Foxtel is retiring its Showtime and Movie Network subscription cable TV packages, and replacing them with a unified cable and streaming service it is calling Foxtel Movies & Premium Drama.
In an interview with journalist Brian Williams for NBC’s Rock Center TV program, Apple CEO Tim Cook has let slip yet another hint pointing towards a prospective television from the California-based company.
Australian electronics retailer Dick Smith is holding a pre-Christmas, one day only sale on Wednesday 5 December, in what the company describes as an event to "celebrate" its new management team.
2012 was an exciting year for the television market. Prices fell significantly for existing technology, with edge-lit LED televisions dropping in price as they stole further market share from already dirt-cheap plasmas.
Early adopters who spend $25,000 on Sony's 84-inch Ultra High-Definition BRAVIA TV will have a handful of movies to watch on it as soon as it's plugged in -- in the US, at least.
Sony has some new competition in the next-generation Ultra HD video race. Digital video heavyweight RED has announced pre-orders of its Redray 4K Digital Cinema Player, an Internet-connected Ultra HD media player that will display ultra high-resoluti...
LG's plans to publicly sell the first Ultra High-Definition TV in Australia were thrown into disarray this morning, with an event planned with Harvey Norman cancelled at the last minute.
If you’re a savvy buyer, then you know that Christmas time is one of the best times in the calendar year to snag a bargain. The Christmas lead-up period, as well as Boxing Day sales, has proven in previous years to be fiercely competitive, and the bi...
Sony Australia has been in touch with a quick response to our inquiry into whether Australian 84-inch BRAVIA TV buyers can expect to get a free, as-yet-unannounced media 'delivery solution' that will display native Ultra High Definition video to the ...
One of LG’s LED TVs has snagged an award for its energy efficiency. The LM6700, a mid-range LED-backlit LCD TV, has received a Super-efficient Equipment and Appliance Deployment (SEAD) Award from an international, government-backed initiative of the ...
Sony USA has dropped a pre-CES hint to its plans for what it calls the‘4K Ultra HD’ format -- it will include “the world’s first 4K Ultra HD delivery solution” free with any purchase of its KD-84X9000 BRAVIA TV.
LG has introduced a Game World portal for its Smart TV service, bringing over 80 games to its 2012 range of Cinema 3D TVs. This move singles LG out as the only Smart TV provider with a significant library of tailor-made games available directly throu...
Samsung has let slip that it will be showing an 85-inch Ultra High-Definition TV at CES in Las Vegas in early January 2013.
The 13-week trial of audio description running on the ABC has come to a close, with the service suspended until further notice as the government deliberates on its future.
Sony’s 84-inch 4K-resolution BRAVIA XBR900 LED TV will cost a full $24,999 for anyone willing to lay down a pre-order at one of the company’s capital city branded stores.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Kogan Agora 4G Pro review: the final word on Kogan's best smartphone
- 2 Sony Xperia Z4 Tablet (LTE) review: The tablet of choice for anyone on Android
- 3 Bose SoundLink Mini II Bluetooth speaker review
- 4 Apple MacBook Air 2015 review: Only better with time
- 5 Lenovo ThinkPad T550 laptop
Join the PC World newsletter!
Deals on PC World
- Networking, Wireless & VoIP
Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- LG sneaks 4K OLED TVs into stores, from $5999
- Google, Apple streaming devices shake up the TV market
- Dick Smith slashes prices on tech from Apple, Samsung and more
- Panasonic Viera TV range for 2015: 4K, Netflix, and Firefox OS
- 15 Samsung UHD TVs launch with support for Netflix, Stan and Presto
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- FTDevOps Consultant - Microsoft Experience - Digital ConsultancyVIC
- FTDesktop Engineering ManagerNSW
- CCMarketing Coordinator - World's largest search engine!NSW
- CCAccount Strategist | Sales Executive | Global Search EngineNSW
- FTSenior Account Manager - PR AgencyNSW
- CCLead Generator - Software SolutionsNSW
- CCInternal Communications ExecutiveNSW
- FTBusiness Development Manager & Account ManagerVIC
- FTField EngineerNSW
- FTAccount Manager - PR AgencyNSW
- FTTechnical Sales Support Representative - The Worlds largest Search Engine!NSW