The Sony Bravia KDL46WE5 LCD TV is the Japanese electronic giant’s latest attempt at an energy-efficient television. But while it has green credentials, it’s not nearly as pretty as other Sony televisions.
TVs - Reviews
LG's 42in 42LH50YD is the company’s first attempt at a 200Hz LCD television. It's a competent panel that offers good motion control. Picture quality is good for the asking price, with vibrant colours and sharp detail.
Panasonic’s Premiere Series plasma televisions, the 50in TH-50VX100W and 65in TH-65VX100W, provide exceptional picture quality. However, installation is more of a hassle than with most TVs. If you’re going to the trouble of setting up a home theatre,...
The 42in Sharp LC42D77X LCD television uses a traditional fluorescent backlight and offers 100Hz motion smoothing. It has good colour accuracy, motion handling and a crisp picture, but the multimedia features other companies are starting to implement...
The Sony Bravia KDL40ZX1 is a Full HD LCD television that uses a high-definition wireless media streamer for delivering video. It is a great demonstration of the direction LCD television technology is taking and it comes highly recommended -- if you ...
The Pioneer KURO PDP-C509A is a 50in television that utilises the ninth and final generation of Pioneer’s KURO plasma panel technology. Despite having a price half that of the company's flagship KURO PDP-LX609A, it delivers almost-peerless picture qu...
The Samsung Series 8 (PS50B850) is a fantastic 50in plasma television. Along with the usual range of in-built multimedia features, plenty of inputs and great design, Samsung’s latest premium plasma television is up there with market leaders in terms ...
The Samsung Series 7 (UA46B7100) 46in LED television is an impressive model in almost all respects. Great picture quality, its design and its integrated features combine to make a TV we wouldn’t hesitate to recommend.
The 47in Tyagi 4728 LCD television has acceptable picture quality for watching TV or DVD movies, but its bland design and low dynamic contrast may turn off enthusiasts or anyone with a Blu-ray movie collection.
The days of boxy, black, uninspiring TVs appear to be behind us. With manufacturers realising that a flat panel TV is also a fashion statement, all the latest units come with their fair share of coloured bezels, glass frames and chrome mags with bonu...
The Kogan KEVIN37 37-inch LCD television received a lot of publicity because of its novel advertising campaign and stimulus package-friendly price point. It is a great all-round budget television package for the price, with picture quality similar to...
The LG 42PQ60D is a mid-level 42in plasma television with great contrast and brightness. Due to a non-standard resolution it struggles when displaying input from a PC, but for standard- and high-definition digital television and Blu-ray discs it perf...
The Sony Bravia KDL46EX1 is a thin and stylish Full HD LCD television that has decent but not spectacular picture quality, a good range of multimedia features and a great design.
The Panasonic TH-50PZ850A is a pretty good value, especially in view of its generous array of extra features. Not only can it display your pictures and run your videos off its SD card slot, but this set also does an adequate, though not extraordinary...
The LG 50PG30FD is an inexpensive plasma HDTV with stylish looks. Its design and its range of inputs (including three HDMI ports) will attract attention, but this model's image quality is only average.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: Phones just got smarter
- 2 Sony Xperia XZ review: turbo-charged last-gen phone
- 3 Sony X9300D and X8500D UHD 4K TV review
- 4 Hisense Series 7 ULED 4K UHD TV review
- 5 Moto X Force review: Leading features from a mid-range phone
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Say goodbye to Apple's third-generation Apple TV
- Japan gears up for 8K TV broadcasting
- NHK's latest 8K display is large, thin and beautiful
- Japan starts 8K TV broadcasts in time for Rio Olympics
- Android TV's universal search feature finally works with Netflix
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: The new best Android phone
- Japan Robot, gadget and car expo slideshow
- Panasonic DX900U UHD 4K smart TV review: Best all-round TV ever?
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- FTXamarin DeveloperQLD
- FTSenior .Net Software EngineerVIC
- CCProject SchedulerSA
- CCTest Engineer - BankingQLD
- FTPortfolio ManagerVIC
- CCDigital Producer - 3 Month Contract Immediate Start!NSW
- CCAgile Iteration ManagerNSW
- FTNetwork Specialist - Palo Alto FirewallsVIC
- CCIteration Manager - Telco - Melbourne CBDVIC
- CCNetwork and Security Design EngineerNSW
- FTDevOps EngineerVIC
- FTJunior Java DevelopersACT
- CCSAP Lumira ConsultantWA
- CCIT Senior Systems Administrator- Server Patching RemediationNSW
- FTMicrosoft Dynamics AX Manufacturing ConsultantNSW
- CCService Analyst (12-month contract)Asia
- CCDefence Opportunities - Baseline, NV1 or NV2SA
- TPFrontend DeveloperNSW
- TPSenior Android DeveloperNSW
- CCSenior Developer - C++/Perl/PythonNSW
- TPSenior Analyst|Progress ProgrammerQLD
- CCStrategy AnalystVIC
- CCTesting Business Analyst (Gold Coast based)QLD
- CCNetwork and Security ArchitectNSW
- TPDev Ops SpecialistWA