Some cell phones really look great, but are impossible to use. Other cell phones have cool features, but are ugly ducklings.
We look at some of the changes Microsoft has made to Windows 7 since the Beta's release in January
Thanks to the Olympus E-620, taking photos just became a whole lot more fun
Over the past 24 hours, Aussie and European gamers have been reeling from the shock news that Ghostbusters: The Videogame is going to be a PlayStation exclusive. Incensed Wii and Xbox owners have been crying foul in every Intenet forum across the globe, while the Sony elite smile smugly and unleash the trolls of war (e.g. – “who ya gonna call? Not Bill Gates!”, etc.)
For the past four decades, Star Trek has been influencing and predicting new gadgets and technologies. How close are we to Trek-inspired phasers, tricorders, and invisibility cloaks?
Discussion forums are magnets for some of the jerkiest people on the 'Interwebs'. We profile a dozen of the most common and annoying forum jerks--from 'The Antagonist' to 'The Conspiracy Theorist'.
The equipment and settings you need to capture nature's own light show.
Bath robes, gift hampers, chocolates, slippers, Sex & the City box sets -- if you've bought all these things for your mum on previous Mother's Days, you're probably running out of conventional gift ideas. But there's no reason to panic just yet. There are still plenty of interesting presents out there; you just have to be willing to think outside the box. In the following slideshow, we highlight some products that most mums will be sure to love -- even though they aren't on her current wish-list.
The best options for printing off your Mother's Day memories
Some of these 10 intriguing mobile gizmos, including a connected GPS unit, external iPhone speakers, a Bluetooth headset, and a gadget charger, are fairly mainstream. The others, well, not so much.
Panasonic launches new high-definition televisions, including the Panasonic Z1 -- a Full HD TV with wireless streaming
Here's a selection of favorite forbidden -- but useful and fun -- iPhone applications on Apple's banned list.
Freeview, the television industry body publicising the move to free-to-air digital television, has released information on products it has certified the compatibility of at a launch at Dick Smith in the Sydney CBD on Monday.
Apple may have sold 1 billion apps through the App Store, but there are only 10 which are must-haves for my iPhone
Five of the best blogs, Web sites and Twitter feeds to get you behind the scenes at the Rosemount Australia Fashion Week.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Sony Xperia X Performance review: Sony’s most disappointing product in years
- 2 Huawei P9 review: lifting photography to another level... sometimes.
- 3 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 4 D-Link Taipan AC3200 Ultra tri-band modem-router review
- 5 Dell XPS 13 (2016) review: Making the very best Ultrabook
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- These solar road panels could turn our world into Tron
- New Satana ransomware encrypts user files and master boot record
- Firmware exploit can defeat new Windows security features on Lenovo ThinkPads
- Use Apache Spark? This tool can help you tap machine learning
- Intel tunes its mega-chip for machine learning
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- CCMobility Developer (iOS or Android)NSW
- CCIntegration ArchitectACT
- CCSenior Business AnalystVIC
- CCField Network Engineer - GSM Networks.VIC
- CCEnvironment Manager - POSVIC
- FTSystems AnalystVIC
- CCChange ManagerACT
- CCSolution ArchitectNSW
- CCAEM Backend DeveloperVIC
- CCF5 Infrastructure AdministratorNSW
- CCAgile Business AnalystNSW
- FTTechnical/Solutions ArchitectNSW
- FTProduct OwnerNSW
- FTAndroid Technical Lead (Work From Home 2-3 Days)NSW
- CCMedia AnalystNSW
- CCUser Experience AnalystACT
- CCRuby on Rails DeveloperNSW
- FTTechnical Consultant - ServerSA
- CCIT Change Manager - Western SydneyNSW
- CCICT Engineer - SecurityQLD
- CCSAP PI/PO ConsultantVIC
- CCBiztalk developerNSW
- CCProject Analyst/ CoordinatorVIC
- CCContract IT Assistant (IT Security/IT Audit) 160621/ITA/361Asia
- FTSolution Architect - Data/ InformationVIC