By settling a lawsuit with book authors and publishers this week, Google is looking out for itself and has avoided fighting for and possibly establishing a positive legal precedent for copyright fair use on the Internet.
Web & You - News
The overseer of the Internet's addressing system said on Wednesday it will delay shutting down a dodgy Estonian domain registrar pending a review.
U.S. online advertising, the motor that fuels most Internet companies large and small, including Google, Yahoo, Facebook and MySpace, has seen its growth lose significant speed in the first half of this year.
Two Princeton University academics have found a type of coding flaw on several prominent Web sites that could jeopardize personal data and in one alarming case, drain a bank account.
European Telecommunications Commissioner Viviane Reding won glowing praise for her vision of the Internet 3.0 Monday from Vint Cerf, one of the creators of the Web and now Google's vice president and chief Internet evangelist.
Microsoft said on Tuesday that the next version of its Silverlight media player, due early next year, will be able to play live high-definition video encoded for rival Adobe Systems' Flash player.
Google is considering allowing users of its search engine to tinker with query results by re-ranking them and commenting on them.
Web 2.0 combined with increased broadband presence has the power to re-fuel e-commerce, according to a recent Paul Budde report.
Online auctioneer eBay Inc. will stop supporting Microsoft Corp.'s .Net Passport identification system by the end of January.
If you're beset by icons that appear in the system tray without warning, or by pop-up ads that run even when your browser isn't open, or by a mysteriously reconfigured browser, you aren't alone. The culprits--among them MemoryMeter and Rapidblaster--...
While the war in Iraq is unprecedented in supporting timely reports from the front lines, much of the online activity surrounding the conflict has a familiar tone. Besides the expected digital humor and free expression, pervasive scam artists are sei...
Aiming to help Internet users fight the rising levels of spam hitting their inbox, the Australian Internet Industry Association announced on Wednesday it is offering consumers a free one-month trial of a range of antispam software products.
Originators of the squatted URL that provoked Westpac Banking Corporation into calling in the Australian Federal Police have posted a blog denying involvement in the circulation of a hoax e-mail at the centre of the dispute.
Overwhelmed and annoyed, e-mail users worldwide are uniting to stamp out the increased flow of spam targeting inboxes and inundating computer networks with dubious business offers, miracle drug claims and increasingly naughty and offensive propositio...
What do you do with a warehouse full of outdated software? Simple--put it up for auction online with a starting bid of US$250,000.
Gadgets & Things
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Finally! LG OLED TV 2016 range review
- 2 Google Daydream View VR full, in-depth review
- 3 Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: Phones just got smarter
- 4 Apple iPhone 7 Plus review: including Portrait Mode
- 5 MSI GS70 laptop review
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- In Google book settlement, business trumps ideals
- ICANN delays shutting down spammy Estonian registrar
- US online ad growth slows in 2008's first half
- Prominent Web sites found to have serious coding flaw
- EU wants to take lead in 'Web 3.0' technology
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- TV of the year award 2016
- Best phone of the year 2016
- Google Daydream View VR full, in-depth review
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- CCData Analyst - Excel focusedNSW
- CCSenior Software Engineer Developer | 6mthsVIC
- CCMicrosoft Dynamics AX Functional Consultant Advanced Warehouse ManagementVIC
- CCTest Lead : Perth BasedNSW
- CCOnsite Level 2 Desktop SupportNSW
- FTLevel 3 Managed Services ConsultantNSW
- CCWeb Designer or Visual Interactional DesignerNSW
- FTPractice AdvisorNSW
- CCSenior Project EngineerNSW
- FTSenior Project ManagerNSW
- CCPerformance Test AnalystACT
- CCDigital Producer | 3 Month Contract roleNSW
- TPProject Coordinator. Business Process Improvement ProgramNSW
- CCCloud Automation Engineer. Work Location - CanberraNSW
- FTPortal Project ManagerNSW
- FTUX DesignerVIC
- CCSolution Designer - Investment/Trading PlatformNSW
- CCWintel Server SupportACT
- CCActive Directory EngineerNSW
- CCMainframe Developer (with ASP.NET)SA
- CCWeb DesignerNSW
- CCBusiness AnalystNSW
- FTIdentity Management Team LeaderQLD
- CCProduct Manager - Life Insurance (Fixed-Term)VIC
- CCHadoop DeveloperSA