Now that Microsoft has released the latest beta version of Windows 8, with the clever name of Release Preview, here are 5 things we love and 5 things we hate about the new OS.
With more and more companies storing more and more data and hoping to leverage it for actionable insights, Big Data is making a big splash these days. Open source technology is at the core of most Big Data initiatives. Here are nine key open source Big Data technologies to keep an eye on.
Windows 8 is hot, the devices are strange, and the experimentation is cool
Even though we're all walking around with computers in our pockets (a.k.a. smartphones) there's still lots of uses for even more and even smaller computers.
A look at the history of remote controls, some of the coolest remotes out now, and what's ahead for changing the channels on your TV.
Master Chief in the restroom, Aliens on the floor, and dancing zombies are just some of the sights we saw at the E3 gaming expo in Los Angeles. Take a look.
The best of 2012’s apps for your iPhone and iPod Touch, so far, include fun apps for wasting time, image and video editing apps, and utilities that speed up common iPhone tasks.
When egos or motives clash, hackers attack each other
Company touts multi-device capabilities - and other Xbox news - at E3
The tech world moves so fast that you've probably forgotten about at least some of the big flops that have already happened this year. Here's a quick rundown to keep you in the loop.
NASA Shuttle Enterprise makes way to Intrepid Sea, Air & Space Museum
Explosive growth of Internet users, devices, apps creates demand for more IP addresses
When was the last time you posted a pic on PhotoBucket? Did a search on AltaVista? Or updated your Myspace page?
The ASUS G75VW Republic of Gamers laptop is designed for users who want a portable gaming machine with attitude! It has a quality build that feels really solid and it sports a third generation Intel Core i7 (Ivy Bridge) CPU.
Angry Birds Space isn’t the only iPhone/iPad game in town!
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 2 D-Link Taipan AC3200 Ultra tri-band modem-router review
- 3 Dell XPS 13 (2016) review: Making the very best Ultrabook
- 4 Microsoft Surface Book review: The verdict on Microsoft's first notebook
- 5 Telstra Wi-Fi 4GX Advanced III review: Testing the world's first 600Mbps wireless hotspot
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- Google wins latest round in Oracle legal battle
- Shoot an atom into silicon, and you may have the beginnings of a quantum computer
- Juniper's new access switches add to its cloud-focused lineup
- Google cleared of infringement in Oracle lawsuit over Java
- Up to a dozen banks are reportedly investigating potential SWIFT breaches
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- FTSenior Business AnalystVIC
- FTSenior Developer (.Net)SA
- FTFront End DeveloperACT
- CCNetwork Consultant - Bandwidth Assessment | 3 month contract into Defence | NV1+ACT
- FTTechnical LeadNSW
- CCInfrastructure Business AnalystNSW
- CCSAP Hanna ConsultantNSW
- CCIT Program ManagerACT
- CCService Desk ConsultantACT
- CCMS SCOM AdministratorVIC
- CCIteration Manager/Agile Project ManagerNSW
- FTGeospatial Support AnalystQLD
- CCSkilled Sitecore / .NET DeveloperNSW
- CCBusiness Analyst, ReportingNSW
- FTStorage SpecialistVIC
- CCPEGA Developer / ConfigurerACT
- FTSenior Business Analysts - Payments or Disaster RecoveryVIC
- CCProgram Business Implementation Director- HR Payroll, FINSW
- CCHR Systems Support OfficerACT
- CCApplication DevelopersQLD
- FTJunior Web Developer | CBD | Digital AgencyVIC
- CCDigital Business Analyst (iOS & Android / Web Projects)NSW
- CCSenior DevOps EngineerACT
- CCAWS Developer/LeadNSW
- FTImplementation / Deployment Specialist- Web Sphere, ESB, IIBNSW