On 26 June, Kaspersky Lab held its 10th annual Virus Analysts Summit in Dubrovnik, Croatia. At the event the company's chief security researchers discussed the latest online threats to target businesses and consumers.
Sony today took the first step into the netbook market, introducing the Vaio W line of mini laptops.
The enterprise desktop hasn't changed much over the past 15 years or so. But technological advances like the LCD monitor and the so-called "small form factor" motherboard are allowing PC vendors to create new configurations.
There might be thousands and thousands of game choices at the App Store, but the sad truth is that most of them aren't worth your time -- or money.
Since the general beta release, Windows 7 has been through the testing ringer and has come out with mostly high marks for its speed, flexibility, user interface (UI) and networking features.
RoboCup is the largest event in the world for intelligent and autonomous robots. From 29 June to the 5 July the best robot teams from all over the world competed in the championship in Graz, Austria. Check out some photos from RoboCup 2009!
Doom Resurrection is the latest instalment in the famous Doom series. In this iPhone-only game, id Software has created a rail-shooter with graphics unlike any we've seen from a game on this device before. This is your chance to fight your way through eight levels of zombies and demons as you try to save the Earth again. You start the game by yourself after the rest of your team is killed off.
Navman Australia last week announced the launch of a new range of portable GPS navigation units, the MY series. Set to hit Australian shelves this month, Navman claims the new MY series provide "rich information" to consumers.
From its gestation period 40 years ago until now, the router has matured along with the Internet to become the linchpin of all communications
Let's face it--for the most part, video games are only demanding less and less from the player, especially with beginner difficulty settings and tutorials coming standard with most new games.
HP recently released the sixth generation of its popular DL380 server. It improves on the HP ProLiant DL380 G5 in many areas
Regardless of how things go for the financially beleaguered company, Palm pioneered the modern PDA and smartphone markets, and its handhelds will live on forever in tech history.
As huge Batman fanatics, we're more than just a little stoked about the immensely promising Batman: Arkham Asylum for PS3 and Xbox 360, and you should be too. Here are some of the bigger reasons why no fan of the dark knight will want to miss out on the game.
The HTC Touch Diamond 2 is an upgrade to the original Touch Diamond and is a full touch-screen smartphone with HTC's TouchFLO user interface.
I seldom own a book that makes my fellow geeks here at PC World go wild when I show it to them, but John Graham-Cumming has done the trick with The Geek Atlas.
Gadgets & Things
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Finally! LG OLED TV 2016 range review
- 2 Google Daydream View VR full, in-depth review
- 3 Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: Phones just got smarter
- 4 Apple iPhone 7 Plus review: including Portrait Mode
- 5 MSI GS70 laptop review
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Microsoft's vision for LinkedIn is about tying its business data into Office and other services
- Facebook's Year in Review for 2016 isn't just fun and games
- Cyberspies stole secrets from industrial giant ThyssenKrupp
- OpenVPN will be audited for security flaws
- AMD strengthens gaming and VR on Linux with graphics improvements
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- The top 10 best and worst tech gadgets and products of 2016
- TV of the year award 2016
- Best phone of the year 2016
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- FTSenior Security and Risk ConsultantNSW
- CCProject Manager / Business Analyst - TelecommunicationsNSW
- CCSenior Software Engineer / Architect (Network Technologies)NSW
- CCEOI - TIBCO DeveloperNSW
- FTJava Developers X 2QLD
- FTIT Specialist - Application Blueprinting Engineer ( Developer)NSW
- TPAndroid DeveloperNSW
- CCNetwork Support EngineerNSW
- FTFinancial AnalystNSW
- FTEngineering ManagerACT
- FTTechnology Portfolio - Investment AnalystACT
- FTAndroid Technical Lead (Work From Home 2-3 Days)NSW
- CCProject Manager- Office 365 and Core Azure servicesNSW
- CCSalesforce DeveloperNSW
- PTSenior Software Engineer Developer | 6mthsSA
- FTHelpdesk Support- LANNSW
- TPProject Coordinator. Business Process Improvement ProgramNSW
- FTLevel 2 Service Desk AnalystQLD
- CCAgile TesterNSW
- CCApplication Specialist (Cerner) - Brisbane basedOther
- CCIteration Manager / Scrum MasterOther
- FTTechnical Solutions Architect -Cloud /Work Location - CanberraVIC
- FTPractice AdvisorQLD
- FTEnd Point Security AdministratorACT
- CCWorkforce Planning ManagerNSW