More than 70 per cent of Microsoft Windows users won't be upgrading to Windows 8 in the near future, according to a survey released this week by antivirus software maker Avast.
Windows 8 - News
It's a tablet! No, it's a laptop! The introduction of Microsoft Windows 8 has spawned a variety of new and exciting devices -- including a group of tablets that turn into laptops, and vice versa. Here are 10 new and upcoming convertibles that were bu...
Don't expect HP to have a change of heart about building Windows RT devices anytime soon.
Microsoft CEO Steve Ballmer has branded Android 'wild' and Apple too 'controlled'.
Need a mouse for your Windows 8 laptop or a keyboard for your Windows RT tablet? These devices from Microsoft and Logitech are solid options from proven peripherals vendors.
Enterprises are leaning towards adoption of full Intel-based Windows 8 devices, rather than lighter-weight Windows RT devices running on ARM processors.
13 new Windows machines that aren't Surface RT
Microsoft will issue six security updates next week, including three for Windows 8 and its tablet spin-off Windows RT.
Hewlett-Packard (HP) has advised consumer customers not to downgrade new PCs equipped with Windows 8 to the earlier Windows 7.
Windows 8 is supposed to be Microsoft's majestic OS reset -- a dramatic overhaul designed to usher the Windows platform into the age of mobility. And Windows 8 is also Microsoft's bid to achieve feature parity with iOS and Android, the other two OS p...
Microsoft's future hinges on attracting developers to build Windows 8 apps. But by offering financial incentives, supporting a range of programming languages and allowing developers to write code once for multiple devices, those developers may soon f...
Microsoft likes to talk about Windows 8 as being Windows "reimagined," and in many ways it is quite a departure from its predecessors. To allow the operating system's use across a range of touchscreen devices, Microsoft radically redesigned the look ...
Vupen, a security company in the business of selling zero-day vulnerabilities, said Friday that it has found a way to bypass security mechanisms on Windows 8 and execute code via a Web page.
It's not exactly the type of advertisement most people would understand.
Driven by millions of upgrades, Windows 8's global usage share climbed by a third last month, but the new OS's adoption pace remained lethargic compared to that of its predecessor three years ago.
Gadgets & Things
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Finally! LG OLED TV 2016 range review
- 2 Google Daydream View VR full, in-depth review
- 3 Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: Phones just got smarter
- 4 Apple iPhone 7 Plus review: including Portrait Mode
- 5 MSI GS70 laptop review
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Acer leads growth in PC shipments
- Microsoft: Windows 8 passes 60 million licenses sold
- Windows 8 notebooks aren't selling partly due to price
- Dell scraps Android smartphones in favour of Windows 8 tablets
- Windows 8 hybrid laptops will be scarce through the holidays
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- TV of the year award 2016
- Best phone of the year 2016
- Google Daydream View VR full, in-depth review
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- FTTSM SpecialistNSW
- CCInfrastructure Project ManagerNSW
- FTLicensing SpecialistVIC
- CCDigital Producer | 3 Month Contract roleNSW
- CCSenior Software EngineerACT
- CCLead Systems EngineerNSW
- CCProject Manager / Business Analyst - TelecommunicationsNSW
- FTDevOps/L2 Support EngineerVIC
- CCAPI DeveloperQLD
- FTEnterprise Account ManagerACT
- FTProject Delivery Manager | PortfolioQLD
- CCSEM / PPC / Paid Search Specialist - 6 Month Contract RoleNSW
- CCProduct Designer - UIACT
- FT2nd Line Engineer - CitrixVIC
- FTPractice Manager - SecurityVIC
- TP.NET Developer (Sitecore)QLD
- CCProject ManagerNSW
- CCIteration Manager / Scrum MasterSA
- TPWordpress DeveloperWA
- FTSecurity Sales SpecialistVIC
- FTProgram ManagerQLD
- CCSenior Software Engineer / Architect (Network Technologies)SA
- CCInfrastructure Project ManagerNSW
- FTEnterprise Architect - BusinessQLD
- CCJava DeveloperWA