Samsung has pipped rival LG to the post, announcing that its 55-inch curved OLED TV would be the first of its kind to be sold in Australia -- with the first units available for purchase today in Samsung’s Experience Store in Sydney.
Foxtel Play is kicking goals left and right with sports fans, securing streaming coverage of two popular sporting series for its streaming IPTV service.
Controversial electronics manufacturer Kogan has teamed up with controversial AFL club Essendon to release a TV branded with the sporting club's logo.
Samsung Electronics America has started shipping its first curved OLED TV, pricing it at US$8,999.99 and making it available through specialty retailers in the U.S.
Foxtel's new streaming IPTV service, Foxtel Play, won't cannibalise its core set top box business because it is targeted at a "very different market", according to the company.
Ultra HD TVs are starting to become more and more prevalent at the top of Australia’s top electronics manufacturers’ product listings. They carry commensurate price tags, though, with the smallest and cheapest being Sony’s $5,999 55-inch X Series BR...
Foxtel has launched its Play streaming IPTV service around Australia, with a seven day free trial for customers to test drive the streaming video player.
Foxtel will begin its Play IPTV service tomorrow, offering a cable- and contract-free subscription to the majority of its live, catch-up and on-demand television channels for a competitive price.
If Google TV was on life support before Chromecast arrived, the new media streaming device isn't prompting a pull of the plug -- at least according to Google.
Two powerful video on demand companies may be planning an incursion into the Australian market, posing a threat to Foxtel Play, Quickflix and local television networks’ catch-up services.
Netflix' series House of Cards and Arrested Development both gathered several major Emmy nominations during Thursday morning's announcement of the 65th annual Awards.
Supplies of Apple's Thunderbolt Display are dwindling, hinting that a 4K update of the product could be on the way.
Sony is at Wimbledon this year pushing the wonders of 4K resolution to the strawberries-and-cream-eating masses at the famous British tennis tournament this week..
LG has today announced the launch of its Laser Display, a short throw DLP display that projects 100in of full HD video onto a specially designed screen.
PlexConnect is a clever project: a free command-line tool that lets you view content from your Plex Media Server on your Apple TV--without jailbreaking Apple's set-top box. That scratches an itch for me; though I maintain a Mac mini media center, the...
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Huawei P9 review: lifting photography to another level... sometimes.
- 2 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 3 D-Link Taipan AC3200 Ultra tri-band modem-router review
- 4 Dell XPS 13 (2016) review: Making the very best Ultrabook
- 5 Microsoft Surface Book review: The verdict on Microsoft's first notebook
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- Android TV's universal search feature finally works with Netflix
- Vizio’s latest 4K TVs make eye-popping HDR more affordable
- Netflix flips the switch on eye-popping HDR video streaming
- Sony’s pricey Ultra video-streaming service goes live today, but you'll need a new high-end 4K Sony TV to use it
- Foxconn to pay over $US6bn for a majority stake in Sharp
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- FTTechnical Business Analyst (Integration background)NSW
- CCSalesforce DeveloperVIC
- FTDynamics AX Functional ArchitectNSW
- FTAppian Developer/ArchitectVIC
- FTTechnical/Solutions ArchitectNSW
- FTData Center Operator (1-Year Renewal Contract)Asia
- FTTechnical/Solutions ArchitectNSW
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (J2EE/JAVA/SQL) 160621/AP/082Asia
- CCSAP ABAP - Senior developerVIC
- FTDatabase DeveloperACT
- CCContract Programmer (IT Security/Website Admin) 160617/P/564Asia
- FTSolution ArchitectNSW
- CCLead UX DesignerNSW
- CCSecurity Solution ArchitectQLD
- CCOrganisational Change ManagerVIC
- CCAEM Backend DeveloperVIC
- FT.Net Developer (WebAPI / Entity Framework / SQL Server)NSW
- CCSenior Systems AnalystACT
- CCMiddleware Developer - BaselineACT
- FTProject Coordinator / AdministratorNSW
- CCServiceNow DeveloperVIC
- CCField Network Engineer - GSM Networks.VIC
- CCSenior Media AnalystVIC
- FTTechnical Consultant - ServerSA
- CCContract System Analyst (Renewable Contract)Asia