The most exciting internet development since the internet itself - at least for Americans living in Kansas City - was the recent announcement of Google Fibre.
TVs - News
The Australian Competition and Consumer Commission has 'engaged in discussions' with Samsung, Sony, LG, Panasonic and Sharp over the companies' use of confusing terms surrounding Wi-Fi in Smart TVs and Blu-ray players.
Teac has launched its first full back-lit LED TV, the 32-inch DLE3289HD.
8,000 TVs, ovens, dishwashers and other appliances from three Retravision stores in receivership will go on auction in Victoria from tomorrow.
The 2012 London Olympic Games is finally here. If you’re in Australia, you’re able to stay in touch with every second of the Games -- there’s free-to-air TV, cable TV, online video, radio, websites and public video screens to occupy your time and att...
Bose has updated its VideoWave all-in-one TV-and-home-theatre-speaker system, with a new LED-backlit display and screen design for the just-announced VideoWave II. A larger 55in screen size also joins the existing 46in model.
PC World is running its 2012 Media Usage survey, quizzing you on your Internet browsing habits and media consumption. We're interested in learning more about how you view and share technology-related content and information. Your feedback will help u...
Panasonic has spoken out to reassure customers of its continued commitment to plasma TV technology, after rumours that its most popular model was being discontinued after only three months.
The Japanese electronics brand that once dominated that hearts and minds (not to mention wallets) of consumers is not quite as prolific these days as it was back then.
Internet-based electronics retailer Kogan has offered to assist customers who purchased TVs covered by extended warranties through failed provider United Warranties.
Foxtel has launched a streaming Internet TV subscription on some Samsung Smart TVs, with a range of channels at a much cheaper price than its existing cable service.
Toshiba has been fined $87 million for its role in a conspiracy to artificially raise the price of LCD panels, but the company doesn't expect it will have to make any payments.
The ABC's popular iview video on demand service is now available on iPhones as well as iPads, thanks to a revitalised, universal iOS app.
Australia’s analog TV broadcasts will end quietly on the unceremonious date of 10 December 2013, as the last round of digital TV switchover dates have been announced.
Sony and Panasonic have announced an agreement to collaborate to develop and produce large-sized OLED panels for use in TVs and professional displays.
Gadgets & Things
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Finally! LG OLED TV 2016 range review
- 2 Google Daydream View VR full, in-depth review
- 3 Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: Phones just got smarter
- 4 Apple iPhone 7 Plus review: including Portrait Mode
- 5 MSI GS70 laptop review
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Say goodbye to Apple's third-generation Apple TV
- Japan gears up for 8K TV broadcasting
- NHK's latest 8K display is large, thin and beautiful
- Japan starts 8K TV broadcasts in time for Rio Olympics
- Android TV's universal search feature finally works with Netflix
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- The top 10 best and worst tech gadgets and products of 2016
- TV of the year award 2016
- Best phone of the year 2016
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- CCChange or Project Manager- Electrical Network EngineeringNSW
- CCIteration Manager / Scrum MasterOther
- FTOracle IDM R1/R2 Implementation SpecialistNSW
- FTEnterprise Architect - BusinessQLD
- FTTechnical Business AnalystNSW
- FTDevOps/L2 Support EngineerVIC
- FTSenior WebSphere Portal Technical LeadVIC
- CCJava API DeveloperTAS
- CCSenior Software Engineer - C/C++NSW
- CCService Desk OfficerSA
- FTSecurity AdministratorVIC
- FTServicing Financial Planner - CBDNSW
- FTSOE Team LeaderWA
- FTSENIOR DEVELOPERQLD
- FTEnd Point Security AdministratorACT
- FTSenior Financial Planner - BallaratVIC
- FTWinforms Developer - European Integration ProgramVIC
- TPSHAREPOINT SPECIALISTQLD
- CCBI/DW Lead DeveloperVIC
- FTSolution DesignerVIC
- FTIT Software Asset Management CoordinatorWA
- TPSenior Engineer-UNIXVIC
- FTEnterprise ArchitectACT
- CCIteration Manager - DigitalNSW
- FTSenior Business AnalystSA