Broadband Speed Test
About Broadband Speed Test
What is Broadband Speed Test testing?Broadband Speed Test performs three key measurements used to determine the overall quality and performance of your Internet connection.
The speed at which data is sent from the Internet to your computer.
The speed at which data is sent from your computer to the Internet.
The time it takes in milliseconds for a small piece of data to be sent from your computer to the Internet and back.
Theoretical Maximum SpeedsThe advertised speed seen on many broadband deals is actually the theoretical maximum. We have listed the theoretical maximum speeds below for your reference. The Broadband Speed Test result may vary due to a variety of factors including:
- line quality
- distance from the exchange (ADSL/ADSL2+)
- quality of the wiring
- your modem settings
- network congestion
Compare your broadband speedYou've done the Broadband Speed test, so how does your connection stack up? How fast is your broadband connection? Share your broadband results with our team and find out!
Best Deals on PCWorld
- Printers & ScannersView all »
- NotebooksView all »
- TabletsView all »
- Mobile PhonesView all »
- Networking, Wireless & VoIPView all »
Sign up to PC World Today for the latest news, reviews and galleries from PC World Australia.Sign up now »
Is your internet really as fast as you think it is? Find out here.
- FTTest EngineerVIC
- FTOS Web Applications DeveloperNSW
- FTTechnical Business AnalystNSW
- FTJob Title: Mac Systems/ Enterprise Systems EngineerNZ
- FT.NET - Sitecore Developer - Melbourne - PermNSW
- FTSenior Python DeveloperNSW
- FTQuality ManagerSA
- FTR&D EngineerSA
- FTFlash / ActionScript Developer - ContractNSW
- FTWeb Analyst - WebTrendsVIC
- FTLead Software EngineerSA