The potential of the iPad as an educational tool is slowly being unlocked, with the University of Adelaide handing out iPads to science students. Schools in Tasmania have been investigating Apple's tablet too. We've rounded up some of the best education apps available for the iPad.
Our colleagues in the US have labelled the iPad the 'children's toy of the year'. There is no doubting the iPad's potential as a learning device, and we've rounded up some of the best educational and fun iPad apps for youngsters.
Although popular turn-by-turn GPS apps for the iPhone, like Navigon's MobileNavigator and TomTom's Australia are yet to make an appearance on the iPad, there are plenty of other GPS apps available in the App Store.
From Awesome Currency Calculator to iTranslate, here are 15 iPad apps that will help you do the job and make the process a bit more fun.
The iPad has been described as a revolutionary device, and it offers a world of possibilities when it comes to games.
Windows has come a long way since 1985. Where will it go next?
Welcome to the holiday season. Starting at Halloween and continuing through Hanukkah, Christmas, and New Year's, this is the time of year when photo opportunities with your friends and family come thick and fast.
Ghost hunters, in their attempts to verify paranormal activity, rely on technology.
Sometimes we can't play everything. And sometimes we're too focused on Madden NFL this or Mass Effect that, missing more-intrepid games. What's a consumer to do?
Alfred Hitchcock once said that to make a great film, you need three things: "the script, the script and the script."
Lord Of the Rings (LOTR) actress, Miranda Otto, brought the star power to the launch of the indie, international and classic film delivery service.
One of the most popular movie franchises of all time, we've dug up some of the best (and worst!) gadgets and accessories inspired by Star Wars.
From new MacBook Air models, FaceTime for the Mac, a preview of OS X 10.7 Lion, and a barrel of iLife upgrades, Apple delivered the goods at its Back to the Mac. See what's new...
Google rolled out a number of cool products this year, but not all of them can be home runs. Here's a look at the best and worst of Google this year.
From blinking lights and punch cards to LCDs and 3D flat panels, we trace the 70-year history of the tech that users rely on to see what a computer is doing.
Smart LED Bulb LB130
Epson EcoTank Expression ET-2500
Everki ContemPRO Roll Top Laptop Backpack
Microsoft L5V-00027 Sculpt Ergonomic Keyboard Desktop
Samsung portable 1TB T3 drive
Lexar® JumpDrive® S57 USB 3.0 flash drive
UE Boom 2 Bluetooth speaker
Linksys AC5400 MU-MIMO Gigabit router
Epson WorkForce ET-4550
Logitech G403 Prodigy mouse
3SIXT Ultra HD Sports Action Camera
Huawei Mate 9
Lexar® Portable SSD
Google Daydream VR headset
Epson WorkForce DS-360W
Acer Swift 7
Lexar® JumpDrive® S45 USB 3.0 flash drive
Belkin MIXIT Metallic Lightning to USB Cable
HD Pan/Tilt Wi-Fi Camera with Night Vision NC450
Lexar® JumpDrive® C20c USB Type-C flash drive
HP Pavilion x360 13”
Blade 28 backpack by Arc’teryx
Lexar® Professional 1800x microSDHC™/microSDXC™ UHS-II cards
Audio-Technica ATH-ANC70 Noise Cancelling Headphones
Garmin Fenix Chronos smartwatch
Dell Inspiron 5000 series 2-in-1
Dell XPS 13 laptop
Surface Pro 4
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Huawei Mate 9 full in-depth smartphone review
- 2 ZTE Axon 7 review: Is ZTE dumping old stock on Australia?
- 3 Oppo R9s smartphone full review
- 4 Huawei Nova Plus smartphone review
- 5 Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: Phones just got smarter
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- The new BlackBerry has a physical keyboard and will arrive in April
- Uber rejects claims it stole Waymo's self-driving car tech
- Microsoft Store has slashed the Asus ZenBook Flip's price by $200
- Google discloses unpatched IE vulnerability after Patch Tuesday delay
- FCC puts the brakes on ISP privacy rules it just passed in October
PCW Evaluation Team
I’d happily recommend this touchscreen laptop and Windows 10 as a great way to get serious work done at a desk or on the road.
Ultimately, I think the Windows 10 environment is excellent for me as it caters for so many different uses. The inclusion of the Xbox app is also great for when you need some downtime too!
For me, the Xbox Play Anywhere is a great new feature as it allows you to play your current Xbox games with higher resolutions and better graphics without forking out extra cash for another copy. Although available titles are still scarce, but I’m sure it will grow in time.
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
- How to quit Pokemon Go (or to start enjoying it again)
- Huawei Mate 9 full in-depth smartphone review
- Time to ditch Foxtel and the iQ3: How to replace Foxtel packages with cheaper alternatives
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- TPMicrosoft Dynamics DeveloperNSW
- FTApplications DeveloperACT
- CCBPM DeveloperVIC
- CCSQL Database AdministratorQLD
- TPiOS Developer (Mobile)NSW
- TPSolution Architect - IntegrationQLD
- FTNodeJS DeveloperNSW
- FTSenior Project Manager - PERMANENTACT
- CCProject Manager (Event Management)NSW
- CCBusiness Project ManagerNSW
- FTSenior Software Engineer x 2 - Adelaide Based (PV, NV2 or NV1 required)VIC
- CCMDM Consultant/DesignerVIC
- FTSenior Java EngineerACT
- TPBusiness Process Analyst (Newcaslte Based)NSW
- CCDesktop Engineer l WollongongNSW
- CCTest AnalystQLD
- FTSenior Database AdministratorVIC
- TPDigital Process Business Analyst - Digital Transformation**NSW
- FTMid-Level Software Engineer x 2 - Adelaide Based (PV, NV2 or NV1 required)ACT
- CCCA ITCM / ITCA EngineerNSW
- CCSenior Networks Specialist - DNS PlatformVIC
- TPProject Coordinator/Junior Project ManagerVIC
- TPDigital Project ManagerVIC
- TPService Desk ManagerVIC
- FTMid Level PHP DeveloperNSW