From Head-Up Display and the App Store to MaaS, there's plenty that appeals
Remember the initial buzz when Google announced it was coming out with a notebook computer. Well, we’re two years into the Chromebook era and the buzz has certainly dissipated.
Beware these all-to-common IT blunders before they derail your career
We take a look at Microsoft's new 10.6in Windows tablet.
Here are some of the more interesting improvements - and quirks - of Windows 8 RP, as Microsoft sprints to the finish line
When Twitter tweaked its blue bird, the design world was atwitter (pun intended). We spoke with Silicon Valley graphic designer Steve Yamaguma of Design2Market to get his insights into a few familiar tech logos. More goes into design than most people realize. Think: subliminal messages.
We unbox Apple's latest creation, the impressive MacBook Pro with Retina display.
Here's a look back at the most memorable events and products from 1987
Apple unveiled an updated MacBook line, more Mountain Lion features, iOS 6, and a smarter Siri. Here are some photos and recaps of Monday's WWDC keynote.
Think you have to manage a lot of IT gear? These massive facilities - each at least 100,000 square feet and most much larger than that -- house thousands of servers and process millions of documents, images and videos every day.
Implementing and supporting 802.1X authentication on your network can be a challenge, but here are some tools that can help.
Apple rolled out major upgrades for both of its main notebooks today at WWDC. Here’s a quick look at the new MacBook Pro and MacBook Air.
A look at the Father of Computer Science's media portrayals upon the celebration of his birth 100 years ago
Now that Microsoft has released the latest beta version of Windows 8, with the clever name of Release Preview, here are 5 things we love and 5 things we hate about the new OS.
With more and more companies storing more and more data and hoping to leverage it for actionable insights, Big Data is making a big splash these days. Open source technology is at the core of most Big Data initiatives. Here are nine key open source Big Data technologies to keep an eye on.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Witness a 241% Australian price hike: Dell Latitude 7370 review
- 2 Is this the best value phone on the market? Moto G4 Plus review
- 3 Sony Xperia X Performance review: Sony’s most disappointing product in years
- 4 Huawei P9 review: lifting photography to another level... sometimes.
- 5 Huawei Mate 8 review: probably the best all-round Android phone you can buy
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- Cut the carbon footprint of your business by outsourcing your data centre management
- Frazzled or burnt out? You need downtime but where do you find it?
- The network matters for storage innovation
- IDC: Smartwatch sales decline for the first time
- SurveyMonkey: Pokémon Go popularity may have already peaked
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- FTSocial Media AssistantQLD
- CCSenior Deployment ManagerVIC
- CCEnvironment ManagerVIC
- FTSAP FS-PM/FS-PQM SpecialistVIC
- CCDesktop Engineer (SCCM/SOE)WA
- CCBusiness Analyst - Logistic and TransportVIC
- CCTest ManagerNSW
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (Java/SQL) 160721/AP/624Asia
- CCTechnical BI Business Analyst- Informatica, Oracle OBIEENSW
- CCPMO ManagerVIC
- FTEmbedded Software EngineerWA
- CCMessaging EngineerNSW
- CCTest Lead-Agile, SCRUM, HP QC, JIRA, UX Government backgroundNSW
- CCSenior Process Analyst - Sydney CBDNSW
- FTFull stack (back end focus) Java Developer | Defence | NV1ACT
- FTUX DesignerVIC
- CCDW/BI DeveloperACT
- FTSQL DATA AnalyticsNSW
- CCSenior Contracts Officer/Procurement -Governmen BckgrndNSW
- CCCrystal reports expertACT
- FTProject Coordinator- NSW Government - reform BackgroundNSW
- FTNetwork Infrastructure SpecialistSA
- FTSenior Architect, Marketing and Campaign ManagementNSW
- FTSystems Engineer | Defence | NV1 / NV2 clearanceACT
- CCChange Analysts - multiple rolesNSW