The Panasonic VIERA VT50A is the company’s top plasma TV for 2012, although the company is pushing its WT50A LED TV as its overall best model. The VT50A is one step up from the Panasonic ST50A, which will be extremely hard to beat for both value and ...
The new Foxtel Internet TV service, available on Samsung Smart TVs, is a streaming IPTV service that uses your Internet connection instead of a Foxtel cable. It’s much cheaper and more flexible than traditional Foxtel, and still offers a decent chann...
Samsung's Series 7 LED TV is a step down from the range-topping Series 8, but it doesn't make many sacrifices for the $500 saving.
Panasonic has begun a swing away from its mainstay plasmas towards thinner, more power-friendly LED TVs in 2012, although its top television is still a plasma -- but the range-topping VT50A is at least $3799 for the 55-inch, and a painful $5999 for t...
The Panasonic TH-P50ST50A, a 50-inch Full HD 3D-ready plasma, is the second best TV in Panasonic’s 2012 line-up. Although the company is slowly shifting away from plasma to LED (and eventually OLED) technology, the ST50A might prove to be the best va...
Samsung’s latest range of LED and plasma TVs offer incremental upgrades in picture quality and performance, but also include a new and innovative approach to controlling the TV -- voice recognition and motion control. These features, and plenty of ne...
The Sony BRAVIA HX850 is the newest model in Sony’s 2012 TV line-up, and is the second most expensive TV on offer. It’s got a slightly higher price than the comparable Samsung ES7500 and LG LM8600. It has excellent picture quality in both preset and ...
The Kogan 24in Full HD LED TV is, as the name suggests, a Full HD 1080p TV with a 24in screen size. This makes it a good size for a study, bedroom or child’s play room, and it’s very attractively priced as well.
LG has just released its 2012 line-up of LED and plasma TVs, and the LM9600 is the pick of the bunch. It’s a 55in or 47in LED TV with a full array of LEDs arranged as a backlight, allowing local dimming that turns off in dark screen areas and stays b...
The Sony Personal 3D Viewer (HMZ-T1) is a head-mounted display that uses a 720p OLED screen in front of each eye, creating a crosstalk-free 3D effect. It’s somewhat difficult to set up correctly and can be uncomfortable. If you get it right, though, ...
The Panasonic VIERA TH-P50UT30A is the company’s cheapest 3D plasma TV, and its second cheapest 3D TV overall. It’s cheap when you consider that for less than a $1000 (street price) you get a 50in current-generation plasma panel with a 2000000:1 cont...
The Sony BRAVIA EX720 is the cheapest LED TV series in Sony’s lineup that can display 3D video. It has good picture quality specs -- an impressive contrast ratio and 200Hz refresh rate -- but it requires significant picture adjustment to look its bes...
Sharp has been quiet in the TV scene for the last year, after its initial push of Quattron LED TVs. While the company has kept up with most market trends (3D, 200Hz, USB ports) it hasn’t paid much attention to the swathe of video-on-demand and IPTV s...
The VIERA TH-P65VT30A is the biggest, best, most powerful and most expensive television in Panasonic’s consumer plasma TV line-up. The model number denotes its 65in screen -- the largest you’ll find a plasma or LED -- and the VT30A model range, which...
Ohki's 42" Full HD 3D TV with PVR: exactly what it says on the label. For the TV's wallet-friendly $699 price tag, you get a 42in passive-3D LCD TV (no LED backlight, unfortunately), space-age remote control and four pairs of passive 3D glasses. The ...
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Kogan Agora 4G Pro review: the final word on Kogan's best smartphone
- 2 Sony Xperia Z4 Tablet (LTE) review: The tablet of choice for anyone on Android
- 3 Bose SoundLink Mini II Bluetooth speaker review
- 4 Apple MacBook Air 2015 review: Only better with time
- 5 Lenovo ThinkPad T550 laptop
Join the PC World newsletter!
Deals on PC World
- Networking, Wireless & VoIP
Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- LG sneaks 4K OLED TVs into stores, from $5999
- Google, Apple streaming devices shake up the TV market
- Dick Smith slashes prices on tech from Apple, Samsung and more
- Panasonic Viera TV range for 2015: 4K, Netflix, and Firefox OS
- 15 Samsung UHD TVs launch with support for Netflix, Stan and Presto
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- FTField EngineerNSW
- CCLead Generator - Software SolutionsNSW
- FTTechnical Sales Support Representative - The Worlds largest Search Engine!NSW
- FTBusiness Development Manager & Account ManagerVIC
- CCMarketing Coordinator - World's largest search engine!NSW
- FTDevOps Consultant - Microsoft Experience - Digital ConsultancyVIC
- FTSenior Network EngineerNSW
- CCAccount Strategist | Sales Executive | Global Search EngineNSW
- FTDesktop Engineering ManagerNSW