While the biggest new feature in Windows 8 is the Start screen, some changes have also been implemented on the Desktop. In particular, the menus in Windows Explorer now use the Ribbon interface.
You'll get the most out of Windows 8 if you have a computer with a touchscreen, and particularly a tablet or hybrid-style Ultrabook. Using your finger to navigate the operating system is very easy once you learn all the necessary gestures.
Mobile printing has never been easier. For a busy office, reliable and easy-to-use tools are essential. Samsung's latest smart printers are equipped for wireless printing from mobile devices. Find out more about what is all about.
Just as you can use a mouse to navigate around the Windows 8 interface, you can also use your notebook's touchpad to perform click-and-drag operations to close and manipulate apps.
The Windows 8 interface has been designed with touchscreens in mind, but it's also possible to navigate it effectively using a keyboard and a mouse. In fact, if you don't have a touchscreen computer, and even if you never plan on getting one, you can...
The most daunting aspect of Windows 8 is its radically changed interface. There is no Windows Start Menu button on the Desktop and when you boot to the new operating system, the first screen you see is not the Desktop, but the new Start screen instea...
This book will guide you through some of the new features that you can expect to find in Windows 8, including the all-important Start screen. We'll also talk a little about some of the new types of computers that are available for Windows 8, and whet...
Latest News Articles
- LTE network for US public safety taking it one step at a time
- Phone unlocking bill clears US House, next step is president's signature
- Oracle's new in-memory database option could spark unanticipated costs, expert warns
- Bose sues Beats over headphone patents
- SEC drops probe into Facebook's pre-IPO sales disclosures
Most Popular Articles
- 1 What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- 2 Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- 3 Windows 7 Home Premium vs. Windows 7 Professional
- 4 How to play DVD movies on your Nintendo Wii
- 5 How do I connect my TV to the Internet?
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
Best Deals on GoodGearGuide
- Notebooks View all »
- 22% off $309
- $797.95 free shipping
- 72% off $8.98
- Tablets View all »
- Mobile Phones View all »
- TVs View all »
- Digital Cameras View all »