Acer has posted the highest level of growth among top PC makers, recording double digit growth despite a 1.4 per cent overall decline.
An update to Windows 8 is in the works, codenamed Windows Blue.
Microsoft has sold more than 60 million [m] Windows 8 licenses so far, a number that is "roughly" in line with the performance of Windows 7 at the same stage of its release three years ago, according to Tami Reller, CFO and CMO of the Windows Divisio...
Windows 8 notebooks apparently didn't create a lot of cheer around the Christmas tree this holiday season.
Dell doesn’t plan on returning to the Android smartphone market any time soon, announcing that it will focus instead on creating Windows 8 touch-enabled computers and tablets.
Holiday shoppers hoping to buy a hybrid Windows 8 notebook - those half laptop and half tablet devices - will be sadly disappointed.
Microsoft is betting the farm on the success of Windows 8--its new and radically different operating system.
Although Microsoft is just getting started with its 2012 Surface tablets, the company plans to launch three new devices in the next year, according to a well-known source of leaks.
Upgrading to a new operating system can be an intimidating undertaking that massively disrupts your daily workflow. And considering the dramatic interface changes introduced in Windows 8, you may not want to invest in Microsoft's latest OS without fi...
Microsoft last week answered more questions about its upcoming Surface with Windows 8 Pro (Surface Pro) tablet, but also left out a few essential details as we approach the device's January debut.
There is a diverse array of tablet options to daze and amaze shoppers this holiday season. Microsoft has a solid contender with its current Surface tablet, but it runs the more limited Windows RT operating system that was designed for use with ARM-ba...
Windows 8 has delivered no bump to flagging consumer PC sales in the US, a retail research analyst said.
Business adoption of Windows 8 won't happen overnight and will likely involve a gradual phasing in alongside Windows 7 rather than a wholesale enterprise-wide swap-out of one operating system for the other, according to Microsoft's chief marketing of...
Windows 8 was officially released October 26, which means under Microsoft's standard operating procedure, we will have to wait at least a few years before the next Windows software upgrade arrives.
Microsoft's Windows 8 may be lagging far behind Windows 7 in its usage uptake, but it's easily topping the low bar set by Windows Vista, according to data from Web metric firm Net Applications.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Motorola Moto X Style review: A no compromise flagship
- 2 Oppo R7 Plus review: a stellar sub-$600 phablet
- 3 Samsung Galaxy Tab S2 (9.7) 4G review: Samsung does a lot more with a lot less
- 4 Motorola Moto G (3rd gen) review: Is it worth an extra $100?
- 5 Jawbone UP3 review: 3 months with Jawbone's best fitness tracker
Join the PC World newsletter!
Deals on PC World
- Networking, Wireless & VoIP
Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- Acer leads growth in PC shipments
- Microsoft: Windows 8 passes 60 million licenses sold
- Windows 8 notebooks aren't selling partly due to price
- Dell scraps Android smartphones in favour of Windows 8 tablets
- Windows 8 hybrid laptops will be scarce through the holidays
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- FTDatabase Marketing ManagerNSW
- FTSenior Consultant | Project work | National Systems IntegratorVIC
- FT1st & 2nd level IT support all-rounder in beautiful rural BathurstNSW
- FTAccount Manager | Music IndustryNSW
- FTSales SpecialistNSW
- FTAndroid DeveloperNSW
- FTSystems Administrator | National commercial law firm | MS, AWS & eDiscoveryNSW
- FTAccount Manager | Client Side - Previous Agency Experience Welcome!!NSW
- FTSenior Account Manager - PR AgencyNSW
- FTMid level IT consultant | Systems Integration & Managed ServicesNSW
- FTManual Test Engineer | Financial Institution | Web testingNSW
- CCMilitary simulation programmer with C# and Unity - 3 monthsNSW
- FTField EngineerNSW
- FTLinux Administrator with AWS & DevopsNSW
- CCE-Commerce - Senior Web Application DeveloperNSW
- FTSystems Administrator - Managed ServicesNSW
- FTLevel 2 IT Support TechnicianVIC
- FTBusiness Development & Account ManagementNSW
- FTProduct Marketing ManagerNSW