The Sony Bravia KDL46EX1 is a thin and stylish Full HD LCD television that has decent but not spectacular picture quality, a good range of multimedia features and a great design.
The Panasonic TH-50PZ850A is a pretty good value, especially in view of its generous array of extra features. Not only can it display your pictures and run your videos off its SD card slot, but this set also does an adequate, though not extraordinary...
The LG 50PG30FD is an inexpensive plasma HDTV with stylish looks. Its design and its range of inputs (including three HDMI ports) will attract attention, but this model's image quality is only average.
The LG 52LG70YD is a no-frills LCD HDTV that produces good-looking images. It bears a family resemblance to its plasma sibling, the LG 50PG30FD, but the LG Electronics 52LG70YD LCD HDTV is clearly the more advanced model.
The Toshiba 40CV550A is a mid-range LCD television that displays 1080p content crisply and vibrantly. Power-saving features lower its overall running costs, but a few problems with the default settings mean that you will need to customise the 40CV550...
The Pioneer Kuro PDP-LX609A is an excellent plasma television that we think will remain the benchmark for a long time to come.
Samsung has announced three new LED-backlit television series.
The Sony BRAVIA KDL55XBR45 LCD television is a 55in panel with LED backlighting, Full HD 1080p resolution and a striking 'floating glass' design. This is a great recipe for a class-leading LCD television, although it does have a high price-tag.
The Kogan 1080P-47 LCD TV has a much lower price tag than you would expect given the impressive image quality. It offers a 100Hz mode, dynamic contrast and digital noise reduction.
The Tyagi 3788 is a simple, no-frills LCD television without the complex features of more expensive models. Its picture quality is acceptable — it's similar to older mid-range panels we have seen.
The Toshiba REGZA 46XV560A 1080p LCD television has all the trimmings and a great quality panel. If you can spend a little time tweaking the colour, contrast and brightness settings, you will be impressed with this television.
Sharp’s LC-46D85X is a full HD 1080p LCD television with 100Hz technology that combines a classy, understated design with a simple interface and great picture quality.
The Tyagi 2298 LCD television is a 22in panel suitable for smaller living spaces. A built-in DVD player means your movie collection is easily accessible, while multiple digital inputs let it double as a PC monitor. It does not produce a brilliant pic...
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Sony Xperia Z4 Tablet (LTE) review: The tablet of choice for anyone on Android
- 2 Bose SoundLink Mini II Bluetooth speaker review
- 3 Apple MacBook Air 2015 review: Only better with time
- 4 HTC One (M8s) review: Better value for money than HTC's flagship
- 5 ZTE Blade S6 review: A dual-SIM, 4G smartphone for less than $300
Join the PC World newsletter!
Deals on PC World
- Networking, Wireless & VoIP
Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- Google, Apple streaming devices shake up the TV market
- Dick Smith slashes prices on tech from Apple, Samsung and more
- Panasonic Viera TV range for 2015: 4K, Netflix, and Firefox OS
- 15 Samsung UHD TVs launch with support for Netflix, Stan and Presto
- LG goes big on 4K TVs, announces 17 new models up to 98-inches
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- CCDrupal DeveloperNSW
- FTAccount Manager - PR AgencyNSW
- FTMedia and Communications AdvisorACT
- CCInternal Communications ExecutiveNSW
- CCInternal Communications AdvisorNSW
- FTSenior Account Manager - PR AgencyNSW
- CCSenior Drupal DeveloperNSW
- FTPR & Corporate Affairs ManagerNSW
- FTTechnical Sales Support Representative - The Worlds largest Search Engine!NSW