Chromebooks are lightweight, inexpensive and efficient -- in other words, great for business travel. But can these Cloud-based laptops operate when you're off Wi-Fi? Sure they can -- here are 15 productivity apps that can work with you when you're offline.
Tim Cook admires Macs running Windows. Mark Zuckerberg flop-sweats. Marissa Mayer fancies herself a graphic designer. The bigger the names, the bigger the embarrassment when things go awry.
A trip down memory lane, tracing major milestones in the evolution of the desktop environment.
These 12 historically insidious backdoors will have you wondering what’s in your software -- and who can control it
HP's annual Discover conference unearths new IT products
Perhaps it is just a nerd’s delight, but Bruce Campbell, a former electrical engineer has made a Boeing 727 airliner his home
Computex 2014 was a treasure trove of wonderfully wacky and inspired computer cases. Between neon lights, our weight's worth in liquid nitrogen and cutting edge tech, the trade show simply bristled with solutions creative enough to make gamers and non-gamers alike drool.
This exclusive research from IDG US publication, Network World, shows that Cloud and mobility are gaining in importance - and while the insights into the State of Networking are based on US sampling the picture paints a broad picture of where networking is heading ... and that is worth considering globally.
Stripped computers and air-conditioners are part of daily Chinese village life.
Good Gear Guide was on the show floor at this year's Computex in Taiwan. We've put together this extensive slide show of interesting, quirky and downright-awesome gear.
Microsoft woos customers to the cloud with a slew of new networking, security, storage, DR, management, and orchestration capabilities
From new chips to super-fast storage and amazing connectivity improvements, the future of computing was unveiled at Computex.
Some industries adopt technology more quickly than others, but even the most careful and slowest-moving industries have bought into the value of mobile apps. Here are the top 10 apps in each of six major industries.
Computex 2014 was riddled with knock-off smartwatches, phones, tablets, headphones, televisions and even one company who is trying to cash in on another brand. Here is a collection of our favourites.
These are the announcements that got the crowd excited at WWDC 2014.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Samsung's Galaxy Alpha review: A peek into the Galaxy S6
- 2 Lenovo Yoga 3 Pro hybrid Ultrabook
- 3 Bose SoundLink on-ear Bluetooth headphones
- 4 Apple iPhone 6 Plus: An in depth review
- 5 Medion Akoya P2214T (MD99430) hybrid laptop
Best Deals on GoodGearGuide
Latest News Articles
- Sony to offer refunds over misleading PS Vita ads
- Grab a $49 Android tablet with your grocery shopping
- Wearable technology is more than displaying information: Jawbone
- Home Depot spent $43 million on data breach in just one quarter
- Breaking up is hard to do, but HP won't look back
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- FTSEO Content ExecutiveVIC
- FTStudio Design ManagerVIC
- FTAccount ExecutiveNSW
- FTProgram Manager - Integration & SolutionsNSW
- CCTech Support | IT Services Firm - Ad hoc Projects - Echuca AreaVIC
- CCStrategic Partner ManagerNSW
- FTDigital Account ManagerNSW
- FTPartnership Manager - MediaNSW
- CCTech Support | IT Services Firm - Ad hoc Projects - Port Augusta / Whyalla AreaSA
- FTMarketing Solutions ManagerNSW
- FTStudio Design ManagerVIC
- FTChief Information Officer - CSIROACT