BlackBerry OS is RIM's mobile operating system that runs specifically on BlackBerry phones. It also powers the company's tablet, the BlackBerry PlayBook.
Windows Phone is Microsoft's mobile operating system and was previously known as Windows Mobile. Windows Phone is a completely new mobile operating system that was launched in 2010 and was built from the ground up to compete with Apple's iOS and Google's Android platforms.
Android is a mobile operating system or OS, which is basically the software that runs on a number of mobile devices -- generally smartphones and tablets.
iOS is Apple's mobile operating system (otherwise known as OS). The iOS software powers Apple's iPhone, iPad and iPod touch range of products. It was introduced in 2007 when Apple launched the first iPhone and was formerly called iPhone OS.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 HTC One Mini 2 android smartphone
- 2 Microsoft Surface Pro 3 Windows 8.1 tablet
- 3 Medion Akoya E4110 (MD 8239) desktop PC
- 4 Samsung Galaxy Tab S (10.5) 4G review
- 5 Dell Inspiron 11 3000 Series convertible laptop
Best Deals on GoodGearGuide
Latest News Articles
- Bug infects Apple's iOS 8 HealthKit, delaying app launches
- Google lets Apps users bypass admins and install third-party Marketplace tools
- Apple rolls out iOS 8 to Australian iPhones, iPads today
- The kill switch is here: iOS 8 enables it by default
- Reports of another wave of layoffs rekindle bad press for Microsoft
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.