Pay TV operator Foxtel today announced that it would launch what it claimed was Australia's first 3D channel on 1 November, along with four new high definition channels.
You can jailbreak your iPhone, your iPod Touch, and your iPad, but what about your brand new Apple TV?
The Nine Network will launch a third free-to-air digital television channel called GEM, scheduled to begin broadcasting a day after Seven's launch of 7Mate.
Mitsubishi Electric will begin selling this month a modular display that can be built to almost any size by combining square display blocks. The screen is based on OLED (organic light-emitting diode) technology and is intended for advertising and pub...
SanDisk today announced a joint agreement with middleware vendor NDS MediaHighway that will allow it to sell its solid-state drives (SSD) to set-top box makers.
Sony plans to end manufacturing of televisions in Europe this year and will sell its TV manufacturing plant in Spain to two local companies, it said Tuesday. The move, which is part of Sony's ongoing restructuring, will increase the company's relianc...
Google CEO Eric Schmidt said Tuesday that the company will launch its TV service in the U.S. this fall.
As part of recent a demonstration of Google TV, Eric Schmidt said something that would probably make Steve Jobs cringe.
There were a lot of rumors and expectations ahead of Apple's much-hyped music event yesterday. As expected, Apple unveiled a new touch-based iPod Nano, and an iPod Touch sporting the company's A4 processor, its super-high-resolution Retina display, a...
Apple announced its second-generation Apple TV during a press event Wednesday, showing off the updated device, which streams movies from the Internet or mobile devices directly to TV sets.
Sony will launch a streaming music service, "Music Unlimited powered by Qriocity," by the end of the year, the company said Wednesday at the Internationale Funkaustellung (IFA) trade show in Berlin.
Most observers agree that more content is needed for 3D to take off in the living room. An important part will be self-generated, Panasonic said Wednesday at the Internationale Funkaustellung (IFA) trade show in Berlin.
Apple today introduced a dramatically smaller and less expensive Apple TV that streams rented movies and TV programs to high-definition television sets, making good on rumors that the company would push what CEO Steve Jobs has long called a "hobby" p...
Apple's new line-up of iPod music devices unveiled overnight in the US will hit Australia next week, the company announced this morning, although the nation will have to wait a little longer for the revamped Apple TV.
Television networks Channel Seven and Channel Nine have been granted temporary licences by regulator ACMA to broadcast the upcoming AFL and NRL grand final matches on a dedicated 3D channel.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 2 D-Link Taipan AC3200 Ultra tri-band modem-router review
- 3 Dell XPS 13 (2016) review: Making the very best Ultrabook
- 4 Microsoft Surface Book review: The verdict on Microsoft's first notebook
- 5 Telstra Wi-Fi 4GX Advanced III review: Testing the world's first 600Mbps wireless hotspot
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- Vizio’s latest 4K TVs make eye-popping HDR more affordable
- Netflix flips the switch on eye-popping HDR video streaming
- Sony’s pricey Ultra video-streaming service goes live today, but you'll need a new high-end 4K Sony TV to use it
- Foxconn to pay over $US6bn for a majority stake in Sharp
- LG releases first flat screen OLED TV in Australia
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- CCTechnical Service LeadNSW
- CCSystems Engineer - NV2ACT
- CCOracle Fusion SOA/BPEL DeveloperVIC
- FTSenior Java DeveloperWA
- CCOpen Source Specialist / Senior ConsultantQLD
- CCAWS Developer/LeadNSW
- CCService Provider Manager - DesktopVIC
- CCFront end and Full Stack DevelopersNSW
- CCInteractional Designer-Adobe Creative Cloud, SketchNSW
- CCSenior Business Analyst - NV1VIC
- FTTechnical/Solutions ArchitectNSW
- CCSystems Engineer - Wintel, VMWare and CitrixNSW
- FTSenior Network Engineer - Technical LeadACT
- CCSenior BA - Enterprise DataNSW
- FTSenior Programmer (Data Engineering)NSW
- FTNV2 Defence Project Manager | Major exciting White Paper projectsACT
- CCBusiness Analyst, AdviceNSW
- CCData Migration Quality Manager- SAP ECCNSW
- FTMid-Level Full-Stack Java DeveloperVIC
- CCHR Systems Support OfficerACT
- FTTechnical Lead | Senior Java DeveloperNSW
- CCChange Manager- ProcurementNSW
- CCDigital Content ProducerVIC
- CCSenior Business Analyst, Marketing SystemsNSW
- CCTransition Project ManagerNSW