Want to idle away a few minutes--or hours? These sites will help you test your knowledge, name that tune, or write a haiku. You'll wonder where the time went.
Web & You
Whatever happened to the Evolution of Dance guy or that kid who loved Britney Spears so much he cried for her under his sheet? We'll fill you in on what happened to them and other Web celebrities when their 15 minutes of fame ended.
A quick taste of Google's new browser
Lots of Web 2.0 sites are great. But for every Flickr, there's a Drivl (really!). Here are a few of the new Web's silliest ideas.
A group of former Google engineers have banded together to form what they hope will be a new superpower in Internet search engines.
Unveiled on the company's Google Maps Web site today, Google Street View is an amazingly comprehensive photographic guide to almost all Australia's major roads and cities. We go for a little test drive...
Apple Inc. announced the latest iteration of its mobile phone, the iPhone 3G.
Wrath of the Lich King is the second expansion to the world's most popular massively multiplayer online role playing game, following on from the successful Burning Crusade. Planned upgrades include a rise in the level cap to 80, new Hero classes, and plenty of new content for new and veteran players alike. Check out this slideshow for all the latest pictures of the new environments and battlegrounds.
Metal Gear Online is an upcoming online multiplayer spin-off of the Metal Gear stealth/action game series from Konami. MGO will see players work in teams of up to 16 to complete cooperative missions and battles, as well as fighting independently in deathmatch modes. The game is set to be released for the Playstation 3 in June, so strap on your night-vision goggles and check out this slideshow.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Kogan Agora 4G Pro review: the final word on Kogan's best smartphone
- 2 Sony Xperia Z4 Tablet (LTE) review: The tablet of choice for anyone on Android
- 3 Bose SoundLink Mini II Bluetooth speaker review
- 4 Apple MacBook Air 2015 review: Only better with time
- 5 Lenovo ThinkPad T550 laptop
Join the PC World newsletter!
Deals on PC World
- Networking, Wireless & VoIP
Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- In Google book settlement, business trumps ideals
- ICANN delays shutting down spammy Estonian registrar
- US online ad growth slows in 2008's first half
- Prominent Web sites found to have serious coding flaw
- EU wants to take lead in 'Web 3.0' technology
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- FTBusiness Development Manager & Account ManagerVIC
- CCInternal Communications ExecutiveNSW
- FTField EngineerNSW
- FTDesktop Engineering ManagerNSW
- FTSenior Account Manager - PR AgencyNSW
- FTAccount Manager - PR AgencyNSW
- CCMarketing Coordinator - World's largest search engine!NSW
- CCAccount Strategist | Sales Executive | Global Search EngineNSW
- CCLead Generator - Software SolutionsNSW
- FTDevOps Consultant - Microsoft Experience - Digital ConsultancyVIC
- FTTechnical Sales Support Representative - The Worlds largest Search Engine!NSW