To pay homage to the Star Trek movie premiere, we decided it’s time to help Trekkies get serious about their obsession by putting together a collection of inspirational Star Trek gear
Amazon's Kindle DX comes off as surprisingly lean and elegant.
After you're lucky enough to pull together the moola to buy the components of a great home theater, you know you'll want to demonstrate its finer points to your buddies.
Some cell phones really look great, but are impossible to use. Other cell phones have cool features, but are ugly ducklings.
We look at some of the changes Microsoft has made to Windows 7 since the Beta's release in January
Thanks to the Olympus E-620, taking photos just became a whole lot more fun
Over the past 24 hours, Aussie and European gamers have been reeling from the shock news that Ghostbusters: The Videogame is going to be a PlayStation exclusive. Incensed Wii and Xbox owners have been crying foul in every Intenet forum across the globe, while the Sony elite smile smugly and unleash the trolls of war (e.g. – “who ya gonna call? Not Bill Gates!”, etc.)
For the past four decades, Star Trek has been influencing and predicting new gadgets and technologies. How close are we to Trek-inspired phasers, tricorders, and invisibility cloaks?
Discussion forums are magnets for some of the jerkiest people on the 'Interwebs'. We profile a dozen of the most common and annoying forum jerks--from 'The Antagonist' to 'The Conspiracy Theorist'.
The equipment and settings you need to capture nature's own light show.
Bath robes, gift hampers, chocolates, slippers, Sex & the City box sets -- if you've bought all these things for your mum on previous Mother's Days, you're probably running out of conventional gift ideas. But there's no reason to panic just yet. There are still plenty of interesting presents out there; you just have to be willing to think outside the box. In the following slideshow, we highlight some products that most mums will be sure to love -- even though they aren't on her current wish-list.
The best options for printing off your Mother's Day memories
Some of these 10 intriguing mobile gizmos, including a connected GPS unit, external iPhone speakers, a Bluetooth headset, and a gadget charger, are fairly mainstream. The others, well, not so much.
Panasonic launches new high-definition televisions, including the Panasonic Z1 -- a Full HD TV with wireless streaming
Here's a selection of favorite forbidden -- but useful and fun -- iPhone applications on Apple's banned list.
Lexar® JumpDrive® S57 USB 3.0 flash drive
UE Boom 2 Bluetooth speaker
Epson EcoTank Expression ET-2500
Microsoft L5V-00027 Sculpt Ergonomic Keyboard Desktop
Smart LED Bulb LB130
Samsung portable 1TB T3 drive
Everki ContemPRO Roll Top Laptop Backpack
Linksys AC5400 MU-MIMO Gigabit router
Logitech G403 Prodigy mouse
Belkin MIXIT Metallic Lightning to USB Cable
3SIXT Ultra HD Sports Action Camera
Huawei Mate 9
Lexar® Portable SSD
Lexar® JumpDrive® S45 USB 3.0 flash drive
Google Daydream VR headset
Acer Swift 7
HD Pan/Tilt Wi-Fi Camera with Night Vision NC450
Dell Inspiron 5000 series 2-in-1
Audio-Technica ATH-ANC70 Noise Cancelling Headphones
Surface Pro 4
Lexar® Professional 1800x microSDHC™/microSDXC™ UHS-II cards
Blade 28 backpack by Arc’teryx
Dell XPS 13 laptop
Garmin Fenix Chronos smartwatch
HP Pavilion x360 13”
Lexar® JumpDrive® C20c USB Type-C flash drive
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Huawei Mate 9 full in-depth smartphone review
- 2 ZTE Axon 7 review: Is ZTE dumping old stock on Australia?
- 3 Oppo R9s smartphone full review
- 4 Finally! LG OLED TV 2016 range review
- 5 Huawei Nova Plus smartphone review
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Microsoft eyes Indian startups for cloud services
- Horizon Zero Dawn review
- New Zealand High Court clears Kim Dotcom extradition to the US
- Uber orders investigation into employee's charge of sexual harassment
- Here’s how the US government can bolster cybersecurity
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- How to quit Pokemon Go (or to start enjoying it again)
- Huawei Mate 9 full in-depth smartphone review
- Time to ditch Foxtel and the iQ3: How to replace Foxtel packages with cheaper alternatives
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- CCCommercial Contract AdministratorACT
- CCFirewall EngineerNSW
- TPOrganisational Change Manager | Enterprise Information SharingQLD
- FTMicrosoft Dynamics AX Technical ArchitectWA
- FTSAP BW ConsultantACT
- TPDigital Strategist - Newcastle BasedNSW
- FTDatabase DeveloperACT
- TPDeployment Specialist (DevOps)QLD
- CCArcSight Security Engineer - Contract - IT Services - SydneyNSW
- FTJava Developer - Fixed Term ContractQLD
- FTFull stack Developer - Senior (Java or C# and AngularJS) x 3QLD
- CCSenior Solution ArchitectQLD
- CCServiceNOW DeveloperNSW
- TPService Desk ManagerVIC
- TPTechnical Business Analyst - DigitalQLD
- CCProject SpecialistVIC
- CCTechnical Consultant - ITSM/HP Service ManagerVIC
- CCProject Support OfficerNSW
- FTDynamics AX Functional ConsultantACT
- FTTechnical Consultant MS Dynamics AXQLD
- TPSCCM SpecialistVIC
- TPDigital Business Analyst | AgileQLD
- CCFullstack .Net DeveloperNSW
- CCApplication Solution Designer (Automation) - Finance - Contract - Sydney CBDNSW
- FTNetwork Solution ArchitectVIC