2012 was an exciting year for the television market. Prices fell significantly for existing technology, with edge-lit LED televisions dropping in price as they stole further market share from already dirt-cheap plasmas.
Early adopters who spend $25,000 on Sony's 84-inch Ultra High-Definition BRAVIA TV will have a handful of movies to watch on it as soon as it's plugged in -- in the US, at least.
Sony has some new competition in the next-generation Ultra HD video race. Digital video heavyweight RED has announced pre-orders of its Redray 4K Digital Cinema Player, an Internet-connected Ultra HD media player that will display ultra high-resoluti...
LG's plans to publicly sell the first Ultra High-Definition TV in Australia were thrown into disarray this morning, with an event planned with Harvey Norman cancelled at the last minute.
If you’re a savvy buyer, then you know that Christmas time is one of the best times in the calendar year to snag a bargain. The Christmas lead-up period, as well as Boxing Day sales, has proven in previous years to be fiercely competitive, and the bi...
Sony Australia has been in touch with a quick response to our inquiry into whether Australian 84-inch BRAVIA TV buyers can expect to get a free, as-yet-unannounced media 'delivery solution' that will display native Ultra High Definition video to the ...
One of LG’s LED TVs has snagged an award for its energy efficiency. The LM6700, a mid-range LED-backlit LCD TV, has received a Super-efficient Equipment and Appliance Deployment (SEAD) Award from an international, government-backed initiative of the ...
Sony USA has dropped a pre-CES hint to its plans for what it calls the‘4K Ultra HD’ format -- it will include “the world’s first 4K Ultra HD delivery solution” free with any purchase of its KD-84X9000 BRAVIA TV.
LG has introduced a Game World portal for its Smart TV service, bringing over 80 games to its 2012 range of Cinema 3D TVs. This move singles LG out as the only Smart TV provider with a significant library of tailor-made games available directly throu...
Samsung has let slip that it will be showing an 85-inch Ultra High-Definition TV at CES in Las Vegas in early January 2013.
The 13-week trial of audio description running on the ABC has come to a close, with the service suspended until further notice as the government deliberates on its future.
Sony’s 84-inch 4K-resolution BRAVIA XBR900 LED TV will cost a full $24,999 for anyone willing to lay down a pre-order at one of the company’s capital city branded stores.
The official nomenclature for the next generation of televisions has been confirmed -- Full HD is gone from the top of the pecking order, and Ultra HD has taken its place.
LG has kicked off this year’s Christmas promotional rush with an offer for any prospective TV buyer: buy a Cinema 3D TV, and get up to $1000 worth of movie tickets for free.
LG’s biggest, most detailed and most expensive television, the 84LM9600 Ultra Definition TV, will be available in Australia in mid-November for $15,999.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 HTC One (M8s) review: Better value for money than HTC's flagship
- 2 Apple MacBook (early 2015) review: Almost a game changer
- 3 Microsoft Surface 3 Windows 8.1 tablet
- 4 HP Spectre x360 convertible laptop
- 5 Panasonic Lumix DMC-FT30 Tough camera
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- Panasonic Viera TV range for 2015: 4K, Netflix, and Firefox OS
- 15 Samsung UHD TVs launch with support for Netflix, Stan and Presto
- LG goes big on 4K TVs, announces 17 new models up to 98-inches
- TVs are the linchpin in Samsung's Internet of Things future
- Sony to launch razor-thin Android TV
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- FTSenior Digital B2B Sales Manager | Household BrandNSW
- FTDigital Marketing Executive | GamingNSW
- CCMobile Designer / Developer - IOSNSW
- CCMobile Designer / Developer - IOSNSW
- FTSMB Direct Sales Account Executive | Largest Global Online MarketplaceNSW
- FTSenior SQL DBANSW
- FTSENIOR FORMS ANALYST (13767)QLD
- FTKey Account ManagerNSW