Ultra HD TVs are starting to become more and more prevalent at the top of Australia’s top electronics manufacturers’ product listings. They carry commensurate price tags, though, with the smallest and cheapest being Sony’s $5,999 55-inch X Series BR...
Foxtel has launched its Play streaming IPTV service around Australia, with a seven day free trial for customers to test drive the streaming video player.
Foxtel will begin its Play IPTV service tomorrow, offering a cable- and contract-free subscription to the majority of its live, catch-up and on-demand television channels for a competitive price.
If Google TV was on life support before Chromecast arrived, the new media streaming device isn't prompting a pull of the plug -- at least according to Google.
Two powerful video on demand companies may be planning an incursion into the Australian market, posing a threat to Foxtel Play, Quickflix and local television networks’ catch-up services.
Netflix' series House of Cards and Arrested Development both gathered several major Emmy nominations during Thursday morning's announcement of the 65th annual Awards.
Supplies of Apple's Thunderbolt Display are dwindling, hinting that a 4K update of the product could be on the way.
Sony is at Wimbledon this year pushing the wonders of 4K resolution to the strawberries-and-cream-eating masses at the famous British tennis tournament this week..
LG has today announced the launch of its Laser Display, a short throw DLP display that projects 100in of full HD video onto a specially designed screen.
PlexConnect is a clever project: a free command-line tool that lets you view content from your Plex Media Server on your Apple TV--without jailbreaking Apple's set-top box. That scratches an itch for me; though I maintain a Mac mini media center, the...
Sony has announced its 2013 range of BRAVIA LED TVs, with 17 models ranging from a $749 32-inch to the company’s existing $24,999, 84-inch Ultra HD behemoth. Almost all the new screens have built-in Wi-Fi, and several of the new TVs integrate NFC chi...
Not one to be upstaged by fierce rival Samsung, LG has introduced a swathe of new TVs onto the Australian market for 2013. The company is doubling-down on two new technologies -- Ultra HD, and OLED -- and isn’t afraid of showing off its commitment.
Samsung has jam-packed the Galaxy S4 with fancy features, but there’s one that stands out in making the new handset attractive to anyone who’s looking to buy a new phone and a TV in the near future.
Samsung has launched its 2013 line-up of LED and plasma TVs with massive fanfare, pushing new features that make its TVs easier to use, and more responsive to the content being watched on them.
Australian video-on-demand service Quickflix will offer episodes of Game of Thrones for online streaming hours after they are broadcast in the US, after a deal was sealed with the show’s creator HBO.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 2 D-Link Taipan AC3200 Ultra tri-band modem-router review
- 3 BlackBerry Priv review: When old habits die hard
- 4 Dell XPS 13 (2016) review: Making the very best Ultrabook
- 5 Microsoft Surface Book review: The verdict on Microsoft's first notebook
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- LG releases first flat screen OLED TV in Australia
- CES 2016: Top 10 trends
- Smart TVs at risk from cyber crooks, report finds
- HiSense keeps the Sharp name alive with a slew of new big-screen TVs
- All Samsung smart TVs will be 'IoT-ready' in 2016
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- FTDigital Marketing Specialist | Media BuyerNSW
- CCSystem TesterQLD
- FTBusiness Intelligence AnalystVIC
- FTJava Full Stack Developer - MelbourneVIC
- FTBusiness Analyst (SCADA / CSI)VIC
- FTSenior Front End Developer Required Working World Leading Digital TeamVIC
- FTPrincipal Business Analyst (SQL/SAS)NSW
- CCSenior Network EngineersACT
- FTUX Front-End DeveloperWA
- FTUI DeveloperNSW
- FTJunior Project Manager | Permanent role in Canberra | NV1/2 clearedACT
- CCSolution ArchitectNSW
- CCEnterprise ArchitectNSW
- CCMaster SchedulerVIC
- FTSenior Java DeveloperNSW
- CCContract System Analyst (SQL/.net) 160205/SA/561Asia
- CCSenior Visual DesignerNSW
- CCSenior Business Analyst - Life InsuranceVIC
- FTSystems Administrator/Engineer | $60-90K package | ChatswoodNSW
- FTSenior Business ConsultantNSW
- CCBusiness AnalystACT
- CCBusiness Project Manager - Transformation ProgramNSW
- FTInsight / Customer - Data ScientistNSW
- CCAngularJS DeveloperNSW
- FTProgram Test DirectorNSW