Easing the path for organizations to launch big data-styled services, Red Hat has coupled the 10gen MongoDB data store to its new identity management package for the Red Hat Enterprise Linux (RHEL) distribution.
Open source database provider 10gen is expanding into storage services, offering a hosted backup service for its flagship MongoDB data store.
Following the tradition set by recent versions, the new release of the MongoDB NoSQL data store comes with a batch of new features designed to appeal to the enterprise market, including a new built-in search engine, more support for geospatial data a...
While debate <a href="http://m.cacm.acm.org/magazines/2011/6/108663-scalable-sql/fulltext">rages on</a> over the value of nonrelational, or NoSQL, databases, two case studies presented at a New York conference this week point to the benefits of using...
Two performance-minded databases created for supporting Internet services and cloud computing have been revised: MongoDB has been updated and Drizzle has reached its first production-ready release.
Gadgets & Things
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Finally! LG OLED TV 2016 range review
- 2 Google Daydream View VR full, in-depth review
- 3 Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: Phones just got smarter
- 4 Apple iPhone 7 Plus review: including Portrait Mode
- 5 MSI GS70 laptop review
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Intel, Microsoft going long distance with Cortana on Windows 10 PCs
- Obama orders review of election hacks as Trump doubts Russia's role
- Ransomware attacks against businesses increased threefold in 2016
- Attackers use hacked home routers to hit Russia's 5 largest banks
- US mulls rules for airlines that plan in-flight Wi-Fi voice calls
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- The top 10 best and worst tech gadgets and products of 2016
- TV of the year award 2016
- Best phone of the year 2016
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- CCSenior Network ConsultantVIC
- CCIteration Manager / Scrum MasterSA
- CCIteration Manager - DigitalNSW
- FTService Delivery Management LeadQLD
- FTSenior Security and Risk ConsultantNSW
- CCSecurity LeadNSW
- CCPerformance Test AnalystQLD
- FTHealth Software Support Consultant - Permanent - North RydeNSW
- FTSolution DesignerVIC
- CCMobile Application DeveloperQLD
- FTAngular DeveloperSA
- CCProject Manager DW BINSW
- FTFull Stack PHP DeveloperQLD
- CCLotus Notes DeveloperNSW
- CCResource/ Workforce AnalystNSW
- FTSenior Project Manager / Program ManagerNSW
- CCJava Developer/ Web DesginerNSW
- TPAutomation Test EngineerQLD
- FTFront End DeveloperVIC
- CCElectronic Medications Management Solution ArchitectQLD
- FTEngineering ManagerACT
- TPProject Manager - SalesforceVIC
- CCProject ManagerNSW
- CCProject Manager - Scrum MasterNSW
- CCSenior Networks EngineerVIC