At Tokyo Designers Week 2008, Japanese audio company Supercent showcased an audio system based around a retro-style vacuum tube amplifier. It’s a very simple product, with playback options for radio and CDs, and a 3.5mm socket for connecting a portable audio player.
Sonos music system owners who also own an iPhone are now able to use their handsets to control the company’s multi-room music installations. The Sonos Controller for iPhone is free of charge. The only caveat is that you must have one of Sonos’ multi-room audio systems, which start at $799 per room. Sonos boasts that the Controller has the best user interface of any remote application on the iPhone. This announcement comes at the same time as news that Sonos users are now able to access 15,000 radio stations as well as Last.fm Internet music streaming. Even if the music systems are expensive, free add-ons are always welcomed!
The world’s greatest fictional real video game character returns to your screens in Eat Lead: The Return of Matt Hazard. In his comeback role, Matt will have to fight all the enemies from his past games, including zombies, space marines and much more.
House of the Dead: Overkill is a first-person shooter, just like its four predecessors. It’s being developed by Sega exclusively for the Nintendo Wii platform and is set to be released in February 2009. Set as a prequel to the original House of the Dead video game, Overkill will have a new retro-styled look, with new graphics and sound. Check out these screen-shots from the game’s latest trailer!
This pioneering PC made instant geeks out of millions of people back in the '80s. But what lies within the Commodore 64's fetching brown shell?
Motorola has announced it will launch its low-end EM325 in November, with a price tag of just $99.
Some days are just worse than others when it comes to network security. Here are our picks for some of the worst in history.
On the shop shelves just in time for Christmas, Philips has announced the launch of a series of new docking stations designed for iPods and other portable multimedia devices.
Gearbox is the latest developer to have a crack at adapting the Alien franchise, with the imminent release of Alien: Colonial Marines.
GamePro handpicks 6 big bloodcurdling video games to get excited about!<br> Halloween is finally here and GamePro celebrates this macabre holiday with our roundup of six big horror-themed games on the horizon that you should definitely not pass up.
Here are five things every gamer should know about the new Xbox 360 update. The "New Xbox Experience" is a pretty pretentious name for a system update, especially because it sounds like it will transform your console into something entirely new, which is misleading. Still, after playing with the update for more than a week, I'm impressed. Here are five important points to consider before the free update goes live on November 19.
Let’s face it -- re-enacting World War II battles can only provide so much entertainment. Of course, with its fifth installment on the way, the Call of Duty franchise doesn’t look like it’s slowing down with its World War II theme anytime soon, but it seems Treyarch has0 heard the cry of gamers everywhere.
Panasonic’s DMC-G1 is an SLR camera with all the comforts of home — a crisp viewfinder and an interchangeable lens system. It differs from a traditional digital or film SLR, though, in that it is significantly smaller and lighter without compromising the quality of the in-built image sensor.
Earlier this week, Logitech announced four new audio products. We show you what they are and what they’ll do.
The greatest geeky gourds
Microsoft L5V-00027 Sculpt Ergonomic Keyboard Desktop
Linksys AC5400 MU-MIMO Gigabit router
Samsung portable 1TB T3 drive
UE Boom 2 Bluetooth speaker
Lexar® JumpDrive® S57 USB 3.0 flash drive
Smart LED Bulb LB130
Epson EcoTank Expression ET-2500
Everki ContemPRO Roll Top Laptop Backpack
Google Daydream VR headset
Lexar® Portable SSD
Acer Swift 7
Logitech G403 Prodigy mouse
Lexar® JumpDrive® S45 USB 3.0 flash drive
3SIXT Ultra HD Sports Action Camera
Huawei Mate 9
Belkin MIXIT Metallic Lightning to USB Cable
Audio-Technica ATH-ANC70 Noise Cancelling Headphones
Dell XPS 13 laptop
Garmin Fenix Chronos smartwatch
Dell Inspiron 5000 series 2-in-1
Blade 28 backpack by Arc’teryx
HP Pavilion x360 13”
Lexar® JumpDrive® C20c USB Type-C flash drive
Surface Pro 4
HD Pan/Tilt Wi-Fi Camera with Night Vision NC450
Lexar® Professional 1800x microSDHC™/microSDXC™ UHS-II cards
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Huawei Mate 9 full in-depth smartphone review
- 2 ZTE Axon 7 review: Is ZTE dumping old stock on Australia?
- 3 Oppo R9s smartphone full review
- 4 Finally! LG OLED TV 2016 range review
- 5 Huawei Nova Plus smartphone review
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- UPS launches an autonomous drone from a delivery truck
- Redfin CTO says machine learning needs human help
- Java and Python FTP attacks can punch holes through firewalls
- Intel's Atom is underwhelming no more: New chip packs 16 cores
- Don’t wait for 5G: LTE could be your key to IoT
PCW Evaluation Team
I’d happily recommend this touchscreen laptop and Windows 10 as a great way to get serious work done at a desk or on the road.
Ultimately, I think the Windows 10 environment is excellent for me as it caters for so many different uses. The inclusion of the Xbox app is also great for when you need some downtime too!
For me, the Xbox Play Anywhere is a great new feature as it allows you to play your current Xbox games with higher resolutions and better graphics without forking out extra cash for another copy. Although available titles are still scarce, but I’m sure it will grow in time.
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
- How to quit Pokemon Go (or to start enjoying it again)
- Huawei Mate 9 full in-depth smartphone review
- Time to ditch Foxtel and the iQ3: How to replace Foxtel packages with cheaper alternatives
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- CCProject Coordinator l Large Media Capital Investment ProgramNSW
- FTSenior Support Account ManagerNSW
- TPProject ManagerOther
- CCFirewall EngineerNSW
- FTFull Stack DeveloperQLD
- FTSenior Technical Consultant - SQLACT
- CCSystem EngineerSA
- CCSenior Life 400 DeveloperNSW
- CCPMO Analyst - Financial ServicesNSW
- CCTest Automation EngineerVIC
- CCSenior Mobile Application DeveloperNSW
- FTFinancial ERP Customer SME / Solution Consultant / System AccountantNSW
- FTDeveloper/ ProgrammerSA
- CCStorage System EngineerNSW
- TPTechnical Business Analyst - DigitalQLD
- FTDynamics AX Functional Consultant (Sales & Marketing Modules)QLD
- FTSenior C++ EngineerACT
- FTDynamics AX Functional Consultant (Manufacturing and Trade & Logistics Modules)NSW
- FTLinux Systems EngineerQLD
- FTSnr SOC Security Coordinator - Perm - North Ryde areaNSW
- FTSecurity Engineer - Permanent - IT Services - SydneyNSW
- CCDevops EngineerNSW
- FTMicrosoft Dynamics AX Technical ArchitectWA
- CCDesktop Engineer l WollongongNSW
- FTDevops EngineerVIC