Sony and Panasonic have announced an agreement to collaborate to develop and produce large-sized OLED panels for use in TVs and professional displays.
TVs - News
Sharp Australia is airing a series of television commercials to promote its 70-inch LED TV, and will soon reveal an upcoming 80-inch LED TV. The new Sharp AQUOS LC80LE940X will be the largest TV in Australia when it’s launched in August.
Sony has officially announced the imminent release of its Google TV set-top box in Australia. The ‘Sony Internet Player with Google TV’ will initially be available exclusively as a bundle with premium Sony TVs.
LG’s EM9600 OLED TV will arrive in Australia in October with a $10,000 price tag attached, according to an advertising document sighted by Good Gear Guide.
Toshiba’s 2012 TV line-up sees passive 3D take pride of place in the company’s flagship model, with the previous darling active 3D relegated to cheaper models. Many of Toshiba’s new TVs also feature Wi-Fi Direct and the Toshiba Places Smart TV servic...
Back in April, Ikea announced it was going to produce furniture in its Uppleva range that included a built-in smart TV, speakers and even DVD or Blu-ray players. It's not due in the UK until later this year, but our colleagues at M3 in Sweden have go...
Cut-price electronics manufacturer Kogan has announced a $99 Smart TV dongle. Like the recently unveiled Sony Google TV set-top box, the Kogan gora Smart TV runs on Android 4.0 Ice Cream Sandwich, the latest version of Google’s smartphone- and tablet...
Sony is set to release a new Google TV set-top box in Australia which will be the first of its kind to be sold locally. The company has struggled to get traction with its Google TV products in the US, where the app-enabled boxes have proven unpopular...
An upcoming Google TV box based on Android 4.0 OS and an ARM processor will come closer to smartphones and tablets with the capability to play direct movie streams from Android 4.0 mobile devices, a set-top box maker said on Wednesday at the Computex...
Central and southern New South Wales, the Australian Capital Terrority and Murrumbidgee have completed the switchover to digital TV, turning off analog TV signals “forever” this morning.
Apple's expected foray into the crowded television set space could come sooner rather than later, based on the latest buzz about what the consumer electronics powerhouse may be planning.
Apple is planning to show off a new operating system for the Apple TV at the Worldwide Developers Conference, which kicks off 11 June. This new OS will run on the current Apple TV, as well as the HDTV Apple is planning to launch.
Apple CEO Tim Cook revealed that Apple has “some incredible things coming out,” and spent some time speaking about the television business, but he added that the company would “double down on secrecy on products”.
If you thought LG's 84in 4K HDTV was too crazy to be real, you probably won't believe in this insane 33-megapixel Super Hi-Vision-format camera.
The International Telecommunication Union has taken a big step towards the future of television broadcasting, with the release of a recommendation on the resolution of Ultra High Definition Television.
Gadgets & Things
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Finally! LG OLED TV 2016 range review
- 2 Huawei Nova Plus smartphone review
- 3 Apple iPhone 7 Plus review: including Portrait Mode
- 4 Google Daydream View VR full, in-depth review
- 5 Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: Phones just got smarter
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Sony’s Bravia XBR-A1E OLED could be the first flat-screen TV with sound that doesn’t suck
- Say goodbye to Apple's third-generation Apple TV
- Japan gears up for 8K TV broadcasting
- NHK's latest 8K display is large, thin and beautiful
- Japan starts 8K TV broadcasts in time for Rio Olympics
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- The top 10 best and worst tech gadgets and products of 2016
- TV of the year award 2016
- Best phone of the year 2016
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- FTBrand Marketing Manager - Premium Entertainment BrandNSW
- FTBusiness Development Manager - Queensland TerritoryQLD
- CCOrganisational Change ManagerACT
- TPProjects Planning ManagerQLD
- FTSystems Engineer - SCCM & Lync/Skype for BusinessQLD
- CCSenior PMO Analyst - ReportingNSW
- CCNetwork Design EngineerACT
- TPBI Report Developer - SSRS SSIS SSASNSW
- TPSenior PMO AnalystNSW
- CCTechnology Support Specialist - Multiple RolesSA
- FTLevel 2 Service DeskNSW
- TPIDAM ArchitectVIC
- FTNode.js/API DeveloperNSW
- CCChange Manager l Port Macquarie NSWNSW
- CCMid-level Java Developer / Programmer (Contract) Finance CBDNSW
- FTEnterprise Account ManagerACT
- CCFIS Connex Developer (Brisbane Based)NSW
- FTTechnical Content CoordinatorVIC
- TPSenior Test Analyst - DETEQLD
- CCCloud Solution Architect - Financial Services - Continuous IntegrationNSW
- FTTechnical Consultant MS Dynamics AXSA
- CCNetwork Design EngineerACT
- CCBiztalk DeveloperACT
- CCArcSight Security Engineer - Contract - IT Services - SydneyNSW