We take a look at Microsoft's new 10.6in Windows tablet.
Here are some of the more interesting improvements - and quirks - of Windows 8 RP, as Microsoft sprints to the finish line
When Twitter tweaked its blue bird, the design world was atwitter (pun intended). We spoke with Silicon Valley graphic designer Steve Yamaguma of Design2Market to get his insights into a few familiar tech logos. More goes into design than most people realize. Think: subliminal messages.
We unbox Apple's latest creation, the impressive MacBook Pro with Retina display.
Here's a look back at the most memorable events and products from 1987
Apple unveiled an updated MacBook line, more Mountain Lion features, iOS 6, and a smarter Siri. Here are some photos and recaps of Monday's WWDC keynote.
Think you have to manage a lot of IT gear? These massive facilities - each at least 100,000 square feet and most much larger than that -- house thousands of servers and process millions of documents, images and videos every day.
Implementing and supporting 802.1X authentication on your network can be a challenge, but here are some tools that can help.
Apple rolled out major upgrades for both of its main notebooks today at WWDC. Here’s a quick look at the new MacBook Pro and MacBook Air.
A look at the Father of Computer Science's media portrayals upon the celebration of his birth 100 years ago
Now that Microsoft has released the latest beta version of Windows 8, with the clever name of Release Preview, here are 5 things we love and 5 things we hate about the new OS.
With more and more companies storing more and more data and hoping to leverage it for actionable insights, Big Data is making a big splash these days. Open source technology is at the core of most Big Data initiatives. Here are nine key open source Big Data technologies to keep an eye on.
Windows 8 is hot, the devices are strange, and the experimentation is cool
Even though we're all walking around with computers in our pockets (a.k.a. smartphones) there's still lots of uses for even more and even smaller computers.
A look at the history of remote controls, some of the coolest remotes out now, and what's ahead for changing the channels on your TV.
Gadgets & Things
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Finally! LG OLED TV 2016 range review
- 2 Google Daydream View VR full, in-depth review
- 3 Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: Phones just got smarter
- 4 Apple iPhone 7 Plus review: including Portrait Mode
- 5 MSI GS70 laptop review
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Microsoft's "Holoportation" will virtually beam you into another room
- Russia claims it foiled a cyber attack from a foreign spy service
- Intel's silence on Optane SSDs raises questions about launch and focus
- Random iPhone 6s shutdowns due to faulty battery component, Apple says
- Researchers find a way bypass the iOS activation lock
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- TV of the year award 2016
- Best phone of the year 2016
- Google Daydream View VR full, in-depth review
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- FTSenior Test EngineerNSW
- FTSystem AdministratorNSW
- CCInfrastructure Project ManagerNSW
- FTSenior Business Analyst, Wealth ManagementWA
- FTSenior Project Analyst, PMO, WealthNSW
- CCProject Manager/Scrum MasterVIC
- CCProduct Manager - TV and MediaNSW
- CCSenior Project ManagerNSW
- CCService Desk/Helpdesk ConsultantNSW
- TPFull Stack .NET DeveloperWA
- CCConsumer Social Specialist (Digital)VIC
- FTSenior Business AnalystSA
- CCCloud Automation Engineer. Work Location - CanberraNSW
- FTIdentity Management Team LeaderVIC
- CCSecurity Architect Finance Contract Sydney CBDNSW
- CCSiebel DeveloperNSW
- CC.Net & Oracle Developers - Agile, Digital/ Portal DevelopmentNSW
- CCService Monitoring Specialist - Information SecurityVIC
- CCSenior Information Management SMENSW
- CCAEM DeveloperVIC
- TPFront End DeveloperNSW
- TPCloud DevOps EngineerVIC
- CCLevel 1 Help Desk - Immediate Start!QLD
- CCSenior Front End Wed DeveloperQLD
- CCNetwork Solution Designer/Architect - Finance - Contract - SydneyNSW