It's not all bits and bytes
Protesters held rallies across Australian capital cities today to oppose the government's national clean feed Internet scheme, which will impose blanket content filtering for all web connections
The high-season is up, fuel surcharges are down and Aussie travellers are flying off on holidays. Here's the hottest in-flight tech that three of the airlines servicing Australia will be offering you.
We celebrate our seven all-time favorite video game lifebars!
Dimension-traveling slugs with fangs. Walk-through ceilings. Really bad hair. And to think that we saw it in Second Life.
Telstra has devoted over three years and some 900 engineers to designing a national fibre network, and Acaltel has chipped-in 1000 of its own engineers who have devoted an estimated 1.5 million hours on the project. Telstra offered a glimpse of some of the technology behind its $10B bid for the National Broadband Network (NBN)
Here are some choice geek devices that are sure to please people who love well-designed gadgets.
Chainsaws were only the beginning...
Check out the season's best bonus-brimming, extras-packed offerings!
ViewSonic this week announced the launch of a new range of full HD 1080p LCD monitors.
Christmas is upon us and what better way to celebrate than to get your hands on one of the latest touch-screen mobile phones!
10 of the coolest and most useful iPhone apps.
Little-known technologies that pack a big punch
Planning on hitting the jackpot soon? From a gargantuan HDTV to your own flying car, here are nine new tech toys you'll want to decorate your life.
If your workplace is like a war zone, add these combative time wasters to your arsenal so you can dominate the office battlefield.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 2 D-Link Taipan AC3200 Ultra tri-band modem-router review
- 3 Dell XPS 13 (2016) review: Making the very best Ultrabook
- 4 Microsoft Surface Book review: The verdict on Microsoft's first notebook
- 5 Telstra Wi-Fi 4GX Advanced III review: Testing the world's first 600Mbps wireless hotspot
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- If Tim Burton made a robot, this would be it
- Here's how NASCAR is digitizing race day
- Should Microsoft release a successor to Surface 3?
- Researchers steal data from a PC by controllng the noise from the fans
- The 'summer of AI' is here, this startup chief says
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- CCNational Project CoordinatorNSW
- CCNetwork EngineerVIC
- CCSystems Monitoring Specialist - Foglight focusNSW
- CCIntegration ArchitectACT
- CCBusiness Analyst- Process Mapping Specialist- Gov / Bank backgdNSW
- CCICT PreSales SpecialistVIC
- CCUX DesignersQLD
- FTTechnical COE SpecialistACT
- CCSnr IT Project Manager - Contact CentreVIC
- CCLevel 1 & 2 Helpdesk (Need SAP, ERP system experience)NSW
- CCLead Communications ConsultantWA
- CCSAP Business Analyst - FinanceNSW
- CCUrgent requirement for a Splunk SMEVIC
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (J2EE/JAVA/Oracle) 160617/AP/025Asia
- CCBiztalk developerNSW
- FTProject Manager - Insurance experience neededNSW
- CCProject Manager - IT SecurityNSW
- CCSenior Business AnalystACT
- CCSenior Java DeveloperACT
- FTLead Tableau Reporting ConsultantNSW
- CCSAP Application Delivery LeadVIC
- CCSenior Applications SpecialistQLD
- CCLevel 1 Helpdesk SupportNSW
- CCBusiness AnalystVIC
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (Java/Oracle) 160603/AP/vmpAsia