The tech world is full of seemingly little apps that can make a huge difference in your work life. But how do you find them? To help you get started, we've drawn up a list of 10 indispensable PC applications to help you work smarter.
From tablet-based texting to social media management, these Android tablet apps are at the top of their class when it comes to communication.
The 1970s played host to an explosion in consumer electronics gadgets that changed how we educate, entertain, calculate, and communicate.
The third-generation iPad sports a eye-catching display. These App Store downloads use that improved screen to full effect.
Lusting after Google's glasses? Here are 15 augmented reality apps you can get now.
Recalling classic computers upon the passing of Commodore International founder Jack Tramiel
Transportation, healthcare, fashion and more get the MIT treatment
Microsoft, Motorola, Oracle and Google, Facebook and many others are fighting for a piece of righteous intellectual property pie
Lots of mobile apps and Web services are available to help people who want all their digital content - not just documents - at their fingertips at any time. We look at 20 that are fun, useful, or both.
If you're casting someone to play the late-Steve Jobs, what qualities would you look for? Enigmatic? Ruthless? Sneaky? Clever? Charismatic? All of the above? Among today's leading men, here are 10 who could portray the iconic Apple CEO, for better or worse.
Vienna University of Technology says its 3D printer creates images in world record time
Ethernet is almost 40 years old. Here’s a look at some of its product origins
HP has released what it claims to be the world's first all-in-one workstation PC, the Z1 Workstation. It has a 27in IPS panel with 10-bit colour support and a native resolution of 2560x1440 pixels, making it perfect for graphics professions. Behind the screen is where all the compute power sits, and it can be customised depending on your needs.
Our roundup of some of 2011's Internet-based April Fools' pranks should get you in the mood for this year's inevitable crop. Get ready to wince.
At a press conference in Sydney today, Prime Minister Julia Gillard joined NBNCo's Mike Quigley, Minister for Broadband Stephen Conroy, Minister for Infrastructure Anthony Albanese and NICTA's Hugh Durrant-Whyte for the announcement of NBNCo's three-year network roll-out plan.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Huawei P9 review: lifting photography to another level... sometimes.
- 2 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 3 D-Link Taipan AC3200 Ultra tri-band modem-router review
- 4 Dell XPS 13 (2016) review: Making the very best Ultrabook
- 5 Microsoft Surface Book review: The verdict on Microsoft's first notebook
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- HPE has won $3 billion in a lawsuit against Oracle
- Tesla's autopilot is being investigated after a fatal crash
- Will NBN be the biggest loser in Saturday’s Federal Election?
- This mobile Trojan from China fills your phone with porn apps
- Eyefi leaves some card owners stranded, highlighting IoT hazards
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- CCSAP ABAP - Senior developerVIC
- FTNV2 Defence Project Manager | Canberra | Major exciting White Paper projectsACT
- CCProject Manager | Experimental military technology | NV1ACT
- CCPMO AnalystVIC
- CCProgram Test ManagerNSW
- CCIntegration ArchitectNSW
- CCMicrosoft .NET Developer (Server and Applications)SA
- FTBusiness Analyst - Clinical SystemsSA
- CCSAP Portal DeveloperVIC
- CCTibco DeveloperWA
- CCITSM ConsultantNSW
- CCDynamics CRM DeveloperNSW
- CCSAP PI/PO ConsultantVIC
- CCSenior Project Coordinator - Large Telco - URGENTNSW
- CCETL Developer - Tableau FocusNSW
- FTSolution ArchitectVIC
- CCContract IT Assistant (IT Security/IT Audit) 160621/ITA/361Asia
- FTAutomation Test Engineer | C#/.Net focusNSW
- CCIT Business AnalystNSW
- CCPMO ManagerVIC
- CCLead Communications ConsultantWA
- CCSenior Media AnalystVIC
- CCUser Experience AnalystACT
- CCLinux Systems AdministratorVIC
- CCMidrange Technical ArchitectQLD