The antenna - it has been around so long and is mounted and used so routinely it is rarely even noticed. But such antenna technology has changed a lot over the years and has gone into space, war, water and just about anywhere else you can imagine. Here we take a look the world of the ubiquitous antenna.
It can be tough finding the right app for the right task, but here are 25 essential business apps for Android
You have a shiny new Google Nexus 7 Android tablet. Now it's time to make it your own with some valuable mobile applications. We share our favourite Nexus 7 tablet apps for entertainment, social networking, remote-PC access, instant messaging, sports, gaming and more. Best of all: They're all free.
Development organisations are increasingly looking for a Mobile Application Development Platform (MADP) that can support their needs for both current and future projects. Here are 10 that have been identified as leaders in the field.
We scoured the Web for the best deals on 25 gadgets you might actually want to buy. All you have to do is sit back and click through the slideshow.
If you're one of the growing number of people who carries a smartphone everywhere, why not take advantage of mobile apps that can help you organize your medical history, eat right, exercise or fall asleep at night?
The Google tablet's advantages in flexibility, usability, and form factor might make you ditch your iPad
In anticipation of its biggest game release for the year, THQ held a stunt themed media event at Sun Studios in Alexandria, Sydney.
Hi-tech cameras and robots capture the Olympic events in stunning imagery.
A quick look at the NASA Mars Science Laboratory and Curiosity rover mission
From the car to the living room, technologies and markets are quickly evolving to offer lucrative possibilities for programming pioneers
Want basic driving directions? Help finding cheap gas? A cool way to create a digital scrapbook of your latest trip? Android has an app for that, and more
In honour of the patent war heating up between Apple and Samsung, we're looking back at epic tech battles. The one thing they all have in common: the future of the universe hung in the balance. (Okay, not the universe but a really big market.)
Space debris, comets, asteroids and cool clouds highlight Earth space news
Fortune 500 CIOs and IT SVPs netted multi-million dollar compensation packages in 2011.
Gadgets & Things
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Finally! LG OLED TV 2016 range review
- 2 Google Daydream View VR full, in-depth review
- 3 Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: Phones just got smarter
- 4 Apple iPhone 7 Plus review: including Portrait Mode
- 5 MSI GS70 laptop review
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- US mulls rules for airlines that plan in-flight Wi-Fi voice calls
- Georgia says it's traced an attempted voter hack to DHS
- How the Internet of Things is putting us at risk
- AMD packs more horsepower into GPUs with new Radeon ReLive software
- Cortana for iOS, Android now features quick access to common actions
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- The top 10 best and worst tech gadgets and products of 2016
- TV of the year award 2016
- Best phone of the year 2016
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- CCApplication Blueprinting Engineer ( Developer).VIC
- FTDesktop Deployment EngineerWA
- CCMainframe Developer (with ASP.NET)SA
- CCCX Performance & Insights AnalystNSW
- CCInfrastructure Project ManagerNSW
- CCProject Manager - Scrum MasterNSW
- FTIT Specialist - Application Blueprinting Engineer ( Developer)NSW
- FTGuidewire Developer - Billing's focusSA
- FTBusiness Analyst **FIFO TO MONGOLIA**WA
- FTService Lifecycle Management LeadVIC
- FTSoftware Developer - .NETNSW
- FTLevel 2 Service Desk AnalystQLD
- CCTraining Manager - SAP HR/ PayrollNSW
- FTAndroid Technical Lead (Work From Home 2-3 Days)NSW
- CCWeb Designer or Visual Interactional DesignerNSW
- TPProject ManagerVIC
- CCWeb DesignerNSW
- CCJava DeveloperWA
- CCERP Benefits ManagerNSW
- CCIT Systems AnalystNSW
- CCSenior Software Engineer Developer | 6mthsVIC
- FTTechnical Business AnalystNSW
- FTPMO Coordinator - Permanent Opportunity!NSW
- TPBusiness AnalystVIC
- CCDevelopment Lead - JavaNSW