multimedia software for Windows PCs will be released to the public on June 23, Boxee founder Avner Ronen said Thursday.
American company Verizon Communications wants to give customers of its FiOS TV service a choice of how to buy and view video, while the carrier focuses on how to keep that customer watching the screen and using information about them to sell targeted...
The UK market's online spending in 2009 will rise by 13.3 percent compared to last year, taking the total spend to £20.9bn, despite the global recession, says Verdict Research.
During a day full of new innovations, James Cameron took the stage at Ubisoft's media briefing and gave a lengthy speech about his upcoming sci-fi epic Avatar. Cameron seemed confident about the film and game adaptation, citing that most film to game...
AMR Research released its annual "Supply Chain Top 25" list, and the top dog leading the supply chain pack this year -as it did last year - is Apple.
Microsoft's Xbox 360 is suiting up to become an all-encompassing entertainment center. British broadcaster Sky has announced a deal between Sky and Microsoft that will bring live television programs such as sports, TV shows and movies to UK and Irish...
The next generation of High-Definition Multimedia Interface (HDMI) cables are going to give your HDTV a boost with a maximum 100Mb-per-second Internet connection, audio upstream capability and HD images at four times the resolution of 1080p.
According to Moneysupermarket.com, 65 percent of UK consumers don't know when the switchover, which will see the analogue TV signal turned off in favour of a digital signal, will happen in their area.
Hordes of Twitter fans have spoken out against Twitter's integration with the television industry, even causing the world's top Twitterer, Ashton Kutcher, to threaten a hiatus from the microblogging service. Many have adopted #nottwittertv as an ant...
Researchers at Japan's public broadcaster, NHK (Nippon Hoso Kyokai), have developed a flexible OLED (organic LED) display that's 5.8-inches in size and can display moving images in color.
Gadgets & Things
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Finally! LG OLED TV 2016 range review
- 2 Google Daydream View VR full, in-depth review
- 3 Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: Phones just got smarter
- 4 Apple iPhone 7 Plus review: including Portrait Mode
- 5 MSI GS70 laptop review
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Say goodbye to Apple's third-generation Apple TV
- Japan gears up for 8K TV broadcasting
- NHK's latest 8K display is large, thin and beautiful
- Japan starts 8K TV broadcasts in time for Rio Olympics
- Android TV's universal search feature finally works with Netflix
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- The top 10 best and worst tech gadgets and products of 2016
- TV of the year award 2016
- Best phone of the year 2016
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- FTProduct Manager - TV and MediaVIC
- FTSenior Architect, Financial MarketsNSW
- FTNode.js/API DeveloperNSW
- FTIT Client Support AnalystNSW
- TPSenior Test AnalystQLD
- TPBusiness Analyst | HealthQLD
- CCTechnology Specialist-AWS MigrationNSW
- CCSenior Front End Wed DeveloperQLD
- FTRF EngineerNSW
- CCBusiness AnalystNSW
- CCSenior UX/UI Designer (Mobile)NSW
- FTService Desk Analyst / Security EngineerQLD
- CCMid-level .NET Developer/Programmer - Finance - Contract - Sydney CBDNSW
- CCSenior Windows Systems Engineer- MCSE- SCOM, SCCMNSW
- FTService Desk Team LeaderNSW
- CCWindows System EngineerNSW
- FTTechnical Business AnalystNSW
- CCApplication Specialist (Cerner)QLD
- TPBI DeveloperSA
- CCTechnical Application Specialist (Cerner) - Brisbane BasedOther
- CCFacilities Coordinator/ Data Centre Coordinator- Multiple RolesVIC
- FTCampaign AnalystVIC
- CCSenior Business AnalystACT
- CCInfrastructure Team LeadNSW
- CCPerformance Test AnalystVIC