The Plastiki's mission is to promote a better understanding of ecological issues, primarily waste management and renewable energy. The Plastiki itself is constructed out of a mono-polymer that's been made out of melted plastic PET bottles.
Popular British video game developer and publisher Eidos Interactive has just celebrated its twentieth anniversary. So for you, our loyal readers and part-time Eidos combatants, we commemorate the 20-year milestone by taking you through the history of Eidos Interactive via some of its greatest highs and lows.
Sydney's central business district exploded with Australians trying to buy an iPhone last night. Some of the most spectacular photos we've seen came from professional photographer Mark Matthews. Mark has graciously given us permission to publish the photos, and we recommend that you visit his site and check out more of his fantastic work.
Apple's iPhone 4 arrived in style overnight, and VHA's Sydney customers were treated to a swanky party at The Ivy.
Sling Media's small Slingbox 700U won one of three Best in Show awards given by the Industrial Designers Society of America (ISDA).
As you've no doubt heard by now, brawling maestros Capcom and Namco are teaming up with two new fighting titles: Street Fighter vs. Tekken and Tekken vs. Street Fighter. If you're anything like us, you've probably dreamed up an assortment of fan-pleasing face-offs.
I recently visited the "Googleplex," Google's expansive headquarters in Mountain View, Calif., for an interview, and took the chance to snap a few pictures of life inside what must be one of the most entertaining workplaces in America.
From Jules Verne to Stanley Kubrick and beyond, writers and artists have imagined what the future would be like. Their visions range from the comically bizarre to the uncannily accurate to the wildly optimistic (where are those jet packs they promised us?!). Here's a quick collection of our favorite examples.
Take a trip down memory lane with Toshiba, as the company shows off 25 years worth of notebook innovation.
Famous technology personality made the following statements
What better way to show off past Toshiba notebooks than a catwalk parade. We were treated to a tech fashion show of a different sort today, as models from the Sydney Fashion Festival showed off some of the most important notebooks in Toshiba's history. The event marked the 25th anniversary of Toshiba's first laptop.
Cleaning at GoodGearGuide has been a breeze these past few days. No, we haven’t hired a janitor to keep the Test Centre clean -- but Samsung lent us theirs. Allow us introduce you to the Samsung NaviBot; a sophisticated robot vacuum cleaner sent back in time to save John Connor from the T1000. Okay it wasn't really, but it will make cleaning around the home a little easier!
Bad cosplay is like watching a bug eat another bug’s face off – no matter how much it disgusts you, you can't bring yourself look away.
On Friday, Samsung launched its latest LED television, the 7.98mm thick Series 9. The Samsung Series 9 supports 3D viewing, has a 200Hz refresh rate and comes with a touch-screen remote control.
When it comes to game controllers, there’s a fine line between clever and stupid. For every good step forward in controller design, there are a dozen dead ends. Some devices may work very well, but are destined for the dustbin anyway. This slideshow is dedicated to those oddball controllers that set out earn our amazement but only aroused our amusement, instead.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: Phones just got smarter
- 2 Sony Xperia XZ review: turbo-charged last-gen phone
- 3 Hisense Series 7 ULED 4K UHD TV review
- 4 Sony X9300D and X8500D UHD 4K TV review
- 5 Moto X Force review: Leading features from a mid-range phone
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- AT&T will acquire Time Warner for $85.4B in content play
- Gallipoli is now an amazing video game
- U.S. indicts Russian for hacking LinkedIn, Dropbox, Formspring
- An IoT botnet is partly behind Friday's massive DDOS attack
- Bankers plan to give Corda blockchain code to Hyperledger project
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: The new best Android phone
- Japan Robot, gadget and car expo slideshow
- Panasonic DX900U UHD 4K smart TV review: Best all-round TV ever?
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- CCSenior Web DeveloperNSW
- CCSAS DI DeveloperNSW
- CCProject ManagerVIC
- CCProject Manager - Payroll SystemsSA
- CCNetwork AdministratorVIC
- CCBusiness Analyst- (MQC, QTP, BPMN, Visio or System Architect;NSW
- FTFront End DeveloperSA
- FTBusiness Analyst - HKMAAsia
- CCSenior Business Analyst, Margin ProjectsNSW
- CCSAP FIORIACT
- FTSr. Insight SpecialistVIC
- FTAgile Front End Developer- HTML5 & CSS3NSW
- FTWeb DeveloperNSW
- CCSenior Siebel DeveloperACT
- CCICT Project Reporting Planning CoordinatorNSW
- CCSAP Finance Business AnalystNSW
- CCQlikview DeveloperNSW
- FTSenior programmer / ProgrammerAsia
- CCContract IT Assistant (System Backup Operation) 161014/ITA/523Asia
- CCSenior Security AnalystVIC
- CCADABAS Database Administrator - NV1 clearedACT
- CCTechnical Business Analyst - Wealth/Super backgroundNSW
- FTDevOps EngineerVIC
- CCSystem & Network EngineerVIC