The Panasonic TH-P50X10A plasma television is cheap and large, offering 50 inches of screen real estate for significantly less than $2000. It has good contrast and motion handling, but sharpness and detail suffer when compared to Full HD TVs.
The Kogan PRO-22 is a high-definition, 22in LCD television with a built-in DVD player, USB and SD/MMC/MS card support and an acceptable HDTV tuner.
The Sanyo LCD32XR9DA is a reasonably priced 32in LCD television with a high brightness level and good up-scaling of low resolution sources. This makes it a good choice for anyone wanting to watch their DVDs on a new screen without breaking the bank.
The Laser DVBT-ST35 is a 3.5in portable LCD TV with a touch screen and an internal digital television tuner and aerial. It has a rechargeable battery, so you can use it to watch TV on the move, but a poor internal antenna means the unit is only usefu...
The Toshiba 19DV615Y is a 19in LCD television with an integrated DVD player. It has good picture quality for its size and the multimedia features are easy to use. If it was cheaper, we’d have no problems recommending it over competitors.
The Sharp LC40LB700X is a 40in LED-backlit LCD television with great picture quality, vivid colours and an integrated Blu-ray disc player. It’s the most powerful all-in-one television we’ve seen, and its sharp and colourful images help to make it a g...
The Teac LCDV2655HD is a 26in LCD television with an integrated DVD player, a high-definition resolution and a simple interface.
The LG 50PS80ED is a good 50in plasma television for anyone who watches a lot of broadcast television and wants something that looks great. It has a few features that set it apart from the crowd, including an internal hard drive.
The Sony Bravia KDL32W5500 is a Full HD 32in LCD television with multimedia features, good picture quality and a modern design. It’s one of the best mid-size LCD screens we’ve tested, but its price is double that of some other 32in TVs we’ve seen.
Kogan’s 1080P-32 is a good mid-size LCD television for a budget buyer. It has picture quality good enough to enjoy Blu-ray movies, although you’ll need a separate sound system to really get the most out of them.
The Teco TAL2226 is a 22in LCD television that is well suited as a backup screen in a study or bedroom; it is sufficient for casual television watching.
The Sony Bravia KDL52Z5500 is a 52in LCD television with a 200Hz refresh rate. It’s the successor to the Bravia KDL52Z4500, with a new video processor and improved multimedia playback. The TV gives you a lot of control over motion control and picture...
The Hisense HL119V88PZ is a budget 47in LCD TV with a 100Hz mode. Marketed at a very reasonable price, it’s a big screen with decent picture quality, although enthusiasts would be well advised to look further afield.
The Hisense HL81V68P is a 32in (81cm) LCD television aimed at budget buyers. It’s not as advanced as TVs from the big-name brands but it has acceptable picture quality for the casual viewer.
The Sony XEL-1 is an OLED television with an 11in screen and a price-tag of $7000. While this combination guarantees it will only make it onto the sprawling mahogany desks of ultra-rich executives, there’s little doubt that it has the best picture qu...
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 2 BlackBerry Priv review: When old habits die hard
- 3 Dell XPS 13 (2016) review: Making the very best Ultrabook
- 4 Microsoft Surface Book review: The verdict on Microsoft's first notebook
- 5 Google Nexus 6P review: An outstanding multimedia machine
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- CES 2016: Top 10 trends
- Smart TVs at risk from cyber crooks, report finds
- HiSense keeps the Sharp name alive with a slew of new big-screen TVs
- All Samsung smart TVs will be 'IoT-ready' in 2016
- UPDATED: LG faces court for misleading customers
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- FTPrograme ManagerNSW
- FTProgram ManagerNSW
- FTSenior Front End Developer Required Working World Leading Digital TeamVIC
- CCContract Programmer (Crystal Reports/JAVA/SQL) 160129/P/vhs-cAsia
- CCEnterprise Architect - Network & InfrastructureNSW
- CCData AnalystNSW
- CCInformation Security ManagerNSW
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (JAVA/J2EE/SQL) 160205/AP/541Asia
- FTSenior .NET DeveloperVIC
- CCSenior Project Manager - Cloud / Telecommunications (Melb CBD)VIC
- CCBusiness AnalystQLD
- FTBusiness Intelligence AnalystVIC
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (JAVA/Oracle/UNIX) 160203/AP/381Asia
- FTProject Coordinator - My Learning Space (Oracle iLearning)NSW
- FTProject Manager | SharePoint, Office 365 SkillsVIC
- CCFront End Developer - MelbourneVIC
- CCSenior Business Analyst, Online Gaming SystemsNSW
- CCSenior Information Security SpecialistNSW
- CCSolutions ArchitectNSW
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (Java, Oracle ADF) 160115/AP/vhsAsia
- FTUX Front-End DeveloperWA
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (MS.Net/Visual Basic) 160129/AP/vtdAsia
- FTTechnical Lead (C#/.Net)NSW
- CCDesktop Support L1, 2 & 3NSW
- CCTechnical Lead - .NET TechnologiesACT