By settling a lawsuit with book authors and publishers this week, Google is looking out for itself and has avoided fighting for and possibly establishing a positive legal precedent for copyright fair use on the Internet.
Web & You - News
The overseer of the Internet's addressing system said on Wednesday it will delay shutting down a dodgy Estonian domain registrar pending a review.
U.S. online advertising, the motor that fuels most Internet companies large and small, including Google, Yahoo, Facebook and MySpace, has seen its growth lose significant speed in the first half of this year.
Two Princeton University academics have found a type of coding flaw on several prominent Web sites that could jeopardize personal data and in one alarming case, drain a bank account.
European Telecommunications Commissioner Viviane Reding won glowing praise for her vision of the Internet 3.0 Monday from Vint Cerf, one of the creators of the Web and now Google's vice president and chief Internet evangelist.
Microsoft said on Tuesday that the next version of its Silverlight media player, due early next year, will be able to play live high-definition video encoded for rival Adobe Systems' Flash player.
Google is considering allowing users of its search engine to tinker with query results by re-ranking them and commenting on them.
Web 2.0 combined with increased broadband presence has the power to re-fuel e-commerce, according to a recent Paul Budde report.
Online auctioneer eBay Inc. will stop supporting Microsoft Corp.'s .Net Passport identification system by the end of January.
If you're beset by icons that appear in the system tray without warning, or by pop-up ads that run even when your browser isn't open, or by a mysteriously reconfigured browser, you aren't alone. The culprits--among them MemoryMeter and Rapidblaster--...
While the war in Iraq is unprecedented in supporting timely reports from the front lines, much of the online activity surrounding the conflict has a familiar tone. Besides the expected digital humor and free expression, pervasive scam artists are sei...
Aiming to help Internet users fight the rising levels of spam hitting their inbox, the Australian Internet Industry Association announced on Wednesday it is offering consumers a free one-month trial of a range of antispam software products.
Originators of the squatted URL that provoked Westpac Banking Corporation into calling in the Australian Federal Police have posted a blog denying involvement in the circulation of a hoax e-mail at the centre of the dispute.
Overwhelmed and annoyed, e-mail users worldwide are uniting to stamp out the increased flow of spam targeting inboxes and inundating computer networks with dubious business offers, miracle drug claims and increasingly naughty and offensive propositio...
What do you do with a warehouse full of outdated software? Simple--put it up for auction online with a starting bid of US$250,000.
Lexar® JumpDrive® S57 USB 3.0 flash drive
Smart LED Bulb LB130
Samsung portable 1TB T3 drive
Linksys AC5400 MU-MIMO Gigabit router
Everki ContemPRO Roll Top Laptop Backpack
Microsoft L5V-00027 Sculpt Ergonomic Keyboard Desktop
Epson EcoTank Expression ET-2500
UE Boom 2 Bluetooth speaker
Lexar® Portable SSD
Huawei Mate 9
Acer Swift 7
Logitech G403 Prodigy mouse
Google Daydream VR headset
3SIXT Ultra HD Sports Action Camera
Belkin MIXIT Metallic Lightning to USB Cable
Lexar® JumpDrive® S45 USB 3.0 flash drive
Blade 28 backpack by Arc’teryx
Lexar® Professional 1800x microSDHC™/microSDXC™ UHS-II cards
Dell XPS 13 laptop
Dell Inspiron 5000 series 2-in-1
Lexar® JumpDrive® C20c USB Type-C flash drive
Audio-Technica ATH-ANC70 Noise Cancelling Headphones
HP Pavilion x360 13”
Surface Pro 4
Garmin Fenix Chronos smartwatch
HD Pan/Tilt Wi-Fi Camera with Night Vision NC450
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Huawei Mate 9 full in-depth smartphone review
- 2 ZTE Axon 7 review: Is ZTE dumping old stock on Australia?
- 3 Oppo R9s smartphone full review
- 4 Finally! LG OLED TV 2016 range review
- 5 Huawei Nova Plus smartphone review
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- In Google book settlement, business trumps ideals
- ICANN delays shutting down spammy Estonian registrar
- US online ad growth slows in 2008's first half
- Prominent Web sites found to have serious coding flaw
- EU wants to take lead in 'Web 3.0' technology
PCW Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- How to quit Pokemon Go (or to start enjoying it again)
- Huawei Mate 9 full in-depth smartphone review
- Time to ditch Foxtel and the iQ3: How to replace Foxtel packages with cheaper alternatives
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- TPBusiness Intelligence Program ManagerVIC
- TPSharePoint AnalystQLD
- TPProject Technical LeadQLD
- CCNetwork Specialist - IPAM TelcoVIC
- FTData AnalystQLD
- CCIT Solutions ArchitectQLD
- FTApplication Support SpecialistNSW
- FTDevelopment Manager - SaaSQLD
- TPSenior Analyst Programmer - ContractQLD
- CCIntegration DeveloperNSW
- CCProject Specialist l Large Media Capital Investment ProgramNSW
- TPSenior Project CoordinatorNSW
- CCERP Business Analyst (Time Capture/ Management) - Contract - Sydney CBDNSW
- CCBPM DeveloperVIC
- TPSystem AdministratorVIC
- CCDesktop Engineer l WollongongNSW
- CCSenior Storage System Engineer -NetApp & TSMNSW
- FTDynamics AX Functional Consultant (Manufacturing and Trade & Logistics Modules)NSW
- CCSystem EngineerSA
- FTAnalyst Programmer (Natural/Adabas)SA
- CCDesktop Engineer l WollongongNSW
- CCDeployment EngineerSA
- CCSecurity AnalystACT
- FTCitrix EngineerNSW
- TP.Net DeveloperSA