Based on the animated series with the same name, the Afro Samurai video game follows the titular character in his travels. The character is voiced by none other than Samuel Jackson, while the game features a novel cel-shading style to make it appear like a moving comic book. The game will appear on the Xbox 360 and PlayStation 3 in early 2009
Apple announced several refreshes of computers in its Macbook line-up yesterday with updated Macbook and Macbook Pros. The new editions of the 13in Macbook and the 15in Macbook Pro feature an entirely redesigned chassis complete with a new manufacturing process, as well as revamped specifications. The new line-up ranges from $1649 for the Macbook to $3999 for the 15in Macbook Pro with a 2.53GHz Intel Core 2 Duo processor.
With three Spider-Man games already under its belt, Treyarch takes a different tack with Spider-Man: Web of Shadows. Rather than relying on the film franchise or more recent comic books, Web of Shadows harkens back to the classic Marvel universe, utilising the characters and world that seasoned Spider-Man fans have come to know and love. Players take control of Spider-Man as he joins with fellow heroes and villains to fight against Venom’s latest attack on New York City. The game is slated for release on 21 October this year, heading to the Nintendo DS, PlayStation 2, PlayStation 3, PSP, Xbox 360, Wii and PC.
Sony Ericsson will this week launch its latest Cyber-shot camera phone, the C905.
These five games were refused classification by Australia’s classification board, the OFLC. Thanks to the lack of a mature R18+ rating in Australia, these games were either modified to a watered-down content level or pulled from sale altogether.
These spectacular images of Mercury were beamed back to Earth on 7 October by the spacecraft Messenger and provide the highest level of photographic detail we’ve ever seen.
Precious childhood memories can often be destroyed by modern remakes, reinterpretations and sequels -- yeah, we're looking at you George Lucas.
A full year after its release in the US, Rock Band is finally on its way to Australian shores. But it’s not alone.
Navman Australia this week announced a completely new range of GPS navigation units, the S-Series Platinum. The S-Series Platinum consists of four models, ranging from the entry level S100 to the flagship S300t
Nintendo’s newest handheld console release is the DSi, an upgrade to the hugely successful DS Lite, which appeared on the market in 2006. The DSi is slightly thinner than its predecessor, with a 3.25in screen compared to the DS Lite’s 3in display.
What Gates, McCain and others have said about those pesky, unwanted e-mails.
A compilation of the most notorious convicted spammers
It's the granddaddy of all consoles. It defines gaming culture.
With the launch of the latest instalment of the most popular football game on the planet this week, FIFA 09, we thought it would be appropriate to look back on some earlier versions of the franchise. Since FIFA International Soccer was launched in Christmas 1993, the franchise has gone from strength to strength. We take you on a trip down memory lane with screenshots from every FIFA title since 2001!
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 2 D-Link Taipan AC3200 Ultra tri-band modem-router review
- 3 BlackBerry Priv review: When old habits die hard
- 4 Dell XPS 13 (2016) review: Making the very best Ultrabook
- 5 Microsoft Surface Book review: The verdict on Microsoft's first notebook
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- Facebook withdraws Free Basics from India after regulatory debacle
- Twitter offers new timeline feature
- Stock-market jitters have rocked network spending, Cisco says
- Android root malware widespread in third-party app stores
- UCLA just open-sourced a powerful new image-detection algorithm
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- FTDigital Marketing Specialist | Media BuyerNSW
- CCChange LeadNSW
- FTLinux AdministratorVIC
- CCAD and FIM EngineerNSW
- FTTechnical Support Engineer, International SoftwareNSW
- FTNetwork EngineerSA
- CCData Stage DeveloperNSW
- CCMultiple Middleware DevelopersACT
- CC.NET DeveloperACT
- CCJava Development EngineerNSW
- CCInformation ArchitectQLD
- CCLync/Skype EngineerNSW
- FTFull Stack & Mobile EngineersNSW
- CCCitrix Systems EngineerNSW
- FTJunior Project Manager | Permanent role in Canberra | NV1/2 clearedACT
- FTBusiness Analyst (SCADA / CSI)VIC
- FTInsight / Customer / modelling - Analyst (Data Scientist)NSW
- FTSenior Consultant | Project work | National Systems IntegratorNSW
- FTSystems Administrator/Engineer | Projects & BAU | Coastal Newcastle NSWWA
- CCSenior Change Analyst - Multiple RolesVIC
- CCRisk AnalystVIC
- FTSenior Business Analyst - Oracle ProcurementSA
- CCITIL Release Manager - CBD SYDNEYNSW
- CCProject Manager IT infrastructureACT
- FTFront End Developer Required Working World Leading Digital TeamNSW